[IPS] Ikarus' Lost Property (Kanto Graphics Patch) updated 6.9.2015

Keeps saying the ROM is corrupt when I apply the patch. What am I doing wrong?

Redownload new firered eng rom and apply my patch using lunarips. Make sure you don't have any other patches on your rom. Newest Moemon patch may not work anymore since moemon patch keeps getting bigger

Changelog 30/10

Mods

->Added support for modding trainer sprites / overworld sprites

Now the are support for hoenn graphics?

That's for pokemmo itself and not the rom. Competently different. If you mod the trainer sprites/overworld using pokemmo, this patch should be compatible. 

Redownload new firered eng rom and apply my patch using lunarips. Make sure you don't have any other patches on your rom. Newest Moemon patch may not work anymore since moemon patch keeps getting bigger

I do keep using a clean, fresh ROM and it still says it. Do I have to get rid of all the other roms in the folder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason I can't see anything when I play with this patch. The music plays and I can access my menus but I can't move and the screen is all black aside from my menus. It only seems to affect the Kanto region. I updated java thinking maybe that was the issue but it didn't help. Any ideas?

For some reason I can't see anything when I play with this patch. The music plays and I can access my menus but I can't move and the screen is all black aside from my menus. It only seems to affect the Kanto region. I updated java thinking maybe that was the issue but it didn't help. Any ideas?

This patch only changes the rom itself. From what you've written, I'm guessing your rom is corrupted somehow. Redownload a new English FireRed rom and apply the patch again. Make sure you only have this patch applied and no other patches. Moemon may/may not work with this patch; I haven't tested it in a while. Hoenn region is not affected because PokeMMO uses FireRed for Kanto region and Emerald for Hoenn region.

Got the exact same thing happening to me @IsabellaRegaldo & @esasylah69...

If one of you happens to find a solution to it - would appreciate if u share it. Redownloading the rom - even from a multitude of different sites - won't help at least :/

I recently downloaded the IPS file to "overhaul" the graphics on Pokemmo.   I used Lunar IPS to modify the Fire Red rom that I have, and when I login to the game, the window turns black. The chat, pokedex and other various utilities are still functioning properly, but I can't view the play area at all.  Have you encountered similar problems specifically pertaining to IPS?  Any fixes for this?  Thank you for your time, I really enjoy this game and want to get back into it!
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed the instructions:

1) Select Lunar IPS

2) Select IPS

3) select clean version of Fire Red rom

It brought me to this when I logged into my account's character. I was able to access chat but not other things. 

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/xXTyler_PhotoXx/media/ikaru%20patch%20glitch_zps5idzmv7j.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Edited by TrainerChyaku17

When I login to the game my screen is all black, I can use my interfaces though. I did not use an English rom, is it possible to support a German FireRed rom? (1678 - Pokemon Feuerrote (G)(Rising Sun))

No, it's not possible. This kind of patch is working with offsets and they are different in most (maybe all) roms.

I followed the instructions:

1) Select Lunar IPS

2) Select IPS

3) select clean version of Fire Red rom

It brought me to this when I logged into my account's character. I was able to access chat but not other things. 

http://s814.photobucket.com/user/xXTyler_PhotoXx/media/ikaru%20patch%20glitch_zps5idzmv7j.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Try opening your patched game with a gba emulator or advancedmap (can find both with Google). If the patched game works, then it's a problem with pokemmo. I'll look into this when i get a chance. 

GigoloimCabrio, on 10 Feb 2016 - 3:54 PM, said:
No, it's not possible. This kind of patch is working with offsets and they are different in most (maybe all) roms
^ he's correct. Iirc, the new map data has been all moved to x900000, a blank area in an otherwise clean, unmodified rom. The problem is that the offsets of map data is different for every language of firered, if I'm not mistaken.
Edited by Ikarus

I'm reluctant to do so due to lack of quality custom tiles available online. There aren't many building tiles out there that are consistent with the artstyle I used for the FireRed patch. Moreover, the Emerald rom is completely different from the FireRed rom (tileset size is different, the artstyle is entirely different). An insane amount of work goes into creating ips patches (FireRed took me several months).

[spoiler]

To give you an idea of the work I'd have to do to update Hoenn's graphics, I'd have to:
1. Replace every color palette in Emerald; Really time consuming. Very limited in what colors can be used and # of palettes = a lot of time spent choosing appropriate color palettes

2. Replace every tileset; Even more time consuming. Overwriting just 1 tile on top of an existing tile would result in every single of that very tile to be messed up in the entire game. A lot of time spent moving tiles around in the tileset and trying to fit tiles in a very small sized tileset.

3. Remap every region. As mentioned above, changing 1 tile usually changes everything. Remaping includes the pixel art as well as movement positions.

4. Probably the most time consuming step is getting new tiles (whether by finding them on the internet, editing tiles found on the internet, or drawing new tiles). After finding the tiles, I always have to change the palettes, find the best position to insert them in the game, resize, etc.

Honestly, until the devs are willing to make it as easy to replace tiles in the game (right now, you can only edit the ROM itself) as replaing the sprites, I wouldn't expect to see any graphics patches anytime soon. Afaik, the engine that PokeMMO only uses the FireRed rom to display the graphics; movement positions, trainers, wild pokemon encounters, etc are all done by the PokeMMO engine. There currently are other online pokemon MMOs that have custom tiles/allow easy implementation of custom tiles, but not PokeMMO.

TLDR: a LOT of work

Shimakaze_zpssxpgzulm.png

Here's a Shimakaze instead :)

[/spoiler]

What if i help you to mod emerald, ( it think the same tiles would be cool ) and in the way of moding you will teach me and with more and more experience i would do more work, and just that would be cooperative work, and faster. Just kind of not leaving other reagion on its own.