The Breeding Guide

Gilan

I've spent around 300k to get natured 3x31, not sure how do you get it for 180k. Anyway thanks for the tut, it helped me a lot with new breeding system.

"      Money - Open the spoiler below to see how much a 6x31 would cost at a minimum, how much a natured 6x31 would cost at a minimum, how much a 5x31 would cost at a minimum, etc.

(note: the costs will be much more than the minimums due to gender correcting and pokeballs)"

I've made a image with example how to breed pokemon with specific nature

[spoiler] http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03308301037436026793 [/spoiler]

In example I've used rattata

Green-1x31 pokemon

Orange-2x31 pokemon

Blue-3x31 pokemon

Brown-4x31 pokemon

Red-5x31 pokemon

Purple-natured pokemon

Purple/Other color- Natured pokemon with specific Iv amount.

Let me know what you think guys.
Also, sorry for upload method, I need sleep for today. 

[spoiler] http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03308301037436026793 [/spoiler]

Green-1x31 pokemon

Orange-2x31 pokemon

Blue-3x31 pokemon

Brown-4x31 pokemon

Red-5x31 pokemon

Purple-natured pokemon

hi i really appreciate the image, as it help me visualise a lot better.

thanks alot!!!

Green-1x31 pokemon

Orange-2x31 pokemon

Blue-3x31 pokemon

Brown-4x31 pokemon

Red-5x31 pokemon

Purple-natured pokemon

very nice. Added to the second post of the guide.

very nice. Added to the second post of the guide.

Thank you Gilan, was about to ask if you want to do it. :)

Also, if you guys wonder why I've stopped at 5x31- I think it fit huge part of pokemons, so for 6x31 just repeat whole thing once again to get 6x31 to breed with nature 5x31. Only that. 

Edited by bearminator

I am extremely glad I read this. Me and a few friends were extremely mad about the new breeding system, but we didn't know about the parental averages with IVs. We thought that the iv inheritance was the same as the main series games, and that it was still based on luck. Following this guide, we now see that while this is much more expensive, it's also a lot less luck-based. If you have the money, and the luck to find 1x31 IV pokemon in the wild, you're pretty much set. Before it was if you have a ton of luck, you're pretty much set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2nd reply image is broken (same goes for ev training hoen guide btw)

You've scared the shit outta me. Thank to bear gods that wasn't my image, since I haven't got any copy. (Now I have. Just in case)

I might be misunderstanding this but is there no way to breed pokemon closer to vanilla? I'm not exactly fond of the idea of losing my level 40's

Sorry but you understand this pretty well- this is only way to breed right now. :)

• 4 weeks later...

How exactly does breeding works regarding egg attacks (attacks that can be only learned by breeding)? Which generation's rules it follows regarding that?

Lets say e.g. I want my Skarmory to learn Brave Bird (lets ignore that afaik no Pokemon can learn this attack yet) and Whirlwind.

Can the father have both attacks and the child learns both? Do the father and mother need to have one each so the child learns both? Or is it not possible to have a Pokemon with two egg attacks in PokeMMO?

• 1 month later...

if anyone wants to take this guide over, be it staff or someone else, let me know (via PM). It needs maintenance and I'm just too lazy, and it seems like a shame to just let it sit in its current state.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2015 at 1:05 PM, Gilan said:

You must catch/obtain the following ratio of 1x31 Pokemon (the order does not matter, but how it is presented will be in alignment with this guide's example):

Presented in this format: " HP : ATK : DEF : SPATK : SPDEF : SPD "

6 : 15 : 20 : 15 : 6 : 1

When I say "order does not matter", I mean that a spread of:

1 : 20 : 15 : 15 : 6 : 6

would also work.

@Pythonhier

In other news, I finally fixed the OP and the spoilers. I think some of the pricing needs updating and stuff, but at least it looks nice again... (no one wanted to take it off my hands ;-; )

Edit: also re-titled it, as it is no longer "new" ;)

Edited by Gilan
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured this question would be best asked here.

For the past few day's I been farming Staryu getting ready to make a perfect Starmie, and just now has been told by multiple people, and seeing hints of it in various threads. That you can't create the perfect Starmie without ditto, cause it's Genderless, and they made genderless Pokemon only breedable with Ditto.  Is that true? I can't use 2 1x31 Staryu's to get a 2x31 Staryu?

Just give me all of the information in regards to genderless breeding, and it might be helpful to add a section for it in the original post.

On 8/7/2016 at 1:10 PM, Pythonhier said:

I figured this question would be best asked here.

For the past few day's I been farming Staryu getting ready to make a perfect Starmie, and just now has been told by multiple people, and seeing hints of it in various threads. That you can't create the perfect Starmie without ditto, cause it's Genderless, and they made genderless Pokemon only breedable with Ditto.  Is that true? I can't use 2 1x31 Staryu's to get a 2x31 Staryu?

Just give me all of the information in regards to genderless breeding, and it might be helpful to add a section for it in the original post.

No you cannot breed genderless pokemon in the manner described in the 6x31 steps. For genderless breeding, refer to the budget breeding section of the guide.

Considering this is the first time this question has been asked on this thread I won't add details about it to the OP. I don't think cluttering it up further would be of benefit, especially since I think genderless breeding is pretty common sense and operates the same way as it does in the original games.

Just a little tidbit, when they first changed the breeding system, I argued that dittos should be allowed to breed with each other. However, DS was the one who argued with me on the point, saying that they wanted to keep genderless comps "special" in such a way that they would be more expensive than their gendered counterparts.

At this point, I don't think the breeding of genderless pokemon should change. However, I believe that an item that would allow you to increase the pokemon's IV by 1 (similar to Vitamins' effect on EVs) would be beneficial; but would need to require an extraordinary amount of BP or a tournament win. I think it would solve a couple of problems currently residing in the competitive environment.

On 8/10/2016 at 1:44 PM, Gilan said:

updated prices (mainly as a result of braces), also fixed some minor spelling and math errors.

Next will be adding a Shiny Breeding section.

Can you link me to the old visual? I used that a lot and the new one is barely readable