The Art of Swift EV Training :The Devil's Guide to EVing (Hoenn and Kanto spots included)

I'm to lazy to read all of this so i will drop the point only once: Route 114 next to Fossil Maniac house, there is a water where marill/azumarill rate is like 80% and the rest is Masquarian and golden

If you read the specifics regarding HP, I've noted that Marill/Azumarill is always available at every spot where there is lake water. The spots listed either have the most reliable rates or are near healing spots. 

Scorched Slab has 100% golbat encounterrate while biking should be a good place for speed ;)

It's a good place, I guess. Noted, and will update later.

just for information. you don't needa  cable car cycle to get to magma hideou if you grab an acro bike you can hop over the rocks so you can avoid the car

There's that option too, yes, but for EVing Mach is usually the preffered choice for higher encounter rates. Thanks for the note, though.

The Devil's guide to NPC EVing is complete. My apologies for a few blurry pictures, and I'm open to critiques or anything else I've missed. I will fix the screenshots when I have the time to. As Hoenn rematches are introduced, the guide will be updated again. 

Miss Kitty GM, I'll need a bit of extra space for Multiple EV Training. Otherwise, the guide can be published, I guess. 

Edited by YagamiNoir
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this.

Just sharing some info to train same IV for 2pokemon with Macho Brace + Exp. Share:

Poke A will start with MB

Poke B will start with ES

Train untill A IV = 126, B will be 63. Now give Macho Brace to B and Exp Share to A, and battle with B of course. Now train untill B is 221, A will be 205 (they will get equal at 189 but that doesnt matter). Now switch itens again and train till A is 251, B will be 244, then finish. 

The values will not always be exact, as sometimes you are 125 and go to 128... But this wont impact that much in the end, it is still the most optimal way for duo training.

Guide edited slightly; Added Golbat on the Speed section and removed Special Attack from the NPC section. Also added clarification on the Magma Hideout Spot. 

I went to 5 island to ev my charmeleon, but one of the 2 ladies completely screwed my ev spread  :(

You might want to check the npc's once more, they may have changed some more.

[spoiler]Refunds pl0x[/spoiler]

I went to 5 island to ev my charmeleon, but one of the 2 ladies completely screwed my ev spread  :(

You might want to check the npc's once more, they may have changed some more.

[spoiler]Refunds pl0x[/spoiler]

I could care less, it's your loss. Not srs.

Those two have changed. The Smeargle trainers still have four Smeargles. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...