[Discussion]Tyranitar [Banned from "OU" to Ubers]

It's for the good of it!

• Gen 6 Mechanics (making Dark-type moves not weak towards Steel-types)

• Physical & Special Split (turning Crunch into a very powerful Dark-type STAB move for Tyranitar)

• Too stronk and it's a pseudo-legendary mon'

Join the revolution! #Banttar

Damn I missed it, what happened? Did Ttar run wild?

Prob like 70% usage, even I used my own TTar (woop), Keith basicly won the tournament's final thanks to TTar alone, doe huge credit should go to Esp

Edited by RysPicz

and I lost my match the first time i didn't run ttar

Tfw I lost my match almost solely because Dede was using my Metabrah which is probably waiting in line to get banned as well, right behind Dugtrio and Dragonit, just unrelated note

So what's going to happen? I'm all up for a quickban, literally everyone in this discussion is up for it as well :v

Edited by RysPicz

Prob like 70% usage, even I used my own TTar (woop), Keith basicly won the tournament's final thanks to TTar alone, doe huge credit should go to Esp

The espeon was part of a complicated plot to destroy timwap's triple physical wall team (Forretress, Vaporeon, Slowbro) using special attackers. Modest Espeon alone was enough to deal serious damage (or kill) Blissey, allowing the other special attackers to set up and sweep.

But hey, who needs strats when there is TTar?

Tfw I lost my match almost solely because Dede was using my Metabrah which is probably waiting in line to get banned as well, right behind Dugtrio and Dragonit, just unrelated note

So what's going to happen? I'm all up for a quickban, literally everyone in this discussion is up for it as well :v

Pretty much this. I faced Keith earlier today and his metagross did a meteor mash on my vaporeon switch and became +1. I surfed and he tpunched and there was nothing vaporeon could do. Then there was a rape incoming with ttar and dragonite. The only way I could kill Keith's metagross and ttar was by using a banded dugtrio.

This probably isn't the right thread to say this but I still had to say it.

Edited by NikhilR

Polls please. We need fucking polls.

Way too easily abusable through peps who will just use alts to vote for what they want. Isn't it obvious TTar has to go? Literally everyone voted to get rid of it from OU

E:

#BanTTar

Edited by RysPicz

The Special Defense boost doesn't apply in PokeMMO.

or does it? staff?

but yea it's time i chime in on this for more then a minute.

Cb tytr

pretty much a better version of cb dnite with the aility to switch in on non EQ/super lax and bliss all day. combined with a wish/bell vapo it can sweep whole teams teamed with a spec sweeper to force the spec walls out to come and play.

DD tytr

jolly crunch/slide/eq or super or filler + DD set is scary. after one DD it can outspeed all but jolt, aero, crobat, trode, dug, sceptile, ninjask, and zam. it's very difficult to deal with without something that can come in all day.

tyraniboah

scary in the old days but less so then DD/CB version. 

so the toughest thing about discussing tytr is the 4MSS. both sets should take advantage of physical stab rockslide and crunch. DD set needs DD ofc. so we need to hammer down a moveset to discuss b4 going further and doing the calcs. imo fire punch should be on the CB set to deal with steel types like skarm, steelix, metagross, scizor, ect.....

which leaves us with

CB

-rockslide

-crunch

-fire punch

-TBD

and 

DD

-dragon dance

-rockslide

-crunch

-TBD

guys decided on what you want for final move and i'll start doing the math.

What was the whole point in adding the split if we're just going to ban everything again? Trio back and ttar and salae banned? Am I the only one that finds it weird? Ttar And sala are banned based on perfect predictions it seems like or am I wrong from what I just read?

No it seems like a whole thread wrote valid arguments and these two pokemon are clearly overpowered. Maybe you should post a counter argument if it is so unfair and corrupt.

No it seems like a whole thread wrote valid arguments and these two pokemon are clearly overpowered. Maybe you should post a counter argument if it is so unfair and corrupt.

Did I say corrupt or unfair? No I didn't. My only thing is using the argument that the walls we had before like vap are valid still makes confused. The age of being able to stop pokes with vap is over. Or were gonna go right down the line like me and 4f have both stated. Are we going to ban flygon to now. "2hkos vap" 25% of the time without spikes.

All of these bans are based on "perfect prediction" imo if that's the case flygon gyardis metagross dnite snorlax should all be up for disxussion. Endure rev heracross and blaziken now op with sandstorm gone. Rain teams now op with sand gone.

Do I need calcs or did I prove my point?