Shiny gender changer

LionKIng

Question

The main reason im suggesting this is because the new shiny breeding mechanis will ruin the shiny market to a point where it would be really unfair to ALOT of people

ok lets get started, male commons like pidgey , ratata and digglet will see an increase in value , due to the fact that they are tons of them around and they can be used to breed a high tier female shiny into your OWN OT

where as high tier shinies like ninetales for exemple, females will be worth more then males due to the fact that you can make your own shiny with it, yes people may say their are shiny dittos around for the male but the fact is their is way more common ratatas around then their is dittos, also ditto's value will increase ALOT for that reason. Now , female tales will be worth lets say 20m+ then its original worth , becaue people will want to pay that extra 20m to get their OWN OT shiny and male shinies will be unwanted and therefore drop in value

at this point it doesnt really matter beccause it would still be worth it to pay a shiny ditto even if they are rare to transform a male into a OT shiny but for the 10-40m value shinies this will kill their value very much , a male cloyster will drop value by alot where as a female cloyster that can breed with a shiny male tenta will increase in value

The point im trying to get to is, male commons will increase value alot and female commons will decrease alot too, where as female higher tier shinies will be worth way more then males

The simple gender changer for SHINIES ONLY, at a certain cost in yen, would make both female and male shiny , like it is right now, stay at the same value, because lets be real here, why should gender change the cost on a shiny? thats rather sexist if you ask me. This gender changer would resolve this issue

The other solution would be that the female shiny no matter with what it breeds ( male shinies with ditto ) give a baby shiny , we aint gaining no more shinies, the only thing we are gaining is potentially a shiny comp , wich I think is a great thing. Most comp player don't really own shinies because they are kinda useless and they prefer having more comps then a shiny , this would promote the shinies to be enjoyable for everyone.

Edited by LionKIng

16 answers to this question

How about we will just suggest a machine that would turn any pokemon into shiny? You know, shiny traders would riot a lot, but if that dumb suggestion of shinys breeding shinys passed, then this one maybe will pass too?

I don't see how transforming 2 shinies into your own OT a bad thing seriously? or even 1 for 1 , its just making it your own OT instead of that random that quit 5 years ago, after all you worked and paid that shiny why couldnt it be your own property and your own OT? 

Edited by LionKIng

Things that will happen just because of this "Small Change"

• People will make huge profits from Evo'd shinies straight away
  • Diito will massively inflate
  • Males commons rise
  • Females shinies will be much more valuable than males shinies
  • No desire to own any males shinies because they will have to pay out there arse to get a ditto to breed against it

Rich will get Richer instantly

The idea was good, the implications are bad for the market and make things harder to sell even a market this is already very difficult to trade in 

Things that will happen just because of this "Small Change"

• People will make huge profits from Evo'd shinies straight away
  • Diito will massively inflate
  • Males commons rise
  • Females shinies will be much more valuable than males shinies
  • No desire to own any males shinies because they will have to pay out there arse to get a ditto to breed against it
Rich will get Richer instantly

The idea was good, the implications are bad for the market and make things harder to sell even a market this is already very difficult to trade in

I think the last point should only be mentioned for evolved Male ugly shinies

Still OT, hue

Getting a OT from the wild or with breeding without the 100% chance of getting the shiny gives sentimental value , Imo shinies obtained that way are more valuable

While when you are doing this , you know u WILL get the shiny , i do not see how getting a OT like that is an achievement

Nowadays , ppl are like "Yay i have (N) OT shiny/shinies" <-- Big achievement
After that breeding shiny system implemented , when you say you have a OT shiny people will be like "Meh" 

If its not a big achievement why do people hunt for OT shinies , lol

because they want money? because they have nothing else to do? because like Draekyn said, they want their name on a shiny. Or simply because they want a shiny and can't afford buying one?

Wouldnt the breeding changes just make it less awesome to own an OT shiny? What i see eventually happening is that people just wont care about you having an OT shiny that has been bred after this update bc you prolly just bred it that way. The point of an OT shiny is that you got really really lucky while in the grass or while breeding and found a shiny that you can now show off. It wont be as special after you can just buy a cheap rat and breed ur OT on it.

[spoiler]

My shiny ratta raises in value tho. GG everyone else

[/spoiler]