Masters Invitational General Thread

nmGMof6.png

What is this: Have you ever wanted to be the best there is? Have you ever wanted bragging rights? Do you want the chance to take out the competition and show your true skills as the #1 PokeMaster in PokeMMO? Well, now you can! Introducing Archi & Jays reproduction of former greatness that was known as the Masters Invitational. Now I shall explain to you what this is in more detail. This is a monthly event, that holds a 32 participant, single elimination bracket. 

Regarding prizes: Jay and myself are not wealthy enough to be supplying the prize for these every month. So, with that being said, for this to work out how we would like, we will require donations to keep it going. We are looking towards having 1-1.5 mill in value per month and the finale being 10-12m in value. Jay and I would also like to make/include signatures/banners to put on your profile in the prize for bragging rights so you (the winner) are able to show it off, but for this we would most likely need a volunteer to make these for us.

*If you would like to make a donation, PM Jayfeatskydd*

Who will be hosting/in charge?: Archinix, Jayfeatskydd, Inarin (Streamer), 1-2 open slots for anyone interested in assisting. (Jay & I decided if ThinkNice is interested in helping out, he gets a spot immediately.)

----

We’d like to know what you think of a mini finale or “Mid-terms” sometime in august.We feel it’d be a nice addition because the problem with the last master’s was that all the players that got invited got banned or died. So, we’ve proposed this to make your hard work count for something. The prize for the real finale will be much better than this finale but it’ll be something nice enough to grab attention.

Thank You!
Edited by Archinix

Donations:

1M - Thorn 

15K - TheWhiteHero

100K - Zehkar

75K - GoldenEyes

^All these went to January's Nidoran [VVVV] hosted^

Shiny Ledian -  BrainJuice Nvm

2M - [PkéM] PokéManiacs Reserved [PkéM] for April

1.6M - Hassan

35,000,000 - [Ktlu] Ktulu Reserved [Ktlu] 25M for February. 10M left

Shiny Muk - Thorn Nvm

1.25M - Forfiter 

Shiny Gastly - Throwdown Reserved [AW] for March

Shiny Tentacruel - TheFireLion(Actually gave it to me just because but putting it to donations)

[Spoiler]

January - [VVVV]

February - [Ktlu]

March - [AW]

April - [PkéM]

May - [VVVV]

June -

July -

August -

September -

October -

November -

December -

[/Spoiler]

Edited by jayfeatskydd

Winners:

January: Frags

February: Bluejim

March: OldKeith

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November: 

December:

Reserves:

January: Bluejim

February: ThinkNice

March: StelaOak

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November: 

December:

Edited by Archinix

"Home Game" Idea

What do you guys think of having each monthly OU tournament be "Hosted" by one of our communities many Competitive teams.

By "hosted" I mean the said team of the month donates the 1.2m (or wutever the number is) prize, is able to choose the location of the event (maybe their team base or fav spot / chanel), and has spots in the bracket reserved for members of that team during the month (like 4-6 maybe?).

The reffing and organizing would still obviously be done by Jay and Archi, but I think it would provide a "home game" sports type of situation that could be interesting.

You would have the oppertunity to compete in the "LYLE August OU Tournament", where you could try and beat Bowser and Co. on their home turf, or viceversa.

Pros:

-Everyone gets to feel like they contributed to the event

-Way easier and quicker funding (1.2m or wutever isn't anything to an entire team, ask each member for like 50-100k lol)

-Another layer of competition and just overall enjoyment

Cons:

-12 teams would have to actually be willing to go through with it (I know if Archi and Jay give the go ahead, me and OBEY will def be contributing)

Edited by magorax

"Home Game" Idea

What do you guys think of having each monthly OU tournament be "Hosted" by one of our communities many Competitive teams.

By "hosted" I mean the said team of the month donates the 1.2m (or wutever the number is) prize, is able to choose the location of the event (maybe their team base or fav spot / chanel), and has spots in the bracket reserved for members of that team during the month (like 4-6 maybe?).

The reffing and organizing would still obviously be done by Jay and Archi, but I think it would provide a "home game" sports type of situation that could be interesting.

You would have the oppertunity to compete in the "LYLE August OU Tournament", where you could try and beat Bowser and Co. on their home turf, or viceversa.

Pros:

-Everyone gets to feel like they contributed to the event

-Way easier and quicker funding (1.2m or wutever isn't anything to an entire team, ask each member for like 50-100k lol)

-Another layer of competition and just overall enjoyment

Cons:

-12 teams would have to actually be willing to go through with it (I know if Archi and Jay give the go ahead, me and OBEY will def be contributing)

This would in fact make funding a lot easier.  That being said, I can't vouch for what other teams can do.

I really do like the idea.

If you can't find 12 teams funding it just make 6 teams funding it twice.

COPE, Aura, LYLE, Pkem, CIX, AW

edit: it also makes the hosting responsibility a lot easier.

My team (OBEY) is def willing to host atleast a month, maybe 2 if you guys decide you wanna do this

Edit* It would be nice if Leaders or officers of those teams u mentioned above said their peiece on the subject

Edited by magorax

My team (OBEY) is def willing to host atleast a month, maybe 2 if you guys decide you wanna do this

Edit* It would be nice if Leaders or officers of those teams u mentioned above said their peiece on the subject

I got Aura covered.

Lion is a uguu and does not wanna help.

I'd have to talk to JJ, no idea.

Orange pls halp

Zebra leader of Cix? Guy's got $$, get over here.

I won't complain for the first one but overall can the time zone be at least a little bit suitable for Europeans? The one we're having now starts 1 AM for me and not even a weekend so I'd hope for the future it could be preferably more like on a weekend and maybe slightly earlier even though I do realize it's impossible to make everyone happy.

Anyways, our fellow Maniacs are informed about this and let's see.. we're discussing at the moment and looks like we're looking forward to participate of the donations and hosting of this thing.

Edited by OrangeManiac