[IPS] Ikarus' Lost Property (Kanto Graphics Patch) updated 6.9.2015

Please, would you make a Hoenn graphics updated? ORAS XD

I'm reluctant to do so due to lack of quality custom tiles available online. There aren't many building tiles out there that are consistent with the artstyle I used for the FireRed patch. Moreover, the Emerald rom is completely different from the FireRed rom (tileset size is different, the artstyle is entirely different). An insane amount of work goes into creating ips patches (FireRed took me several months).

To give you an idea of the work I'd have to do to update Hoenn's graphics, I'd have to:
1. Replace every color palette in Emerald; Really time consuming. Very limited in what colors can be used and # of palettes = a lot of time spent choosing appropriate color palettes

2. Replace every tileset; Even more time consuming. Overwriting just 1 tile on top of an existing tile would result in every single of that very tile to be messed up in the entire game. A lot of time spent moving tiles around in the tileset and trying to fit tiles in a very small sized tileset.

3. Remap every region. As mentioned above, changing 1 tile usually changes everything. Remaping includes the pixel art as well as movement positions.

4. Probably the most time consuming step is getting new tiles (whether by finding them on the internet, editing tiles found on the internet, or drawing new tiles). After finding the tiles, I always have to change the palettes, find the best position to insert them in the game, resize, etc.

Honestly, until the devs are willing to make it as easy to replace tiles in the game (right now, you can only edit the ROM itself) as replaing the sprites, I wouldn't expect to see any graphics patches anytime soon. Afaik, the engine that PokeMMO only uses the FireRed rom to display the graphics; movement positions, trainers, wild pokemon encounters, etc are all done by the PokeMMO engine. There currently are other online pokemon MMOs that have custom tiles/allow easy implementation of custom tiles, but not PokeMMO.

TLDR: a LOT of work

Shimakaze_zpssxpgzulm.png

Here's a Shimakaze instead :)

Edited by Ikarus

I'm reluctant to do so due to lack of quality custom tiles available online. There aren't many building tiles out there that are consistent with the artstyle I used for the FireRed patch. Moreover, the Emerald rom is completely different from the FireRed rom (tileset size is different, the artstyle is entirely different). An insane amount of work goes into creating ips patches (FireRed took me several months).

To give you an idea of the work I'd have to do to update Hoenn's graphics, I'd have to:
1. Replace every color palette in Emerald; Really time consuming. Very limited in what colors can be used and # of palettes = a lot of time spent choosing appropriate color palettes

2. Replace every tileset; Even more time consuming. Overwriting just 1 tile on top of an existing tile would result in every single of that very tile to be messed up in the entire game. A lot of time spent moving tiles around in the tileset and trying to fit tiles in a very small sized tileset.

3. Remap every region. As mentioned above, changing 1 tile usually changes everything. Remaping includes the pixel art as well as movement positions.

4. Probably the most time consuming step is getting new tiles (whether by finding them on the internet, editing tiles found on the internet, or drawing new tiles). After finding the tiles, I always have to change the palettes, find the best position to insert them in the game, resize, etc.

Honestly, until the devs are willing to make it as easy to replace tiles in the game (right now, you can only edit the ROM itself) as replaing the sprites, I wouldn't expect to see any graphics patches anytime soon. Afaik, the engine that PokeMMO only uses the FireRed rom to display the graphics; movement positions, trainers, wild pokemon encounters, etc are all done by the PokeMMO engine. There currently are other online pokemon MMOs that have custom tiles/allow easy implementation of custom tiles, but not PokeMMO.

TLDR: a LOT of work

Shimakaze_zpssxpgzulm.png

Here's a Shimakaze instead :)

Thanks to the reply, i don't understand about the IPS, patch, themes... but if you say hard to make this ORAS graphics ok, but if you change your opinion or know somebody to make this i would like the first to know, THANKS.

I don't speak english very much i'm am a brazilian, I hope you understood the message

Can you tell me how to expand the viewing space?

And also,is the water really not moving or something is wrong with my game?

Water should be moving, unless something has changed since I last played.

Dont work with german :(
Game say its corrupted and close the client T_T
damn, why work it not with the german version? :(

Not sure what you mean by german. Is it a german .ips patch? If yes, then the problem is that my patch uses the same space in the rom as the german patch, so you get errors when you put 2 patches in the same rom.

Edited by Ikarus
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, you can rewrite this mod for our German Rom? so that it runs on the German?

Sorry, no. This IPS only works with English FireRed. I don't have sprite editing tools compatible with the German roms :\

Thanks! You're absolutely sure the Vermillion city bug is not just your rom, right? PokeMMO must have changed something, since it wasn't screwed up last time I checked :o

If you really want the tiles fixed asap, you can download AdvancedMap and edit the tiles yourself! 

Link: http://amneu.no-ip.info

Just open the FR rom that you use for PokeMMO, navigate to the maps with errors, use the left toolbar to replace any bad tiles, and the save the rom. The tiles will then be fixed for PokeMMO.

Edit: It looks like it's PokeMMO engine problem. Not going to go into details. Basically, since those tiles are different from the official FR rom, PokeMMO does some weird stuff that causes my IPS patch to look bad.

Edited by Ikarus

Only thing I really hate is the water. Otherwise it's alright

[quote name="darkneo92" post="1150387" timestamp="1444151166"]

bugs ¿
vermilion
[url="http://i.imgur.com/nQVs4WG.png"]http://i.imgur.com/nQVs4WG.png[/url]

mt ember:
[url="http://i.imgur.com/jjIAawi.png"]http://i.imgur.com/jjIAawi.png[/url][/quote]
I don't have those bugs

edit: at least not the Vermilion one

Edited by Musica

Friend, please, help, :( when you start the game, the screen are in black, :huh: and when I start PokeMMO tells me: The ROM is corrupt. :unsure:

Get a clean rom and replace it with the old one, patching your rom too many times will corrupt it. If you're still having the issue, I would suggest for you to create a support request.

I cant install de Patch, it says the ROM is corrupted even in a clear ROM and in english one!! :( i want this patch !! plz help me!!

[quote name="TheMasterKillerX" post="1154443" timestamp="1445033539"]

Friend, please, help, :( when you start the game, the screen are in black, :huh: and when I start PokeMMO tells me: The ROM is corrupt. :unsure:[/quote]
Did you solve your problem???

• 4 weeks later...