The Breeding Guide

Gilan

I am trying to breed a 6x31 poke but it looks like i failed. I am 90% all the pokes i used had 31 IV's not 30's. but it looks like its just a 6x30 poke now. :( what did i do wrong? 

it means you did not narrow correctly and some of the pokemon had 30 instead of 31.

Another way of breeding 6x31 Pkmn:

Assuming the IV's are the ones to be inherited...

LEGEND:

H=Hp

A=Atk

B=Defense

C=Sp.atk

D=Spdef

S=Speed

The purpose of this pattern is to breed the least possible def IV pokemon and make use of other IV pokemon.

Priority used from the most number of pokemon caught to the least:

Most  - Sp.atk IV (11)

- Speed IV (8)

- Sp.def IV (8)

- HP IV (2)

- Atk IV (2)

Least - Def IV (1)

[spoiler]CPBnH8i.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by Kojima

Another way of breeding 6x31 Pkmn:
Assuming the IV's are the ones to be inherited...
LEGEND:
H=Hp
A=Atk
B=Defense
C=Sp.atk
D=Spdef
S=Speed

The purpose of this pattern is to breed the least possible def IV pokemon and make use of other IV pokemon.
Priority used from the most number of pokemon caught to the least:
Most - Sp.atk IV (11)
- Speed IV (8)
- Sp.def IV (8)
- HP IV (2)
- Atk IV (2)
Least - Def IV (1)

[spoiler]CPBnH8i.jpg[/spoiler]

yep, there are a lot of combinations that you can do witht the 32. The one in the guide is just the easiest to follow.

4. One can give an everstone to a parent with a desireable nature to have a 100% chance of passing that nature down to the offspring (the everstone WILL be consumed along with the parents).

Does this mean that a male can hold the everston an the egg will take the males nature as its own ?

4. One can give an everstone to a parent with a desireable nature to have a 100% chance of passing that nature down to the offspring (the everstone WILL be consumed along with the parents).

Does this mean that a male can hold the everston an the egg will take the males nature as its own ?

Yes, the offspring will take the nature of the parent that's holding the everstone.

If I know that a pokemons specific IV is 31, but atm it shows as range (30-31) . When the time comes he becomes a parent, will the baby's iv be 31 or its going to be random 30/31?? .

Of course breeding with brace on that stat. 
Thanks for answer!

If I know that a pokemons specific IV is 31, but atm it shows as range (30-31) . When the time comes he becomes a parent, will the baby's iv be 31 or its going to be random 30/31?? .

Of course breeding with brace on that stat. 
Thanks for answer!

It does not matter if the range is not entirely narrowed. All IV's are static, whether you know the value or not. So if you brace it it will pass the 31

It does not matter if the range is not entirely narrowed. All IV's are static, whether you know the value or not. So if you brace it it will pass the 31

So the same thing will happen if I breed:

30-31 speed (Confirmed 31) with 31 speed

Baby = 31 speed 100%

Right?

• 2 weeks later...

How would you suggest breeding genderless pokemon? I have found it to be reeeeeeally annoying with this system.

Ditto. You will not be able to do the 6x31 guide with genderless pokemon. So you are going to have to catch a lot of dittos.

i need some help...i just caught a Bagon

30/31/x/x/31/27

i WOULD keep it, but i wanna give him eggmove dragon dance..how can i go further without destroying those stats? maybe i didnt understand it 100%

what if i have this bagon (HP 30) and the other parent (HP 28), will HP be almost safe 29? the average? or is this the -8+3 thing?

EDIT: got the answer ingame, ty

Edited by KAR0TTENP0WER

Awesome guide! Not gonna follow it though, because that stuff is too hardcore xD.

When I breed I just catch two pokémon with at least 1x31 each, in the two stats that will be most important for the child. And then make sure the average values of the other stats are good.

for example, This is the result of a good meowth I caught, and a random decent teddiursa I had lying around:

Persian.png

Might not be perfect, but uses minimal effort and money (in this case 35k total), and it's good enough in my eyes :)

Edited by Mornedil

I am so stupid. for some reason (???) I thought that if both parents are 31 in a given stat (say speed) the hatched poke will definitely be 31 speed even without braces, BUT if it were any other number it could roll? so like, say both parents have 30 satk, because they're not both 31s it would ROLL (if not selected). but I just looked again and apparently that's not the case.

If you are breeding for a specific Hidden Power, then you have two options available to you. You can either follow the 6x31 section, while substituting 30's where necessary, which will give you your desired HP 100% of the time...

omg yes

I think the reason I thought otherwise is because everyone has been griping about how HARD it is to breed for hidden power now....um no? with this system (if identical ivs in a given stat definitely pass, regardless) you can get a literally PERFECT hidden power poke if you just follow the steps. expensive yeah, but not difficult ._.

and I've been releasing when I see it's not a 31 so who knows how many useful pokes I've released fml ;_;

I'm liking this new system more and more. before you worked hard to maybe get a godly comp. now you work hard and you're absolutely guaranteed it. like undeniable legit god 5-6x31s (or 30s-31s HP).

I said maybe there, that's for those who didn't have perfect breeders (like newer players and such)...but then they were flooding the market right and only getting cheaper and less special

I do think they should tweak a few things, just a bit. maybe exact IVs so we don't have to spend hours confirming one stat on like 500 pokes to make a single comp (that would be really nice) because that's just awful.

but I don't have much of a problem with the braces and stuff being expensive. it makes "godly" comps impressive and special again (not as much as when there were so much random rolls involved, but more so than when you could crap out 20 a day) which I think is nice. I dunno, I feel like maybe something needs just a little tweaking somehow, but so far I like it.

5. Three IVs are passed down directly from the parents to the child. The other three IVs are then calculated by the averages of the parents, which are rounded down (NO -3/+8 business).

Are the three IVs that are passed down randomly selected? Of course you can manipulate one of the stats with braces (the other pokemon is holding an everstone) but if you want some specific stats to be passed down you need luck?

Are the three IVs that are passed down randomly selected? Of course you can manipulate one of the stats with braces (the other pokemon is holding an everstone) but if you want some specific stats to be passed down you need luck?

The three IVs that are passed down are random, unless you brace a stat.  You can brace two stats, one from each parent, or if like in your example one of the parents is everstoned, you can brace one stat and then 2 other IVs will be randomly selected to pass down to the child if I remember correctly. 
The remaining 3 IVs would be averaged