[IPS] Ikarus' Lost Property (Kanto Graphics Patch) updated 6.9.2015

Small Update

Download Ikarus' Graphics Patch v2.1

Download Ikarus Found her Moemon v2.1-1.4

• Vermillion City tiles became glitched with the new update. These were fixed - the planks are a slightly darker color due to the necessity of using certain palettes (other palettes wouldn't work with PokeMMO client)
  • Various tile errors fixed
  • With the new update, I had to move around several tiles. As a result, additional tile errors may have occured.
    Please comment if there are any tile errors!

Note: I updated the Ikarus Found her Moemon patch to include the girl trainer, again. Sorry if you downloaded too early!

Edited by Ikarus

Bug report:

I've noticed that with "Ikarus found her Moemon v2.0-1.4", I couldn't access the entrance to Mt. Moon. First I thought this may be an patching error because I also used the 386 patch at that time. So I repatched that version on a clean Fire Red (U) rom as well for testing purposes... only to find that I still couldn't enter Mt. Moon. I ran the test on Visual Boy Advance M and MyBoy.

I plan to test the new update as well this evening and report back.

Edit:

I'm back to report that the bug described above is sadly also present in the new update when patched on a clean Fire Red (U) rom.  :(

Edited by Kamigoroshi

Bug report:

I've noticed that with "Ikarus found her Moemon v2.0-1.4", I couldn't access the entrance to Mt. Moon. First I thought this may be an patching error because I also used the 386 patch at that time. So I repatched that version on a clean Fire Red (U) rom as well for testing purposes... only to find that I still couldn't enter Mt. Moon. I ran the test on Visual Boy Advance M and MyBoy.

I plan to test the new update as well this evening and report back.

Edit:

I'm back to report that the bug described above is sadly also present in the new update when patched on a clean Fire Red (U) rom.  :(

Thanks for the help! I'll check it out when I get home.

Are you sure it isn't just server lag though? I find that sometimes when I enter caves, the server lags a little and I'm left in the dark for a few seconds, having to continuously push the "up arrow" to refresh the game. If you have Lu-Ho's Advanced map, you could always navigate to the tile in question and check its behavior byte. It should be 69, if my memory serves me right. If it isn't, you can just change it to 69, hit save, and then use that same rom for PokeMMO. It should then work.

In the future, anytime the game suddenly turns black via a warp or something similar, you can always just mash the directional buttons, and you should technically be able to escape. This applies to tile movement errors (i.e invisible blocks) as well.

Also, the newest updates are supposedly the most stable and correct version. Once uploaded, I always download the .ips myself, apply it to a clean FR rom, and run it through PokeMMO and A-map to make sure nothing crucial was messed up.

Nevertheless, I'll check it out when I get home and release an update if it's an error on my end.

Thanks again!

Edited by Ikarus
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2dryvcl.png

Thanks Hassan. I'll see to edit that if I ever get the chance. You can do it yourself if you're familiar with Advanced Map. Literally find the block and change behavior to 20 (which stands for "both layers that make up the block are to be underneath the player"). Takes no more than 5 seconds lol.

@CyrusZathen: Google "ips patch checker" and download the tool to check whether multiple IPS patches are compatible with one another. The only reason patches are not compatible is because the location of the patches within the roms are overlapping. If you change the pointers and move data around using a Hex editor, all the patches could be made compatible. What additional patches (barring this graphics patch and Moemon) are you using?

Edited by Ikarus

I really like this patch. I downloaded it a few days ago, and barring the occasional minor bug (Which in all honesty might just be my eyes, I am a extreme nit-picker for these things) I really like it. It definitely makes the game look really cool. So Kudos to you for making this.

Any idea when you may get around to hoenn? It'd be nice to see that one day.

Bug Report: No Overworld layout for Magicarp-tan in "Ikarus found her Moemon" (only standard female trainer)

Ikarus patch does not include Magikarp-tan. PokeMMO uses custom overworlds, so changing the overworld will not show up in PokeMMO. I've been thinking about adding it, but only if the magikarp-tan overworld does not mess up anything else.

Check out Bond Bridge, completely bugged out.

Thanks! I looked into it, and it's just a movement behavior issue. If you have Advanced Map, go to the location of Bond Bridge and change the move permissions on top of the bridge from 4 (surf-able) to 0 (walk-able). It will be fixed in next update, but for now, you should be able to just surf over the bridge…lol

I really like this patch. I downloaded it a few days ago, and barring the occasional minor bug (Which in all honesty might just be my eyes, I am a extreme nit-picker for these things) I really like it. It definitely makes the game look really cool. So Kudos to you for making this.

Any idea when you may get around to hoenn? It'd be nice to see that one day.

Thanks! I honestly tried to make a patch for Hoenn, but I strongly dislike it for several reasons:
1. I do not like the art style for Hoenn. The perspective is weird to me, overworlds look unpleasing, and the buildings/trees are just ugly imho.

2. Slightly different map tiling. Each map in Pokemon GBA roms are made of 2 tilesets. FireRed has 1 large + 1 small tileset for each map (larger for general tiles like mountains/trees/PC/Mart and smaller for specific tiles like cities/islands). Emerald uses 2 medium sized tilesets. This hinders my ability to cram a lot of mountains/trees/PC/Mart into 1 tileset.

3. More familiar with FireRed. I don't know what to say…I just like FireRed lol. As of now, the Ikarus patch is still compatible with PokeMMO, which was my intention from the start.

Hey , I use your patch with Moemon included but I hate Magikarp-tan trainer , so how I can delete to have the normal sprite of trainer please ?

Easy:

1. Patch Ikarus Graphics Patch (NOT the Ikarus Found her Moemon) to a clean FireRed rom

2. Patch the latest Moemon Patch (from the Moemon thread) to the same rom

3. Done

The patches are compatible with one another.

Edited by Ikarus

Ok , but I found a problem very ugly : 177162screenshot1425725605.png

An reinstallation doesn't functionned :/

As per my knowledge, it's not the Rom that's at fault, but rather PokeMMO.

PokeMMO allows you to expand the viewing space of the game.

If you were to load the game in GBA, it would look fine.

A similar issue that highlights the difference between PokeMMO and GBA is the fact that ocean-sand tiles don't animate in PokeMMO, but do animate in GBA.

• 2 weeks later...