Breeding - New System

LordStifler

Breeding  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What breeding system do you prefer?

• The current without having to kill parents
    • The above
    • The current

kinda hard for me to believe that u caught 4 boxes and have not a single 31s o.O thats basically impossible

i find ~20-25% of my caughts to have an 31 in any stat

20-25% sounds pretty high tho... but i'm not blessed with such a luck >.<
i checked again and out of 4 boxes there are 2 with 31 sp.def BUT only 2 who have a potenial of beeing 1x31 in a stat that i don't really need filled with 31 >.< idk...  catching another 3 boxes full of crap to get at lest another 1x31... its way to frustrating i'm farming those dmn paras and venonat since yesterday -_-' even for the pickachu i used to farm way back in the old days took "only" a day ( 84 catches for a 14 28 12 26 4 25 hasty pikachu xD)

Don't give up - I think there is still hope :3
Some just need a bit more time to adapt to it.

I acknowledge that breeding - generally - might not be suited for everybody. But those can continue to buy their pokémon from breeders, as they have done before. Just not below the actual value of the pokémon anymore...

Your money is not "lost", you just added the value to the pokémon you bred.
If you would sell it to an other player, you would get that money back and - if you don't sell too low - also money for your effort.

An example: I recently bred a Jolly natured, 5*31 trapinch from scratch.
Later on, due to an auction of Kyokatsu - who sold a very similar Flygon - I was able to witness that the current market price for it was 1.5m (last offer I saw). So all the money (grind/time, braces, everstones) I invested is currently "bound" to the pokémon I bred, but I could convert it back into cash, if I chose to sell it.

There is no reason to train EVs on a pkmn that you plan to use for breeding.

Man, why are you still that unsatisfied - with fallen prices for braces (though many of us have anticipated that), gender selection and higher trainer payouts?
Furthermore, many other players have made an effort to ease breeding for new players, most notably Gilan with his very useful breeding guide or also DaBeardedLady by pointing out what a fortune one could make with trainer battles.

I have one simple question for you: May you tell me, what you have bred so far and how it was going / where the main difficulties were? Thanks in advance.

Ok two things to say. Ev training on a pokemon i have worked with for a long time. Plus I want to train my poemon up before breeding so I would know their IVs. A side effect being EVs. I rarely catch a pokemon simply to breed it and usually only think about it a bit after I caught it.

And I will admit I have a personal reason to hate the system: I am way to freaking generous and give away alot of pokemon for free. There have been exceptions but its in my nature to do these things. So I feel a bit like I'm being attacked by this new system but then again numerous "rare" pokemon are sort of the problem.

I no longer hate the system and I see why it exists. I admit I am wrong and this system is an upgrade.

Team building gains you no money though. I look at it from a team builders prospective there. Not quite as profitable.

I said that the gain was not worth the money. I am not so certain on this statement anymore. I retract my argument.

Well that was alot more than two things. But I think the new system is probably for the best now *no clue how you guys keep getting such great pokemon though. Maybe my luck just isn't up to par*

Edited by loukenshrew

There's a 1/32 chance of having 31 in a stat.
Multiply by 6 for each stat, 6/32 or 3/16 or approximately 1/5 of the Pokemon you catch have a 31 iv stat.
I call bullshit on 4 boxes of Pokemon without a 31. There's no way, you're just looking for a way to whine about the new breeding.
And highest iv was 24? Yeah there's no way

While your answer is close to the truth, the actual chance of encountering a pokemon with at least one stat that is 31 IVs is:

1 - (31/32)6 = 0.1734

which is much closer to 1/6.

With regards to the original comment, the chance of having no pokemon with 31 IVs in any stat in 4 boxes is about ten quadrillion times less likely than encountering a shiny. The chance of having 4 boxes filled where no pokemon have a stat higher than 24 is so unlikely that you probably won't even recognize the word for it's unlikeliness. You are expected to need 184 catches to have enough pokemon to breed a 6x31 - only 92 catches is expected to breed a 5x31. And if you are content with stats less than 31, breeding becomes laughably easy. People complaining about the breeding system need to spend more time catching pokemon.

