Change some NPC's line of vision

FrankIero

Question

On route 115 (north) there are a group of NPC's to fight all in one area and I think two of them should have their line of vision range reduced (so you have to get closer to battle them) my reason being:

ffbc937e32.png

Where the blonde NPC is now is where I fought both the old man and the little boy, i entered from below and the little boy didn't spot me until I moved up one square.

First the old man stands in the direct path of the blonde NPC, who usually circles the trees, so he blocks her from moving which to me feels odd, like it shouldn't happen because the only thing I've ever seen block an NPC from moving is my own sprite, so perhaps reducing his range of vision by one space would fix that.

Secondly the little boy now blocks the path to the patch of grass on Route 115, meaning that I have to leave the area and surf all the way back for his sprite to move back to the original position so I can pass him (or go up and fight two more trainers for a way around). There is no way to enter his line of vision without causing him to move forward and block the path. By reducing his range of vision to one square, you would still have to fight him to get to the grass, but he wouldn't block the path.

I know that these ranges of vision are the exact same as in the actual Emerald game, however I don't think it's that big of a deal to change one or two tiny thing(s), especially seeing as their ranges of vision in emerald were designed to cause a double battle, but in Pokemmo that specific way of starting a double battle isn't implemented.

(edit: i know it's not a big deal at all, just a little pet peeve i guess)

Edited by FrankIero

2 answers to this question

You can still enter the grass from the top right section, near the loamy soil~ It's slightly hidden, but there's a path there that can be walked through.

Secondly the little boy now blocks the path to the patch of grass on Route 115, meaning that I have to leave the area and surf all the way back for his sprite to move back to the original position so I can pass him (or go up and fight two more trainers for a way around). There is no way to enter his line of vision without causing him to move forward and block the path. By reducing his range of vision to one square, you would still have to fight him to get to the grass, but he wouldn't block the path.

apologies for not stating it more obviously, it's why I said it's not a big deal (neither of the NPC's are really), just though it might help to look a little less cluttered I guess?