[IPS] Ikarus' Lost Property (Kanto Graphics Patch) updated 6.9.2015

What if i help you to mod emerald, ( it think the same tiles would be cool ) and in the way of moding you will teach me and with more and more experience i would do more work, and just that would be cooperative work, and faster. Just kind of not leaving other reagion on its own. 

Believe me, I have entertained the idea of modding emerald already. It just came down to limits in time and resources (available tiles).

There really isn't anything too complicated with modding graphics in pokemon roms. The same methods apply to both Firered and Emerald, and these methods can all be found online with google (mapping tools can be found on poke community/whack-a-hack and tiles from google searches/deviantart). This stuff just takes a lot of time.

I will outline what you have to do to only mod map graphics in Firered or Emerald and have it compatible with PokeMMO. If fully utilized, Advanced Map allows you to edit a lot in the game, such as what pokemon are found in the wild, trainers you see on screen, map sizes, warps, block permissions, etc. It is an amazing tool when coupled with other modding tools, like XSE for event editing or .

What you need:

- Lu Ho's Advanced Map (edit maps)

- Advanced Palette Editor (only used for its color picker)

- MS Paint (edit pixels and insert new tiles. Photoshop/gimp/other image editing software works too)

- Optional: Lu Ho's Animation Editor (edits/add animations)

I highly suggest you look at online tutorials before asking any questions. I'm here to answer questions, but really, the tutorials are all online. The most invaluable sources I used were Pokecommunity for tutorials/asking for help and deviant art for tiles (be sure to give credit where it's due! it's not nice to steal).

What I will certainly repeat again and again is: tile editing takes a lot of time. It takes even more time when tile editing for PokeMMO because of certain restraints set in place by PokeMMO (namely the glowing windows at night and animations for doors/other stuff screws with things). From what I have learned, PokeMMO only uses the rom for how the map looks (what you see at face value). Anything that you interact with (trainer battles, wild pokemon encounters, events) are all handled by PokeMMO and NOT the rom.

If I had to draw an analogy, my IPS patch is akin to giving a house a new coat of paint, rather than doing home renovation.

Lastly, feel free to PM me any specifics about modding the game. I've done pretty much all the basics, including making the new events. Poke community has a great forum for anything rom hacking related, and as long as you are patient/act like a respectable human being by asking insightful questions, the people there are very willing to help out newbies.

Edited by Ikarus
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, this looks sweet! I'm kinda new to Poke MMO, so I don't know if I'm doin anything wrong. When I apply the patch to my Fire Red rom it, the game has a black screen after I login. I can hear music and see the menus but the screen is black.  :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[FRENCH - FRANÇAIS]

Hey tout le monde j'ai trouvé la solution pour avoir cette modification dans NOTRE langue , déjà tout d'abord :

1.  Vous installez une version US non modifié du jeu
  2.  Vous installez le patch .ips de se topic ET vous installez des patch de traduction facilement trouvable sur le forum (exemple pour les français sa seras se patch )  :
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5476-translation-french-translationtraduction-française-14-10-13-update/

Oh si celui-ci fonctionne pas , testez avec d'autres patch , je ne suis pas sur à 100% que c'est celui que j'ai utilisé 

3.  Vous appliquez d'abord le patch ''  Ikarus' Graphics Patch (.IPS)  '' et ensuite vous appliquez le patch de traduction de votre langue ! ( Attention il faut respecté l'ordre )
  4.  Vous ouvrez le jeu et voila ! C'est fais vous pourrez profitez de cette merveilleuse modification et dans votre langue :D

[GERMAN - DEUTSCH]   WARNING , HERE , ALL IS TRANSLATE WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Hey everyone Ich habe die Lösung für diese Änderung in unserer Sprache gefunden , die bereits erste :

1. Sie installieren eine unveränderte Version des US -Spiel Sie installieren das Patch Thema .IPs und einfach gefunden Übersetzung Patch auf dem Forum
  2. (zum Beispiel die Installation der Französisch zu Patch sein wird ) :
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5476-translation-french-translationtraduction-française-14-10-13-update/

