Daily Tasks

londark

Question

So, with the new breeding system now "everyone is broke", and the only way to earn so $$$ is either mindlessly Pay Day, and let's face it, it's a boring and unrewarding system, selling shinies for money, but not anyone can do that, selling comps, but today you'll probably spend more to make one than what you are gonna get by selling it, and some others not really exicinting ways like Alt Run or Ev Training Services.

Now, what we need, is a new way of making money, possibly not boring as hell, accessible to everyone, and not totally broken.

What i'm gonna suggest are Daily Tasks. What are Daily Tasks. As the name suggest are a bunch ( like 3 ) of Tasks, that the player can complete in a day, before they get "refreshed" the next day. These Daily Task will award the player with a certain sum of money. After the player completes all the Daily Task of the day, it'll get a bonus for doing so.

Now, what kind of Daily Task are we talking about?

In my opinion they shouldn't be too hard or too grindy, but still, not something that can be done in a minute or 2.

Something like -Defeating XXX Number of Water Pokemon- or -Defeating XXX Number of Pokemon only with YYY Move-

This can be extended with some fantasy ( thing that i lack, so up for suggestions ) to things like -Steal XXX Number of YYY iteam from wild pokemons- 

Another kind of Task, would be -Winning XXX number of Matchmaking Battles- but to do that we will need a Matchmaking System, since the one we have, is dead since a long time ( lots of player don't even know it exists ). This could be a nice way of trying revive it.

The Rewards.

They shouldn't be too high, don't expect Millions for doing them, but, on the other hand, they should give enough money to actually stimulate players to do them instead of Paydaying. 25-30K for Task looks ok to me, but whatever, it's just an example...

Plus, there could be some kind of Point System, and after completing a certain ammount of Tasks ( 6-12-18-.... ) the player will get some kind of reward, like Breeding Items, Vitamins Sets, Shards, Storyline TMs, PP Ups/Maxs etc etc....The more Task you complete, better the rewards become. 

Now, this will provide some nice features to the game. First of all, it'll allow players to earn money in a less Mindlessly and boring way than Pay Day ( should be also more efficient ), it'll also give the players the possibility of doing something different depending on the tasks. Adding to that, some tasks could be done while also doing other activities, like EV Training or Farming Items. 

As said, having a Task of winning some Matchmaking battles should provide so use in the dead system.

Lastly, it'll let players the possibility of getting some "non Farmable" items like Storylines TMs and PP Max, something that players actually need.

Now, how will players know what are the Daily Task of today? 

There could be a Pop Up window where the Daily Tasks are shown to the players that appears every time you log in. Plus the player should be able to  manually open the window from a button somewhere in the screen ( like the bar with Team, Bag etc ). The window should also show the progress made by the player in the task ( like 12/15 etc )

This is just a rough idea, it should be polished a lot to fit into PokeMMO, but it's always better than nothing

Discuss

Totally not based on BF Daily Task :X

8 answers to this question

pls, the only way it could have been stolen any harder would be suggesting tuesday and thursday is evolution daily tasks and all other days were level up 20 times :l

Pshhhh, we can't do that here....yet

EDIT; Actually we can, but whatever

Edited by londar

I was thinking something a little more uniqe rather than beat up certain pokemon for a while or only using certain moves.

Perhaps someone occasionally loses a pokemon and you have to go retrieve it from it's last known location. *for ex: Please find my spinda! I lost in somewhere along route 41! I will give you 25k if you do!*

The correct spinda would only respond if you used a certain item given to you by the job giver. It's just an idea I had.

The item would be useless on any other pokemon is unsaleable and will be returned to the job giver upon retrieving his pokemon.

Edited by loukenshrew

It's already been discussed and there's a good chance of it happening after other stuff is done. It'll be basic to start with, such as "defeat/capture X AMOUNT of TYPE pokemon". So for example "Catch 10 wild grass type pokemon" or "Defeat 10 fire type pokemon in trainer battles" or "Win 10 PvP battles with a water type pokemon". Beyond that, it hasn't been fleshed out more. My thought was always offer players something similar to how GW2 does daily quests. Offer players about 10 possible quests to do each day, once they've completed 5 of them, they get a reward. After completing x amount of daily quests over any span of time (like 100), offer a large reward. Leaderboards will show who has done the most daily quests overall. This adds a competitive aspect to it and encourages people to do them above just getting in game rewards.

At a certain time each day, daily quests reset and give you a new set of 10 quests to complete.

Again, this is just ideas that have been thrown around, nothing is ready yet but no one disagrees that it would be a good addition to the game.

Good idea of daily task would be something insipired on catching contest like it was in gen 2(bug catching contest) but it should have better prizes and better pokemon encounters
My idea for Hoenn/Kanto Catching contest as for daily:

A Random Rolled type

-Monday A Type catching contest

-Tuesday A Type catching contest

-Saturday Day Off

-Sunday All Type catching contest

Goal: Catch best size/weigh pokemon from desired by npc places only(to make it harder to find)
Instruction: Go to Special NPC, sign for contest, go to the desired place, search, catch, go to the NPC to write in label your catched pokemon

Prize: Depends on Devs imagination, can be yens, can be shinny ribbon gift upgrade, can be valuable items like pp ups/tms and add to HALL OF FAME - CATCHING , and to award for time spending on this maybe something like "loser prize", some low price items like pearls/nuggets?

Requiments: Adding 2 rows in summary 5th that will inform us about pokemon size/weigh