The Breeding Guide

Gilan

"5. Three IVs are passed down directly from the parents to the child. The other three IVs are then calculated by the averages of the parents, which are rounded down (NO +3/-8 business)."

Has it always been this way, since Gen II?  What was the +3/-8 business you mention?  

7 hours ago, AgentJJ said:

Has it always been this way, since Gen II?  What was the +3/-8 business you mention?  

No. IV inheritance in PokeMMO is unique. +3/-8 was an old IV inheritance mechanic that existed prior to the new breeding method. I will remove that from the guide as it is no longer relevant.

im confused about the genders can someone explain to me what u get from female and what from male? irl the child usually take the genes of the male, so in here what's the case? i heard that if u want to keep the nature u want it has to be a female or am i wrong?

11 hours ago, ragstal said:

im confused about the genders can someone explain to me what u get from female and what from male? irl the child usually take the genes of the male, so in here what's the case? i heard that if u want to keep the nature u want it has to be a female or am i wrong?

In PokeMMO, the nature is passed down from any parent with the use of an everstone, otherwise you leave it up to rng. The mother determines the species of the offspring (so a male skitty breeding with a female waillord would produce a wailmer). And that's really the importance of the pokemon being male or female. Female is good if you want a comp pokemon of that species, while male is good if you want to pass egg moves / good ivs to another species.

I've actually been thinking about adding a Basic Breeding section to the guide, that explains stuff like this and egg groups, etc. Soon*tm*

9 hours ago, Gilan said:

In PokeMMO, the nature is passed down from any parent with the use of an everstone, otherwise you leave it up to rng. The mother determines the species of the offspring (so a male skitty breeding with a female waillord would produce a wailmer). And that's really the importance of the pokemon being male or female. Female is good if you want a comp pokemon of that species, while male is good if you want to pass egg moves / good ivs to another species.

I've actually been thinking about adding a Basic Breeding section to the guide, that explains stuff like this and egg groups, etc. Soon*tm*

well that is rly thoughfull, so do that! :D and hey! thanks for the explaining ;3 from what i see female is rly important in terms of selling as well, based on what u explained to me, i think with the properties of the female in mind i might be able to sell females with good iv's even better instead of bargaining males in trade chat.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

is there a reason why this is still in WIP?

I know that a staff member moved it to WIP cause they wanted the breeding guides split up into smaller, more specific guides. But as far as I'm aware, that initiative faded away.

5 minutes ago, Gilan said:

is there a reason why this is still in WIP?

I know that a staff member moved it to WIP cause they wanted the breeding guides split up into smaller, more specific guides. But as far as I'm aware, that initiative faded away.

I am not really sure, sorry for that. I will move it back to the main section. 

• 2 months later...

Woah,

Do you know how long I've been trying to learn this? Reading your guide literally just accomplished what I've been trying to learn since the ninth grade. (6 very long, shameful... slightly, y'know you get the idea). 

Honestly thank you, and I typed out this response on an iPhone 6s so I can only imagine how writing the guide on iPhone must of been like lol. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am doing a catch em all I completed the Kanto dex the jhoto dex the hoenn dex and the unova dex I have only one Pokémon that I can't get bronzor I just don't know how to get him  if anybody knows please reply to this comment

Edited by 2quack
22 hours ago, 2quack said:

So I am doing a catch em all I completed the Kanto dex the jhoto dex the hoenn dex and the unova dex I have only one Pokémon that I can't get bronzor I just don't know how to get him  if anybody knows please reply to this comment

You can get Bronzong at the Abundant Shrine in Unova. You can then breed the Bronzong to get a Bronzor.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, TheTalkingPrudon said:

I am breeding a Scolipede with def IV 31 and Crustle with atk IV 31. The scoli is the female and the crustle is the male. Both are bug egg group but crustle is bug/mineral. Can't seem to produce an egg. Can you tell me why? I'm breeding in UNOVA

You must talk to the Old man (outside) of the Daycare, not the Old Lady. The Old Lady is only the Leveling function of the daycare, while the Old Man is the breeding function.