Breeding - New System

LordStifler

Breeding  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What breeding system do you prefer?

• The current without having to kill parents
    • The above
    • The current

And how it works?

From the Changelog (13/01/2015):

Breeding / Daycare

• Parents are now traded away to the Breeding Man NPC when trainers want their child.
  • IV inheritance has been rebalanced; 3/6 IVs will be directly passed to the child from either parent. 3/6 IVs will be averaged from the parents' stats. These are decided randomly unless a consumable held item is given to either parent.
  • Everstone inheritance has been rebalanced; Everstones are now consumed when players trade the parents to the NPC. There is now a 100% chance to pass the nature of a parent if they are holding an Everstone. If both parents are holding an Everstone, this chance is 50% of either parent's.
  • Ability inheritance has been rebalanced; If there are multiple possible abilities for the child's species, the Mother will have an 80% chance to pass their Ability to their child. An item has been introduced which will allow players to change the active ability of a species and is available in certain shops located near breeding NPCs.
  • Certain held items have been added in order to assist with IV passing. When trainers give a Brace to a parent and then trade the parent to the NPC for breeding, this Brace will decide which IV of the parent's has a 100% chance of passing. These items are consumable and purchasable in certain shops located near breeding NPCs.
  • Eggs will now automatically hatch after a period of time, based on the species of the egg. Rarer species will take longer to hatch than others.
  • Egg Scientist of Cinnabar has been removed.
  • Daycares only function in the trainer's active region.

Congratulations to staff the implementation of the emerald, the physical and special split and stuff, but I disagree with the breeding. many people had good pokemon ready for the occasion, but a lot of people starting now. in my view will be very difficult to put together a competitive team, the bracers help much. just do not agree with the idea or kill parents, is without logic.

Congratulations to staff the implementation of the emerald, the physical and special split and stuff, but I disagree with the breeding. many people had good pokemon ready for the occasion, but a lot of people starting now. in my view will be very difficult to put together a competitive team, the bracers help much. just do not agree with the idea or kill parents, is without logic.

it is a sacrifice to have a system close to a standard MMO concept.

I have lots of 4x31 eevees and 5x31 eevees. It's taken me like 3m+ (if sold individually) to make a 1.5m+ baby, I wouldn't profit. So I'd increase it, my baby, to like an overpriced 4m, if I wanted to sell. This new breeding has promoted competitive gameplay. And is too focused on that, when there should be a balance between, breeding, breeding for fun, breeding to earn cash, and competitive gameplay

I think we already have discussed the new breeding at great length even before it was implemented.
In my eyes, the short period of time that we now have access to the new breeding doesn't justify a new thread to discuss it.
Give it more time (maybe a whole month if you are able) to see how things turn out.

Actually try to breed some nice pokémon, hope for the prices of braces to drop, see how people do once they have used the 'leftover' 3*31+ they had from before the update... et cetera, before you form your final opinion.

And if it is really such a pain for you to even think about the new breeding, than just skip it completely for the moment.
Enjoy all the new content that you are currently spoiled with. ... [spoiler]gee[/spoiler]

Edited by Colouring

I just checked around on a server and I asked how everyone felt about the system. Everyone hates it.

Here the reason I think people dislike it so much

Effort + reward = value

With the new system in place in place Effort goes up (time and focus) to get a pokemon to breed with high IV's then of course you have to train it. However to get a really good pokemon since both are lost in breeding process if the resulting child has a bad nature or ability you essentialy waisted time and effort. Reward goes down because it is more expensive to breed a proper pokemon meaning you have to sell it at a higher price meaning less buyers. It is difficult to get pokemon with all desirable traits which would be the only ones people bat an eye at. Value in the system as a whole goes down because it is harder to make a decent pokemon for sale as it takes many attempts to breed one properly. Also hurting trainers who do not bother with selling on the market as it is harder to breed decent IV's into pokemon they will actually be using and buying decent pokemon will be made more difficult by sales prices going too high.

The argument being before hand it may have been too easy to get a perfect pokemon I have heard it before. So its more of a lesser of two evils argument now.

I read on another post this new system focuses on refinement which made me face-palm. Like I said if your pokemon gets an unfortunate ability or nature then SUCKS TO BE YOU you just lost two good pokemon for one bad one. NICE REFINEMENT THERE! I might be coming of as a little aggressive here but that is pretty much what this looks like. You could use an Everstone to guarantee a nature. But that is more money invested and again there is a chance your ability is gonna suck.

(attempting to be funny) ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS REVIVE THE FAR,FETCHED RACE! Well you trade them off not kill them... then again they supposedly taste good with onion and you never get them back and they are never shown again... KEEP THAT MAN AWAY FROM MY POKEMON *threatening with stick*

Edited by loukenshrew

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.