not uber legendaries implementation

felix

Question

This is a suggestion for implementation of the legendary trio that is not considered uber (mexican birds, the dogs commanded by a bird and the golems, keep your fucking uber out of this thread, I appreciate.)

The idea is to make any GM able to start this hunting quest.

NoadHunter will start a Zapdos quest and the system announcement/tv will be like:

"Some people are reporting they saw a wild Zapdos somewhere near Power Plant in Kanto."

format: "Some people are reporting they saw a wild {{pokemon}} somewhere near {{location}} in {{region}}."

That means, only one Zapdos will be found with a low encounter rate, like the dogs in the Heart Gold game, each time some player hits it, the damage stays.

The hunt can end in three ways: Zapdos is killed by someone, Zapdos is caught, the hunt is over (a week-long hunting maybe)

The legendary must have competitive nature and ivs (not saying 31s, but something between 22-31 overall)

This way the GMs could manage the rarity of those pokes, spawning the hunting quest as they want.

I would think that the council members should have a vote (privately ofc), choosing which legendary will be released, according to what they may think would be healthy for the meta.

13 answers to this question

i think my ideas of how to implement these legendaries also needed a spot in this thread...

Staff has long time ago annonced that some legendaries which was uber would be implementet like mewtwo uncatchable and some which would fit into the tiers(prob only ou) would be catchable someday longtime in the feature, i just got some ideas about how these legendaries which is catchable would be perfect implementet for me.

- First of all i think they should be implementet in a dungeon.

- I think either this should be one dungeon for all legendaries and when you finished it you met a random of these legendaries in the end. Or if you would want to throw alot more work into it, there could be a dungeon for each legendary so you could choose which one u would hunt for everytime. There could also be some dungeons shared like an ice dungeon for suicune, Regice and Articuno.

- There should not be any entry fee for these dungeons, because of legendary dungeons is not a tourist attaction which some people own and earn on... but there shouldn't neither be any heal npc in the dungeon which means people would be forced to use bag items during their trip in the dungeon which was the money sink there, this would also be a way to reward good players who would use less bag items in there.

- There should be 24 hour coulddown on entry to the dungeon so some people not just could farm legendaries all day long (yea i know alts exist but I don't see any GOOD solutions to avoid people useing thier alts for more tours daily)

- The dungeon should work like u need to fight like 8-10 NPC to reach the legendary.

- The severity of the dungeon should be something like trainer tower i think, but it would be kinda cool i my eyes (i know alot of people would hate this) if the dungeon never was level scaled but it was level 100 for sure and by that reason was the legendary level 100 too for sure(this wouldn't work in the original games because of you need to level them for ev train them... but in pokemmo we can ev train without leveling so it works here ^^)

all this would make the dungeons hard so people needed to put some effort into getting legendaries and a comp legendary pokemon would be very valueable which they should be for sure, but they would also be possible to get. + this is 100 times funnier than grind in a cave for hours for finding a legendary with 0,0001% encounter rate, and better than a system where you only could get each legendary once...

EDIT: 

and legendaries should ofc be tradeable  ;)

i think my ideas of how to implement these legendaries also needed a spot in this thread...

the problem i see with putting those legendaries on dungeons is that they become farmable, you have 24 hour cooldown, you still can go there once in a day, that means you can have 30 of them in 30 days. My Spawn idea could be used in some dungeon as well, but the hunt type event will make ppl move around and search of it.

the problem i see with putting those legendaries on dungeons is that they become farmable, you have 24 hour cooldown, you still can go there once in a day, that means you can have 30 of them in 30 days. My Spawn idea could be used in some dungeon as well, but the hunt type event will make ppl move around and search of it.

but if you only can meet one RANDOM daily, and there is nothing which assures you to catch one in every run... if we maybe said bag items isn't useable in battle against them and they are level 100 i don't think anybody would be able to catch the legendary in every run, + they would need to complete the dungeon first, also i think legendaries should have completely random nature + iv's and not comp builds as you suggested

I sadly don't agree with Felix's suggestions of how the non-uber legendaries could be implemented (where are Jirachi and Celebi)!? It's my belief that the main problem here is not when they are implemented, but how. This dilemma has no easy solution as far as I can see, but one thing I do know is that they will need to be accessible to EVERYONE and have around the same competitive potential for each individual player who receives one so that nobody gains an unfair advantage. Again, if I could think of a perfect solution for properly introducing the non-uber legendaries then I would certainly share, but at this current point in time all reasonable solutions escape me.

