[Implemented]Mail System

Or a mailbox system beside the house in littleroot or pallet town.

• Mails cost 1000$ and can be bought @ their respective marts in the game. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mail
  • Mails are stored currently in the bag when bought. All kinds will have a limit of 5.
  • Possible content of the mail would be the sender's IGN, their message, and an optional stamp pokemon bought for like 100$ for example.
  • Mails can be consumed or used, but only once when the message has been typed and checked.
  • Both mails in both regions are synced, just like pc's
  • Message text limit would be 500
  • Players can check and send mail near their house.
  • A menu pops up when selecting the mailbox, search for a player and send the mail.
  • Mailbox limit would be for example 500, there would be a trash option inside the menu
  • Mailbox is disabled until the storyline of the game is finished, The other mailbox in one region would be disabled unless you finish it as well.

Pros:

• Fun way to make use of and send gorgeously designed mails while the pricing serves as limit of abuse of sending mails and spams.
  • The requirement of finishing the game will also limit the spam of alt accounts.

Cons:

• Players would have to fly to their hometown just to check and send their mail
Edited by viigiLANt

With sending mail what's really the point? You kids got like, skype(you can send messages when people are offline) and gmail. Whats the point of PokeMMO mail when almost everyone has some gmail or skype account because parents are like "Hey, let's not monitor our not 13 year old kids."

Then again, that'd involve opening a completely different programme. Okay fine I like your mail idea since MMO lags when I have internet or skype open. I was just saying, though. :)

+1

With sending mail what's really the point? You kids got like, skype(you can send messages when people are offline) and gmail. Whats the point of PokeMMO mail when almost everyone has some gmail or skype account because parents are like "Hey, let's not monitor our not 13 year old kids."

Then again, that'd involve opening a completely different programme. Okay fine I like your mail idea since MMO lags when I have internet or skype open. I was just saying, though. :)

+1

The purpose of having a mail system in PokeMMO is for our own privacy, and not all people are willing to share their skype and email addresses just for the sake of communication. Having the mail system here limits the possibilities of identity theft or worse, hacked emails.

Just sayin'~

+1

I don't think anyone wants to give their emails/skype/google account to random strangers