Everyone's broke.

CZD

I was wondering. Is staff doing this on purpose? The new breeding doesn't allow us to make money from it anymore. Well, some still sell their breeds but I feel like it's just a very few people. It seems like no one has pokeyen, and the ones that actually have some cash, don't really want to spend it on anything else than UTs. No one buys shinys anymore excepted for very good deals. The economy's fucked up. It's supposed to be based on pokeyen but when there's no way to earn some, excepted payday-ing (which is repetitive, boring af and not really worth it, since you have to spend like 4hours to get around 500k) it's just not looking good at all long-term wise. I didn't post this in Suggestion Box, cause tbh, I have no idea what staff could do to fix this situation, excepted increasing pay-outs from payday-ing, which wouldn't change the fact that it's very repetitive and boring... But yeah I do think you guys need to do something. You can't just let everyone go bankrupt. There's really something wrong with this economy IMO.
Discuss.

500k in 4 hours via paydaying? oO i make 80k a hour max ._.

Surely improving the breeding the way that ThinkNice has suggested would help us all to have a healthier economy, but I still see a huge problem of how are we supposed to make money when the most important mechanic in the game for almost everyone has became the moneysink rather than profitable thingy.

I like that cash has some actual value now, and shiny trading is not profitable (I'd think twice before paying cash for a shiny now, even if the deal is seemingly good). However, I do agree that making money should be less of a grind, and more innovative.

Thing is, they really have to think before making a decision so the money grind will not be abusable through alts so people like myself or Quakkz won't benefit from it more than others :v I would personally think about making Amulet Coin work with Pay Day or bring back it's original mechanic (x2 payouts overall). It's still a grind but definietly less painful compared to what we have right now. Or that it works multiple times in trainer battles. Paydaying the trainers with lvl 50-60s would earn ~~2500-3000 from pure paydaying + the eventual boosted amount from Amulet Coin.

Maybe also boosting the prices of some non-consumable "jewelery" (I like calling them like that :D ) items such as Nugget, Pearl, Big Pearl?* That would make people go into the wild and start hunting Shellders and Meows to actually get those items and sell to NPC, but it would have to be comparable with paydaying.

I apologize CZD for somewhat off-topicing in your thread and turning it into "suggestions about new money grind methods" but I honestly don't feel like making a separate thread for that :(

[spoiler]*- I'm pretty aware of the fact that this might sound a little biased from a person who collects all of those 3 mentioned items, but I'm collecting them only for purpose of collecting. Some people like shinies, some like brainless grinding for shards/ money, I like jewelery :lol: [/spoiler]

You know, you guys, breeding should not be a way to make money. In other games, refinement is usually super costly, and imo breeding Pokemon should not be a way to steadily increase IVs overall - it should be a way to patch up your "almost perfect" catch that is missing maybe 1 IV or nature. Catching should be the primary time-sink. Or, if you want to invest TONS of resources (as it is right now), you can make a perfect competitive Pokemon. That seems to be the design approach the dev team aimed for here and it's one that I agree with.

You know, you guys, breeding should not be a way to make money. In other games, refinement is usually super costly, and imo breeding Pokemon should not be a way to steadily increase IVs overall - it should be a way to patch up your "almost perfect" catch that is missing maybe 1 IV or nature. Catching should be the primary time-sink. Or, if you want to invest TONS of resources (as it is right now), you can make a perfect competitive Pokemon. That seems to be the design approach the dev team aimed for here and it's one that I agree with.

I'd argue that, trading is and should be a heavy part of this game, and breeding should benefit that.  But thats not really the point, breeding is just extremely expensive.  I went broke in, probably not even an hour.  I may not be rich but what I had should have lasted longer than it did, it was what most people will have when they start getting into it.

Edited by Munya

then, they need to find something else. we need moar yen. you can't just increase money sinks without counterbalancing.

I'd argue that, trading is and should be a heavy part of this game, and breeding should benefit that.  But thats not really the point, breeding is just extremely expensive.  I went broke in, probably not even an hour.  I may not be rich but what I had should have lasted longer than it did, it was what most people will have when they start getting into it.

The system has resource limitation. Everyone is used to breeding being the primary (and highly exploitable) way of obtaining competitive Pokemon. The devs had said it themselves; it is not. Catching is the primary way of obtaining Pokemon, after which we can use breeding as a refinement system. It is expensive so that it is not exploitable, or requires tremendous amounts of resources to use to create that Pokemon with multiple 31s. I think the devs have done just fine in balancing it. What people aren't realizing is that they cannot abuse this system because there is an intentional resource barrier on it.

The system has resource limitation. Everyone is used to breeding being the primary (and highly exploitable) way of obtaining competitive Pokemon. The devs had said it themselves; it is not. Catching is the primary way of obtaining Pokemon, after which we can use breeding as a refinement system. It is expensive so that it is not exploitable, or requires tremendous amounts of resources to use to create that Pokemon with multiple 31s. I think the devs have done just fine in balancing it. What people aren't realizing is that they cannot abuse this system because there is an intentional resource barrier on it.

The resource barrier is already there with limited pokemon in stock with a high demand(they will always be limited, and always in high demand), there shouldn't be a second extremely high barrier of money.

Edited by Munya

then, they need to find something else. we need moar yen. you can't just increase money sinks without counterbalancing.

Agreed or were going to end up not being able to breed or use any of those features put in.

The way a good economy works is by having balance in spending and bringing in the money. If nobody is spending money because they dint want to end up like 95% of the community how is that healthy.

Spending 40k or 2 hours hunting stones is also beyond bs. I can see about shards because none of them explode on you. But when it can explode come on now. For us to have a balance bringing in cash from e4 like 20k a day or something will benefit. It will be small but work.

Or do like Destiny does and have a weekly mknthyl challenge or daily. And daily always be complete e4 on both regions and earn 40k.

But there needs to be a new outlet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.