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed reference to removed content

You cant give some people Zapdos and some people not. If a competitive Legendary is available to one person to use it should available to everyone or it can give those few lucky players an unfair advantage in comp play. 

Legendaries MMO style does not go at all with a healthier metagame so I guess devs will have to choose which side they take. Regardless if Legendaries would be obtained in the way you suggested, I think I would vouch to ban those Legendaries from comp play. Just because a system like this is luck based and not everyone will have acces to one whwn they want.

legendary thread 2.0? 3.0? what are we on now?

if I'm not mistaken there was no discussion about non uber legendaries so far, i even searched before posting, mostly of this threads end up with useless comments like yours, that doesn't help nor give any insight about the subject, just fill comments and allows more offtopic useless comments to come after.

On Topic:

@Jonaz: well, using random legendaries in caves may work, I though it was a fixed legendary in some fixed cave.

@Kiliminati and @ThinkNice:

I don't disagree with any of you, I think they will prob give some advantage, I used Zapdos as it being the strongest and probably the mostly game change of them. But we still have for instance Articuno and Moltres that are not that game change, prob will be underused and mostly will not give that advantage to the player who has it. The idea of the hunt could be changed for having more than just one legendary in some place, you put like a 1% encounter and everyone could found it, but then I think the competitive ivs option must be dropped.

Not sure how this is funny. Non-uber legendary pokemon served a very important role in the advanced OU metagame, and would only further increase the diversity of PokeMMO's unique meta if implemented. Then again, one could make the argument that baton pass also molded advanced OU in its own unique way as well, but to avoid conflict I won't address that (at least not right now, hue).
Even with this being said, I sadly don't agree with Felix's suggestions of how the non-uber legendaries could be implemented (where are Jirachi and Celebi)!? It's my belief that the main problem here is not when they are implemented, but how. This dilemma has no easy solution as far as I can see, but one thing I do know is that they will need to be accessible to EVERYONE and have around the same competitive potential for each individual player who receives one so that nobody gains an unfair advantage. Again, if I could think of a perfect solution for properly introducing the non-uber legendaries then I would certainly share, but at this current point in time all reasonable solutions escape me.

Yeah legendaries are pretty useful in adv but that's a common idea this guy didn't come up with. I'm lmao at his idea of distribution. Why don't we let gms hand out legendaries to people who they choose? Fucking brilliant right? Then will limit it so just a few people will dominate the comp scene

Yeah legendaries are pretty useful in adv but that's a common idea this guy didn't come up with. I'm lmao at his idea of distribution. Why don't we let gms hand out legendaries to people who they choose? Fucking brilliant right? Then will limit it so just a few people will dominate the comp scene

My apologies for the misinterpretation then =)

And yeah, unless it's fair for each individual player, non-uber legendaries will never be implemented and allowed in competitive play- end of discussion. Edited by Kiliminati

I don't care how they are implemented but I think when you catch a zapdos, if you already have one, it should be released. So you can not have more than one zapdos. (This promotes trading so if someone has a good timid sweeper zapdos they can trade it for a good defensive calm/bold one, or another legendary or tons of cash)

I don't agree with this. As much as I would love to be able to catch some of my favorite legendaries, the way you are suggesting makes an unbalance between players. Players that are able to claim the legendary from the event then have an advantage over the ones who did. Like some of the others have said, it would have to be open to everyone to have that said legendary not just one individual. In a way it's kind of like the whole new breeding system and special/physical split. In that case it was to try to even the playing field between newer and older members and to allow newer members to have more of a chance when stepping into the comp sense. If everyone is unable to obtain the legendary then there becomes a new imbalance of legendary users and non-legendary users