[Implemented] Ability to Record Mulitple Battles

Im not sure how possible this is from a programming and an execution standpoint (how good your computer/the server has to be to be able to process and save all of that video) but if it is possible i think it would benefit the game in some ways. My idea is to allow us to record the battles of multiple people at one time w/o having to spectate them. The way it could work is lets say you are at a tourny or something. You can look at the bracket right click all of the participants and press an option that will have your computer record any of their battles that happen while you are in the same room together. It will also record all of battle chat. Then ofc you would have a list of people you can uncheck as they lose so you are no longer recording them.

What effect/possible benefits could see from this?

Youtubers will have an easy time recording tournies. If we gave the community, especially people who have a youtube channel and would be interested in this, an easy way to record torunies and post them then its free advertising in a way. I think that the content that could come from this could be interesting an i wouldnt mind watching it if its well done.

One mod could host entire tournies. This is the main reason I thought of this idea. This idea would allow one mod to host an entire tourny by themselves. Set ur recorder to record all of the participants and just watch the system messages for winners and losers. If there is a problem in the tourny then the mod could just watch the replay to make a ruling on it. This would allow for us to have many many more tournies. Mods like noadhunter and rachelucario can host tournies for people in diff timezones by themselves and much more often. We could have more weekday tournies for people who work on the weekends. I think that this option could have great benefits to the way tournies are done.

One possible side effect that could come from this, and this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it, is that scouting another players teams and playstyle becomes extremely easy. You could literally stalk a player and record all of his battles to review later if you wanted to (thats a lil extreme idt anyone would do that).

Edited by XelaKebert
Changed Title
  • 1 year later...