Tiered or "Modified" Trainer Tower

kakaloto

Question

Oh, hi there :) *stops sanding canoe*

I used to like to run the trainer tower for fun. It can be quite challenging and the payoff for multiple successful runs can make quite a lot of pokeyen. Lately I'm finding it as monotonous as paydaying though. I have a 'maximum efficiency' team for farming BP, but if I switch out a few pokes to add a wildcard or a UU it all falls apart. So, as I want the BP, I'm stuck using the same party over and over and over. The only pokes it seems okay to switch for without losing efficiency are all OU, (and overly OU by me.)

My suggestion is a trainer tower with more random pokes, UU's, tricky BL's etc, and a lower BP payout. Maybe even the option of running a UU or NU trainer tower- also with a lower payout. As it is, the trainer tower is both boring *and* merciless at the same time: You can either use the same team or slightly differing variations of great pokes, over and over until you implode- Or you can train up and experiment with your favorite UUs and watch them get violated. Every. Time.

Please introduce a happy medium or at least *some* variety. Thank you for your time.

*goes back to sanding canoe* 

7 answers to this question

We don't currently HAVE UU, and all the teams from this "UU Trainer Tower" would have to be premade, so that's not even an option at the moment.

However, if that were not the case, I find this kinda unlikely. The Trainer Tower NPCs are based on their counterparts from the real games, and a UU section would require trainers to be, well, made up. Considering the amount of effort that must have gone into making TT accurate, I can't imagine them adding this. Not to mention how much fucking work it'd be for staff to make all these teams, AND the fact the metagame changes so much over time, especially in between updates, potentially rendering these lower tier TT sections irrelevant or unusable.

TL;DR: unrealistic

We don't currently HAVE UU, and all the teams from this "UU Trainer Tower" would have to be premade, so that's not even an option at the moment.

However, if that were not the case, I find this kinda unlikely. The Trainer Tower NPCs are based on their counterparts from the real games, and a UU section would require trainers to be, well, made up. Considering the amount of effort that must have gone into making TT accurate, I can't imagine them adding this. Not to mention how much fucking work it'd be for staff to make all these teams, AND the fact the metagame changes so much over time, especially in between updates, potentially rendering these lower tier TT sections irrelevant or unusable.

TL;DR: unrealistic

I honestly find you to be like, the Morgan Freeman of PokeMMO...