The Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny (January 11th)

bOaILY9.png

Details:
Up to 64 Players
No reserves
1v1 Tournament

Double Elimination
Level 50

Date + Time:
Date: Sunday January 11th
Time: 3:00 PM EST | 12:00 PM PST | 8:00 PM GMT

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Species(lol)/OP Item/Evasion/Self KO/Time(lol)
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves:

- Rain Dance

- Torment

Banned Pokemon:

Wobbuffet

Wynaut

Prize:
1st: Shiny Caterpiecaterpie.gif

(Because we all know caterpie would be the last man standing in this scenario)

2nd: 500 RP

Registration Method: Registration will open 10 minutes before the start of the eventPost your IGN in this thread once registration has occurred. I will allow one sign-up per user. Test posting in this thread will result in being unable to participate in the tournament. Registration is based on Forum Time. Registration will be first come, first serve.

Notes:

• Do not AFK Timeout your opponent unless your referee has stated you may.
  • Disconnecting and Battle Freeze during an official match will result in a DQ.
  • Disable 'Await Key Press In Battle' under the Gameplay tab in settings and choose moves in a timely fashion to avoid Battle Freeze.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Once your match is called you will have 5 minutes to report to the table. No time extenstions will be given.
  • UbersOver UsedUnder Used and Never Used tiers must all be selected. All matches will be Single Battles held in Tournament mode.

Host: Eggplant

GM: NoadHunter

Referees: Zehkar

is allowing wobbu and wynaut a good idea

Ohhh right. I was gonna do something about it then forgot.

I considered it since they were banned in the free-for-all.

Opinions?

I feel like wobbuffet's main niche is trapping. In a 1v1 format, that's already a deadweight.

Also, since wobbuffet is dead slow, encore trapping is awful because you can't switch out into a counter.

You can encore him into a swords dance, sure, then follow up by not fighting back, and then get one-hit ko'ed after he's completed his setup.

Even if you can't ohko wobbu at +6, you can always wear him down to say 40%, tank that counter/mirror coat damage and then start setting up.

tldr anything that sets up destroys it. Except maybe like curselax because it's slower.

And I mean, in 1v1, everything has counters and doesn't. Often the outcome is determined at turn 1 by the matchup.

Wobbuffet's annoying sure but I don't think it wins over a large proportion of matchups in a 1v1 without support.

And I think it'd be amusing to see a wobbuffet win a match and wouldn't be particularly cheap, provided how safe carrying a setup move normally is in all matchups.

But yknow if anyone would rather have it banned, please do speak up with reasoning and I'll reconsider fairly easily, I just think it's fun to have it and not particularly broken.