The Breeding Guide

Gilan

From what I see you posted breeding for a nature is somehow cheaper than not? The listed price for breeding for a nature is 860,000 but the listed price for not is 960,000

Where are you looking?

I have:
6x31 - 930,000
Natured 6x31 - 1,800,000

5x31 - 480,000
Natured 5x31 - 855,000

4x31 - 210,000
Natured 4x31 - 390,000

3x31 - 90,000
Natured 3x31 - 165,000

2x31 - 30,000
Natured 2x31 - 60,000

1x31 - *catch it*
Natured 1x31 - 15,000
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've been using your guide as a reference to get myself some natured 4x31s. However in part 2 (getting X nature), is it not more cost-efficient to create the "ladder" that the natured pokemon would "climb" in reverse? That way you have many small chances to save yourself money by chancing to roll the right nature each time. So for example in creating my natured 4x31 I would first create a 3x31, if it has the correct nature I everstone it and brace the 4x31, if it doesnt then I make a 2x31 and hope that rolls the nature and so on.

Hello!

I've been using your guide as a reference to get myself some natured 4x31s. However in part 2 (getting X nature), is it not more cost-efficient to create the "ladder" that the natured pokemon would "climb" in reverse? That way you have many small chances to save yourself money by chancing to roll the right nature each time. So for example in creating my natured 4x31 I would first create a 3x31, if it has the correct nature I everstone it and brace the 4x31, if it doesnt then I make a 2x31 and hope that rolls the nature and so on.

Yes, it would be. It's just a bit more confusing, and it doesn't really save you thaaat much (and this guide doesn't need to be more confusing). basically you would be doing part 1 for 6x31, 5x31, 4x31, 3x31, 2x31 (in that order). If you happen to get the right nature somewhere along the way, it can save you a couple of everstones (like 100k max, if everstones are 20k each). The cost layout at the beginning won't change, as I don't include the price of everstones into the cost.

Is there any other method of breeding i dont wnana give the parents away

pls help meee!!!!

No there isn't

edit:

I'm also planning to make a video for this guide sometime in the near future (like mid-late december).

Edited by Gilan

I remember seeing a similar question before, but I just want to make sure of it:

Let's say I have twoo Eevees:

Eevee A has IV's 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Eevee B one has IV's 31/x/x/30/31/31. It also has a good nature.

When breeding them, I put an Everstone on Eevee B and a bracer on Eevee A for the defense IV.

Will the child's Special Attack IV be 30 or 31?

I remember seeing a similar question before, but I just want to make sure of it:

Let's say I have twoo Eevees:

Eevee A has IV's 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Eevee B one has IV's 31/x/x/30/31/31. It also has a good nature.

When breeding them, I put an Everstone on Eevee B and a bracer on Eevee A for the defense IV.

Will the child's Special Attack IV be 30 or 31?

most likely 30 since its always rounded down when averaged. but you could get lucky and pass a 31 in spatk. the chances will show in the breedeing menu when hovering over the stat on the new breed.. 

• 1 month later...

What about genderless pokemon?

You must acquire good ditto. For Genderless pokemon, I would highly recommend not try to make them perfect. But aim for 25+ in their relevant stats. It's definitely possible to make em good (I have a very good adamant Metagross myself), but it is very difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest...this guide confused me...;-; (I'm a baddie at breeding)

I am aware of this. A video is in the works, I should have it done before my winter break ends. It should help those who have trouble with masses of text (as a video will be geared towards visual learners).

I am aware of this. A video is in the works, I should have it done before my winter break ends. It should help those who have trouble with masses of text (as a video will be geared towards visual learners).

So after I read your guide fully, I went and tried bits and pieces of it, and did manage to obtain a 3x31 Torchic, from here the problem is getting it to 6x31. But after getting it to 3x31 I finally understood what you were talking about. 

This question may or may ot be relatd to breeding:

When the pokedex lists a possible move under the category "special", does that mean it needs to be brought by reproduction?

I'm trying to raise a Gardevoir and I'd like it to have "Wish" which is listed as "SPECIAL"

Anyone knows ?

This question may or may ot be relatd to breeding:

When the pokedex lists a possible move under the category "special", does that mean it needs to be brought by reproduction?
I'm trying to raise a Gardevoir and I'd like it to have "Wish" which is listed as "SPECIAL"

Anyone knows ?

no. Breeding moves would be listed under "egg move". Special would be from spending battle points at the battle tower/frontier to learn a move.

On that note. Are those special moves inherited by breeding?

I wanna say no, just from memory. But I'm not certain. Luckily the preview ui will answer your question when you get around to it. or, just wait to put the special move on the pokemon until you are sure it's what you want.