Edited by PandaJJ

There's a 1/32 chance of having 31 in a stat.
Multiply by 6 for each stat, 6/32 or 3/16 or approximately 1/5 of the Pokemon you catch have a 31 iv stat.
I call bullshit on 4 boxes of Pokemon without a 31. There's no way, you're just looking for a way to whine about the new breeding.
And highest iv was 24? Yeah there's no way

and i call bullshit on your calculations X'D

nah srsly ... that doesn't mean that every 6th pokemon has an iv of 31 its still random and you can encaunter 20 and none of them has a single 31 in it.
i like the new breeding system even tho its a bit too expensive... and i went back today into the safari zone ( its cheaper there to catch bugs ) and i caught 4 pokemon with 31 in sp.def and one with atk...
maybe i had just bad luck the past few days

While your answer is close to the truth, the actual chance of encountering a pokemon with at least one stat that is 31 IVs is:

1 - (31/32)6 = 0.1734

which is much closer to 1/6.

With regards to the original comment, the chance of having no pokemon with 31 IVs in any stat in 4 boxes is about ten quadrillion times less likely than encountering a shiny. The chance of having 4 boxes filled where no pokemon have a stat higher than 24 is so unlikely that you probably won't even recognize the word for it's unlikeliness. You are expected to need 184 catches to have enough pokemon to breed a 6x31 - only 92 catches is expected to breed a 5x31. And if you are content with stats less than 31, breeding becomes laughably easy. People complaining about the breeding system need to spend more time catching pokemon.

only 92 catches mhm sure in what kind of dream world are you living again?

it can happen that you won't catch a pokemon with a single 31 in the stat in more then 6 encounters .. its not a guarantee that every 6th pokemon has a single iv at 31 >.<

as mentioned above.. its just "bad" luck and it can happen to everyone sometime...

only 92 catches mhm sure in what kind of dream world are you living again?

it can happen that you won't catch a pokemon with a single 31 in the stat in more then 6 encounters .. its not a guarantee that every 6th pokemon has a single iv at 31 >.<

as mentioned above.. its just "bad" luck and it can happen to everyone sometime...

The dream world I'm living in is the same as yours, a.k.a. the real world, where everything is based on logic. I admit that I ignored the fact the you will catch pokemon with 31 IVs in the stat that you are not breeding for in my first calculation (it was just meant to give an indication anyways, because your statement about how bad pokemon you had cought was beyond rediculous). After re-calculating, the number of expected catches for 5x31 should be 109.

Of course it can happen that you don't catch any pokemon with a stat with 31 IVs, in 6 encounters. It can happen in 7, 8, 9, 10, 20, or even 30 encounters. However, It can also happen that every single pokemon you catch have 6x31 IVs - your argument does not really account for that. One thing that's not ever going to happen is you catching 240 pokemon where none of them have a stat of 31 IVs - the chance of that is incomprehendably small.

I should probably give up telling people about expected value, but will have one more try - the estimate of 109 pokemon is such that you will in most cases have to catch a number of pokemon very close to 109 - sometimes that number is 130, other times it's 90. However, it's never going to be 1.000s of pokemon, or whatever you are implying it will be.

Edited by PandaJJ

hahahaha wild sex, dies the father and the mother in labor to birth egg

can you see any logic in that? because I can not.

Logic? How can you try to put logic to this game? It has: Giant six finned whales breeding with leek wielding ducks to lay eggs, children allowed to run around the country alone, glass made out of ash, skyscrapers built with no automobiles, caves with ladders conveniently placed everywhere, this thing...honedge_by_xxmunchoxx-d6dnejp.png

Edited by Oluthon

Logic? How can you try to put logic to this game? It has: Giant six finned whales breeding with leek wielding ducks to lay eggs, children allowed to run around the country alone, glass made out of ash, skyscrapers built with no automobiles, caves with ladders conveniently placed everywhere, this thing...honedge_by_xxmunchoxx-d6dnejp.png

Don't forget about the whale that is lighter than air, the magikarp that can splash over an entire mountain, something about larvitar eating a whole moutain, and so much more :P

