Is "Shiny Breeding" bad for the economy? (Possible Solution Added)

JoshLindsay10

I'm of the opinion that this change is bad for the market and should be scrapped as no real thought went into the impact it could have on the market and as far as im aware only 1 staff member was in favor of this

I imagine one of the reason the devs implemented this was so they could equalize the shiny families, but what i see happening is as soon as this gets implemented all people with evolved shinies will gain in wealth as its more than likely that the evo's value will rise so its level with the pre evo (No one will be willing to take a loss IMO) 

Examples of profits that can be made with breeding with a male common 

• Starters
  • Eeveelutions
  • Shinies with a large gap between evos like Ursa and Teddi
  • Shinies like Rapidash and Starmie
  • Any evo with a difference of 5m is an easy profit

The biggest problem with this change is going to be the difference in value between females and males shinies, Females will be much more desired than males shinies causing massive price difference between genders and effectively making males shinies undesired and far less valuable than they once were

Also in result of this the desire of male commons will skyrocket causing female commons to become basically worthless. and in opposition to that shiny ditto's value will also skyrocket so people can breed males

This change will effective make the gap between the rich and poor even wider making it more difficult for new players to trade shinies as only the rich will be able to afford the best shiny breeders to make the shiny comps and shiny comps are a hell of a lot more expensive than normal shinies which underlines the massive profits from the already rich compared to the poor who cannot necessarily afford to make comp shinies

The idea was good, the implications are bad for the market IMO and make things harder to sell even a market this is already very difficult to trade in 

It would be cool to hear what others think of this

[Spoiler] To those who think im posting because it will effect my wealth, thats not correct i can make a shiny comp doom and ttar with what i have which would actually increase my wealth [/Spoiler]

Edited by JoshLindsay10

Well, there's not much I can write except for the "I agree with your post".

as far as im aware only 1 staff member was in favor of this

Lol Darkshade dictator .-D Either way, this is really, really bad, when rest of staff and a huge part of community says they don't want something, and one person decides to implement it. Kinda malicious if you ask me

comp players dont care about breeding, breeders care about breeding

We do care about breeding because how else will we get our comps?

But this is totally diffrent topic, let's stay on the one about shinies

EDIT:

Most comp players i knw breed their own comps

Yup. Around 80% of the comps I got are made/ caught by myself

EDIT2:

Noad:

NINJA'D

Edited by RysPicz

comp players dont care about breeding, breeders care about breeding

Of course competitive players care about breeding, without breeding there would be no comps for them to use.

That aside everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of if they are a shiny trader, breeder, comp player. So instead of judging someone's argument based off of that you should do it based off of the points that they make, so let's keep this on topic please. 

Of course competitive players care about breeding, without breeding there would be no comps for them to use.

Well, I mean, there would be.  We did have tournaments and pvp and things before breeding.  But twofist is still wrong

We do care about breeding because how else will we get our comps?

buying

how did we play comp before breeding i wonder

only comp players who care about breeding are the ones that breed

@crueldeath below this post, a buyer doesnt give a shit on how you got it

Edited by twofist

how did we play comp before breeding i wonder

9e778d2e574046eeb9033ee64c1ceb11.png

28351190ddc5092dac2325d54b0d0287.png

This is how we used to play and how we play now. As a comp player I totally do care about IVs on my comps so I won't have a huge disadvantage using the first weezing, when facing opponet who has the second one.

E:

I just wanted to point out you cannot compare those 2 entirely diffrent periods of PokeMMO's lifetime

Back into topic:

Honestly, I'm entirely unbiased about that shiny thingy, I'm not a shiny trader, my OTs will never be sold. But come on, JoshL is one of the most well known shiny traders on the server- if a person like himself has something to say about shinies, it would be wise to listen to him. I'm convinced by the arguments he posted about not implementing the shiny breeding, it doesn't bother me, but in the long run it seems to be harmful to the shiny-trading community, so I'm against it as well.

Edited by NoadHunter
Edited out removed post

Parents are consumed... what does it matter? I don't think a shiny being comp increases the value as much as it used to (and if ppl use this frequently then it won't be worth as much anyway, it could become standard) and by making one you're reducing the number of shinys on the server in general - which is good imo haha. ALSO it would be cool to see more shinys in comp, that always got me real excited iykwIm. 

Anywho, make a couple shinys obtainable in a quest and you've got a neat MMO. Yes, it would decrease their value but that is fine since there only needs to be a new quest released occasionally ~

Back into topic:

Honestly, I'm entirely unbiased about that shiny thingy, I'm not a shiny trader, my OTs will never be sold. But come on, JoshL is one of the most well known shiny traders on the server- if a person like himself has something to say about shinies, it would be wise to listen to him. I'm convinced by the arguments he posted about not implementing the shiny breeding, it doesn't bother me, but in the long run it seems to be harmful to the shiny-trading community, so I'm against it as well.

just because 1 person feels different about it doesnt mean they should listen to him

people dont like change and only way to see what will happen is to implement it

and fuck you for removing my post before i was done editing

and fuck you for editing it too

Edited by twofist
Edited out off topic content