The Breeding Guide

Gilan

2 hours ago, Seither said:

Is it possible to breed pokemon in Unova, or can you only breed in Kanto and Hoenn?

There is a Daycare on Route 3 (Unova) where you can breed Pokemon but you must first reach Nimbasa City and complete storyline related events in order to access this feature

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MSplosive said:

How would you get volt tackle? I really want volt tackle right now.

Nice guide btw

The pikachu needs to hold a lightball. So essentially you need to make a 6x31 natured and have it hold an everstone, and a 6x31 unnatured and have it hold a lightball. That’s my understanding if you want a perfect pikachu with volt tackle.

6 hours ago, Gilan said:

The pikachu needs to hold a lightball. So essentially you need to make a 6x31 natured and have it hold an everstone, and a 6x31 unnatured and have it hold a lightball. That’s my understanding if you want a perfect pikachu with volt tackle.

This is indeed correct, previously you could just breed a no IV female pikachu holding light ball and keep it as an egg move, but since they reworked the tutor/special move on breeding, it was removed.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2015 at 5:05 PM, Gilan said:

The next step is to go out and catch a Zangoose with an Average IV Sum greater than 96, and a Ditto with around the same IV Sum or greater, and with 31 speed (the 31 speed could be on the Zangoose as well).

@Gilan

In this section, budget breeding, shouldn't it be 93 (for 6x31 average) or 77 (for 5x31 average), instead of 96?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Serfagorn said:

why sometimes during breeding I can't change my child's gender?

Because it's a species with only one gender (Example: Braviary only male, Chansey only female)

It can be Nidoran too, you're unable to choose gender if you breed Nidoran female + something or Nidoran male with Ditto. You need to evolve them to Nidorina/Nidorino so the gender will be guaranteed female for Nidorina and male for Nidorino.

5 minutes ago, Teddi said:

Because it's a species with only one gender (Example: Braviary only male, Chansey only female)

It can be Nidoran too, you're unable to choose gender if you breed Nidoran female + something or Nidoran male with Ditto. You need to evolve them to Nidorina/Nidorino so the gender will be guaranteed female for Nidorina and male for Nidorino.

of course! I was almost going crazu after it, thank you very much

Edited by Serfagorn
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...