They give kids under 5 years of age electric mice capable of incapacitating African elephant *according to pokedex*. Unprotected electric fences stuffed in gyms. Muk. Oak says he spends his whole life studying pokemon but his dex is blank DANGIT OAK WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME!?!? *getting off-topic here*

So to make this relevant... I don't hate the new system now.

the new system is good for one think is getting new pokemon with good iv but with trading away the parent and i dont think so it good....., we dont need  the items we used for breed we only need the parent we traded they away

Edited by mohmeadc

I just started playing with my old character GhostFan from WAY long ago and I have to say... I hate the new breeding system, which is saying something since ive been playing pokemon since Red version was first released and GhostFan was apparently good enough to survive all the server purges for the last year or two.
Don't get me wrong, all the changes are good but when I have to sacrifice two pokemon I worked hard for and have gotten attached too for even one egg... that's when I have a problem. This needs to be fixed since that's pretty much makes breeding all about gambling, something I want no part in... which is sad since ive been breeding pokemon since gold version. Im a breeding GOD and I don't say that lightly, want a pokemon with and obscure egg move, hidden ability, or a certain amount of IVs? Im your go too guy. Want a specialized pokemon from scratch? Im your go too guy. Want to sacrifice all your pokemon for a risk that's not worth the effort? Nope, count me out... this sucks! :/

...don't even get me started on the whole "You can't make a thread" thing, that just made this all the worse since I had to flip through the entire forums to find a relevent thread! Why did I have to make a seperate forums acount when I already signed up a LONG time ago?

Edited by mike892

I just started playing with my old character GhostFan from WAY long ago and I have to say... I hate the new breeding system, which is saying something since ive been playing pokemon since Red version was first released and GhostFan was apparently good enough to survive all the server purges for the last year or two.
Don't get me wrong, all the changes are good but when I have to sacrifice two pokemon I worked hard for and have gotten attached too for even one egg... that's when I have a problem. This needs to be fixed since that's pretty much makes breeding all about gambling, something I want no part in... which is sad since ive been breeding pokemon since gold version. Im a breeding GOD and I don't say that lightly, want a pokemon with and obscure egg move, hidden ability, or a certain amount of IVs? Im your go too guy. Want a specialized pokemon from scratch? Im your go too guy. Want to sacrifice all your pokemon for a risk that's not worth the effort? Nope, count me out... this sucks! :/

...don't even get me started on the whole "You can't make a thread" thing, that just made this all the worse since I had to flip through the entire forums to find a relevent thread! Why did I have to make a seperate forums acount when I already signed up a LONG time ago?

The new breed isnt a gamble and you dont have to sacrifice ur pokes you have an attachment to jus catch new ones. If you really are the god you say you are this system should be right up ur ally since it takes more planning and less rng

The new breed isnt a gamble and you dont have to sacrifice ur pokes you have an attachment to jus catch new ones. If you really are the god you say you are this system should be right up ur ally since it takes more planning and less rng

I, like many others, have an attachment to ALL my pokemon... and no, this sytem is NOT 'up my ally' since ive nver had to sacrifice pokemon to breed in any pokemon game ive ever played.

The funny part is I was most likely the one that started a chain that led to the 'wonder trade ralts boom' back in X and Y due to excessing breeding... around 90000 eggs hatched and wonder traded while the only shinys I got were promtly wonder traded with the rest due to sucky stats :/

Edited by mike892

I came back to pokemmo after a long break, and have enjoyed every aspect of the new patch/breeding so far (after the brace price drops and gender choices). I didn't have any pre-made *godlies* to use, only wild caught pokes or buying a missing piece found for a fair price in trade. I've made all my money from npc paydaying, (There's a great guide on the forums for an easy 100k route) and Breeding 3x31 pokes , mainly hoenn ones that are in higher demand. 

The main thing I think people are missing is that you have to choose between breeding for profit, or personal use. Waiting to get lucky in the old breeding and selling off the rejects was much easier, causing many people to get upset they can no longer throw two pokemon into the daycare and make a profit regardless. I personally believe nothing worth having is easy, and old breeding was easy. Also speaking as someone who has started from scratch, the new breeding isn't as new user unfriendly as many of you seem to think. Time + Effort should always = reward, and that's exactly what the new breeding has done.

