Instant PokéFusion instead of New Breeding

Colouring

Question

Premise: This suggestion concerns the new breeding system as implemented with the update of 13th January 2015. See this thread for information concerning the new system.

Suggestion:
Make the offspring of pokémon recreation (in this case synonym for Fusion / New Breeding) instantly available to the player, putting the (baby) pokémon in the players party without detour via an egg.

Reason:

This is an effort to implement the planned pokémon recreation system more naturally* into the world of Pokémon with several advantages that I see compared to the original way of recreation (= breeding via daycare).

*[spoiler]Just a sidenote in case anybody would have pointed out that for some species (irl), it is actually natural that one parent (for example the male of certain insects) is consumed during the recreation process: This obviously does not apply for species with only one offspring and therefor shouldn't be applied here either.[/spoiler]

Way of implementation:

Once the player has finished the Pokémon League (in either region), he will be able to speak with Bill in his House on Route 25, Kanto to learn that Bill has further developed his teleport technology.
Bill is now able to merge two pokémon into one, offering this service to the player (maybe after a short questline comparable to the quests that Celio offers on the islands).
The player may then hand over two compatible pokémon to Bill who will merge these two into one, returning the fused pokémon to the player.

UEcwKEd.jpg?1

Benefits:

• the character of the new breeding system actually appears like that of a scientific experiment (concerning the "consumption" of parents and the directly controlled inheritance of characteristics) and thus a more scientific environment feels rather adequate to me than the daycare

• this system would implement the (for the new system) crucial pokémon sink while giving (imo) a more plausible explanation to the "whereabouts" of the two "parents"; Bills house and the former "sidequest" (during which he was himself merged with a pokémon) would also make it fit lorewise

• breeding/hatching does not seem to be needed anymore (due to the new sink) to delay pokémon recreation and could therefor be removed

• that means there is also no need to carry 5 eggs around

• the changed place for pokémon recreation is also a safety net for less attentive players who aren't aware of the new breeding and risk to involuntarily loose two pokémon in daycare when they want to collect their next egg

• for anybody that feels discomfort with the idea of two of his pkmn getting "deleted" by recreation, an actual fusion might be more comforting (though this doesn't change the outcome, the recreation might appear more "peaceful" this way and thus make it more enjoyable for the player as he could imagine that the two original pokémon continue to exist as one :3 )

[spoiler]xQW1XTf.jpg?2[/spoiler]

• This way of implementation could also be used to make pokémon recreation be accessible at the same time no matter if a player started in Kanto or in Hoenn

Supplements:

• the PC in Bills home should give access to the pokémon storage system

• with this system, the fusion of genderless pokémon is plausible and should be made possible as well as this just seems to be fair

• Logically, it would not perfectly fit that the "offspring" of the fusion of one male and one female would be either male or female. A solution for this could be, that only pokémon of the same gender could be fused (the result being one pokémon of this gender). This would furthermore allow "recreation/fusion" of pokémon that only have one gender without the help of a Ditto (which would also be fair imo).

Please let me know if I should rephrase anything – I tried to explain the idea as good as I could.

Thanks for any suggestions to refine the overall concept.

Edited by Colouring
Merged

11 answers to this question

Nice idea, but the concept of losing a pokemon to create a new one. The concept of breeder pokemon would be removed, and that wouldn't be popular. When fusing it helps to create a single pokemon, but it takes an equal effort to create the next one. I'm probably not that clear with my explanation.

Building on your idea of pokefusions, I think when doing pokefusions you can make pokemon combination things so join a spearow to a pidgey to create a pidgrow which possesses the amazing qualities of a pidgey but additional moves such as drill peck and an altered appearance. Joining a pidgey to a spearow would create a speargey that would possess the crappy qualities of a spearow but the sex appeal of a pidgey. We could stick with pokemon in the same egg group or be more adventurous and create pokemon such as pidgeysaurus, the pidgey-tyranitar. It would have a completely new impact on the metalgame, if you think this should be put on a separate suggestion then I shall expand.

[spoiler]srsly tho ur devs pls brong pidgeysaursu into gaem itherwise ill cry[/spoiler]

Nice idea, but the concept of losing a pokemon to create a new one. The concept of breeder pokemon would be removed, and that wouldn't be popular. When fusing it helps to create a single pokemon, but it takes an equal effort to create the next one. I'm probably not that clear with my explanation.

I dunno how serious you were ;), but I might still clarify that the concept presented here only attempts to introduce the new breeding system more "seamlessly" into the existing PokeMMO environment once it is ready to go live.

Edit: Modified the title slightly to disambiguate

Edited by Colouring

I dunno how serious you were ;), but I might still clarify that the concept presented here only attempts to introduce the new breeding system more "seamlessly" into the existing PokeMMO environment once it is ready to go live.

Edit: Modified the title slightly to disambiguate

I am always serious usually

this aint Yu-Gi-Oh

Building on your idea of pokefusions, I think when doing pokefusions you can make pokemon combination things so join a spearow to a pidgey to create a pidgrow which possesses the amazing qualities of a pidgey but additional moves such as drill peck and an altered appearance. Joining a pidgey to a spearow would create a speargey that would possess the crappy qualities of a spearow but the sex appeal of a pidgey. We could stick with pokemon in the same egg group or be more adventurous and create pokemon such as pidgeysaurus, the pidgey-tyranitar. It would have a completely new impact on the metalgame, if you think this should be put on a separate suggestion then I shall expand.

This is neither Yu-hi-oh, nor Digimon and I am not supporting the idea to altering the original content to enable combinations - as fascinating as this might seem to some...
Pidgeysaurus, you might suggest to the creators of a certain fun site - that I think most of us know -  that they might add Gen 2 to the list of pokémon available for fusion, so you could get your beloved Pidgeysaurus that way :P
[spoiler]For anybody who does not know the site yet, it's: http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/[/spoiler]

I would still like to see this happening for genderless "breeding", by combining two genderless Pokémon with the help of Bill and thus applying the same principle of our breeding mechanics to only male or genderless Pokémon as well.
I believe breeding those does not need to be made more difficult than breeding other species.

Since this suggestion was made, more "safety checks" were implemented to ensure players are aware that they are sacrificing the two parents.
I left the original suggestion unchanged, but I believe " the changed place for pokémon recreation is also a safety net for less attentive players who aren't aware of the new breeding and risk to involuntarily loose two pokémon in daycare when they want to collect their next egg " is no longer as important, as it has been taken care of. 

Thanks for that.

If the devs want us to be able to create the highest quality genderless pokemon, then I believe this is the best idea out there; however it should be unique to ditto, and ditto alone.

I do not believe that a magnemite should be able to fuse with another magnemite, and then another (because then, logically, you would have a magneton, not another magnemite).

But yeah, if we are going to do this, then this is the way to do it.