Oh , wenn es nicht funktioniert, versuchen Sie mit anderen Patch , ich bin nicht 100% sicher, dass dies der einzige ist, ich verwendet

3. Zuerst wenden Sie den Patch '' Ikarus ' Patch- Graphics ( .IPs )' ' und dann wenden Sie den Patch Übersetzung Ihrer Sprache! (Vorsicht ist bei der Bestellung beachten )

Sie öffnen das Spiel und voila! Es tut so können Sie diese wunderbare Veränderung in Ihrer eigenen Sprache genießen :D

[ENGLISH]   WARNING , HERE , ALL IS TRANSLATE WITH GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Hey everyone I've found the solution for this change in OUR language , already first :

1. You install an unmodified version of the US game
  2. You install the patch to .ips topic and installing easily found translation patch on the forum ( for example the French will be to patch ) :
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5476-translation-french-translationtraduction-française-14-10-13-update/&page=1

3. First you apply the patch '' Ikarus ' Patch Graphics ( .ips ) '' and then you apply the patch translation of your language! (Caution must be complied with the order)

4. You open the game and voila! It is doing so you can enjoy this wonderful change in your own language :D

Edited by Kanakops
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Lunos said:

Hi @Ikarus, nice work, just came to ask if the download was broken or something because when I try to get access to it, MEGA automatically redirects me to its main page.

It's still working for me using Google Chrome. Maybe try a different browser?

21 hours ago, Lunos said:

Hi @Ikarus, nice work, just came to ask if the download was broken or something because when I try to get access to it, MEGA automatically redirects me to its main page.

downloaded it right now and its working i suggest chrome.

On 3/8/2016 at 10:32 AM, Cosmicplasma said:

downloaded it right now and its working i suggest chrome.

Yeah, I gave it a try in the moment i've read Ikarus answer, it's working on Chrome with no doubts.

ON:

It's a really pretty patch overall, the extra doors and furnitures when there are no houses or movement blocking of any type are kinda confusing, but overall, everything looks pretty.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2016 at 6:43 AM, dracobuonk said:

good job it looks amazing! and i have a question...

patched rom is not working on emulator as you stated its for pokemmo

i really liked graphics and i want to have it on my emulator too

is it possible that can you release an ips patch to work on emulator?  

It works on emulator. I just can't guarantee everything "works," as in collisions are properly set, scripts still work, warps are functional, etc.
This patch only updated the world-map because PokeMMO only uses the ROM to look at the world map; the collisions and scripts are all handled by PokeMMO. To save time, I did not thoroughly edit tile attributes that allow proper collisions or scripts to function. You can always try it out (I tested the patch multiple times using an emulator), but no guarantees that everything works. If anything, feel free to edit things using AdvancedMap. You'd only need to mess with tile attributes and collisions--scripts should be fine.

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a well made patch/kanto mod. Thank you for making this.

I know it is too much work to do but this would be awesome if it was a tile mod so we could turn it off and on as we please without removing and replacing the gba rom.. Plz don't do all that work tho this is great as it is.

***For anyone just installing this patch now (2016+) that gets the black screen upon start up while in Kanto**

Ikarus already answered this:

-You have to go online and download a new/different ROM, you can't just make a copy of the ROM that you're currently using (why? I have no idea)

-For me I tried many variations with a copy of the FR Rom that I normally use and none of them worked, I kept getting the black screen, but was able to post to chat, click on my Pokemon, hear music, etc. It wasn't until I downloaded a new/different copy that I got it to work.

Hope this helps for anyone having issues with the black screen.

Get out there and enjoy this wonderful version of Kanto

Edited by awkways
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Just now, RedDragonERa said:

Really nice. 

But how to install this. Can u please do a video which explains steps. 

I agree, this is cool, but I think it's a bit outdated because the original post wasn't edited since 2015.