As for those of you saying, " Where's the logic in the new breeding system ?" This is a fantasy game filled with lightning shooting rats, floating rocks, magic starfish,  and a living puddle of toxic waste. I think we can let it go just one more time.

I came back to pokemmo after a long break, and have enjoyed every aspect of the new patch/breeding so far (after the brace price drops and gender choices). I didn't have any pre-made *godlies* to use, only wild caught pokes or buying a missing piece found for a fair price in trade. I've made all my money from npc paydaying, (There's a great guide on the forums for an easy 100k route) and Breeding 3x31 pokes , mainly hoenn ones that are in higher demand. 

The main thing I think people are missing is that you have to choose between breeding for profit, or personal use. Waiting to get lucky in the old breeding and selling off the rejects was much easier, causing many people to get upset they can no longer throw two pokemon into the daycare and make a profit regardless. I personally believe nothing worth having is easy, and old breeding was easy. Also speaking as someone who has started from scratch, the new breeding isn't as new user unfriendly as many of you seem to think. Time + Effort should always = reward, and that's exactly what the new breeding has done.

As for those of you saying, " Where's the logic in the new breeding system ?" This is a fantasy game filled with lightning shooting rats, floating rocks, magic starfish,  and a living puddle of toxic waste. I think we can let it go just one more time.

Nope, the logic is making pokemon into sacrificial lambs just to breed, even casually, is just dumb in general. Since im a casual breeder and like to experiment this is a major issue for me and apparently a bunch of other people if the poll is any indication :/

I guess we will be hearing people mad about the "sacrifice"/refinement process as long as there is new blood in the game. So I guess in a way it's a sign of new players which is a good thing. Basically the way it is set up now is for an MMO environment like our game. The breeding system before was good except for it allowed too much replication/copying of good pokemons.

It's really not that horrible, it's like final fantasy 8 and 9 where you used rares items to make a sword or something. If you find a pokemon you can't be bothered to let go, just keep it as a trophy and stare at it once a month for 5 seconds. That's what I do.

I guess we will be hearing people mad about the "sacrifice"/refinement process as long as there is new blood in the game. So I guess in a way it's a sign of new players which is a good thing. Basically the way it is set up now is for an MMO environment like our game. The breeding system before was good except for it allowed too much replication/copying of good pokemons.

It's really not that horrible, it's like final fantasy 8 and 9 where you used rares items to make a sword or something. If you find a pokemon you can't be bothered to let go, just keep it as a trophy and stare at it once a month for 5 seconds. That's what I do.

Sorry to tell you this but im not a new player... ive played the game in 2012 and 2013,loved it both times! I can tell you that the "replication/copying" you just stated was NOT a big issue... if anything it was better then the current breeding system for just that reason since there was linage and variations to certain pokemon floating around servers. I don't care if it's more 'mmo like' since it's pokemon! It's not suppose to be boringly grindy for anything but training them up levels, Evs, and hatching eggs! I don't get how anyone can be happy with the current sacrifice system, even if they are the minority of the players since the general whole seems to hate the idea... that's saying something right there. Shoot, from the details ive read on the 'character purges' and the criteria for your character to meet to prevent deletion... im apparently one of the 'vetran pros' since my character has been around since 2012 AND has evaded all the purges by meeting every criteria but the 6 month rule. I can tell you what changes were good and what ones weren't throughout the pokemmo history... and this one is definatly not on the good list, pretty much every player on the server calls the sacrifice system "Bull Crap" using the tarous icon thingy... gotta admit, that was funny xD

Edited by mike892

Any strategy to follow on breeding a 5x31 or 6x31? Im a bit lost on having only one outcome.

If you really want 5x31 or 6x31, you should take a look at this guide:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/49440-the-new-breeding-guide/

If you think that's a waste of time, you can take a look at this (NOT for 5x31 pokemon):

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/51028-list-of-easy-to-catch-pokemon-from-different-egg-groups-and-their-locations/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.