Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

You are waaaayyy too emotional over this, and (not entirely at you) stop with the "I've been here since xxxxx, so I get a say and seems you're newer your opinion is completely invalid."

yeah you're right. the problem was just that you can't compare pokemmo with minecraft thats dumb imo and newer ppl will always support a wipe because they don't lose much. i don't see any problems that older ppl have more/better stuff then the newer ppl .. you can even see this "gab" in every mmo ... ppl worked for their stuff and put hours in them why should the lose that?

yeah you're right. the problem was just that you can't compare pokemmo with minecraft thats dumb imo and newer ppl will always support a wipe because they don't lose much

I never played Minecraft, always thought it was ugly, and looked boring. 

i don't see any problems that older ppl have more/better stuff then the newer ppl .. you can even see this "gab" in every mmo ... ppl worked for their stuff and put hours in them why should the lose that?

When there are big changes to a MMO, such as the phys/special split and the new breeding, it isn't uncommon to see. In the end it's up to what Desu, Kyu, and the others prefer and we as a community have no say because it even says in some rule somewhere that your account is there's and they can shut it down whenever

I never played Minecraft, always thought it was ugly, and looked boring. 

When there are big changes to a MMO, such as the phys/special split and the new breeding, it isn't uncommon to see. In the end it's up to what Desu, Kyu, and the others prefer and we as a community have no say because it even says in some rule somewhere that your account is there's and they can shut it down whenever

yeah minecraft is boring without mods.

and with the big changes... sure the split and the new breeding changes alot but imo not enough to force a wipe.
and i agree on the last part of your post its up to Desu, Kyu and the others if they wipe the server or not.

I've never understood how people can enjoy a game where fun is only had in the end-game. Both Pokemon and Minecraft are games that should be enjoyed because you're, you know, playing them. Building stuff, gathering things, always in the process of DOING SOMETHING. Not just sitting around in the end-game, doing jack shit, looking at people and going "I have more diamonds/shinys/comps than you do", that's super boring.

It's not nearly as dumb as comparing pokemmo to WoW, which you did

minecraft isn't a mmo and wow is a mmo lel xD

I've never understood how people can enjoy a game where fun is only had in the end-game. Both Pokemon and Minecraft are games that should be enjoyed because you're, you know, playing them. Building stuff, gathering things, always in the process of DOING SOMETHING. Not just sitting around in the end-game, doing jack shit, looking at people and going "I have more diamonds/shinys/comps than you do", that's super boring.

yeah but its also fun to use the stuff you earnt so hard in the end game thats what tournaments are for ... you don't just sit around with your comps in your box doin nothing ... you fight with them improve your skills and become better and better  if you want to play a game for its story play regular fire red or something like that because this game is a mmo the story isn't the main thing .

but still... i kinda agree with you it is fun to do something if its rewarding you in the end(game).

minecraft isn't a mmo and wow is a mmo lel xD

Minecraft becomes an MMO when you're playing on an online server with other people.

yeah but its also fun to use the stuff you earnt so hard in the end game thats what tournaments are for ... you don't just sit around with your comps in your box doin nothing ... you fight with them improve your skills and become better and better  if you want to play a game for its story play regular fire red or something like that because this game is a mmo the story isn't the main thing .

but still... i kinda agree with you it is fun to do something if its rewarding you in the end(game).

Us competitive players may do this, but there's many, MANY more people in this game that just gather things and do nothing. They just accumulate wealth.

Edited by Plague

Minecraft becomes an MMO when you're playing on an online server with other people.

Us competitive players may do this, but there's many, MANY more people in this game that just gather things and do nothing. They just accumulate wealth.

but nowhere near any big mmo where you have to lvl up to be able to get better stuff... in minecraft you can wear diamont armor with lvl 0 and you get that armor really fast compared to other games where you spent weeks to get something thats usable in the endgame

and do those ppl who are accumulate wealth hurt you? i don't even care about them and i have rarely something to do with them.

and imo with the split and the new breeding ( fusion) its kina like you have a wipe not as strong as a wipe but still you have to start from scratch unless you are one of those old players who have tons of money and comps which is fine because they worked for it and i don't have any problem with that.. it doesn't hurt me that someone else has more money and is ahead of me its only a matter of time.

[spoiler] and no i'm not a wow fanboy i prefer minecraft over wow xP r.i.p. warcraft III one of the best rts games [/spoiler]

Edited by RyoOhsora
I have only been playing one year ago and i have gotten pokemons comps 3,4 and 5x31, one year only breeding my pokemons comps and now all my efforts for nothing?
if I got that in a year , all people can.
if new players search pokemons 5x31 the solution is breed 1200 hour = than me, no changing the breed system or stupid ideas.
now all people helping to new players with her breeders, and the prices are slow, all are advantages.
pokemons 6x31 no is a problem, one battle full pokemons 6x31, will win the best player.
more pokemons comps = more variety of Tiers and formats, the battle is the finality of this game.
the bored people now have change pokemons moves and skills if the new moves system(physical-psyquical) is implemented and news pokemons for breed.
whats is the problem?
Edited by ixxion

This is so crazy...Playing so much just to have it all deleted? What?

I did have fun playing, but we also play to achieve something, trade, breed, ev train. And you are saying forget all of this? I don't have many, but I love the comps I have and spent a lot to get them. I may be off the game for weeks during school or work, but I know that whenever I log in I can have whatever I achieved, play a few comp matches, even go to a tourney and enjoy the game. That is the reason I am coming back.

Also, I don't really understand the problem with the rich and the poor. I am no rich, but whoever I know who is rich they spent hundreds and thousands of hours in the game. Why would they have that all taken away? There area always the rich and the poor in any game as is in life. Even the server wipe will create another game between the classes in a few month or a year. If breeding is the problem, just fix the breeding.

Edited by lVlusay

and do those ppl who are accumulate wealth hurt you? i don't even care about them and i have rarely something to do with them.

They don't affect me gameplay-wise, but they are the people who are the most hostile in their opposition to a server wipe in this thread, which I am in support of. :P

The wipe will never happen, I'm realistic about that. PokeMMO is a small minority group of competitive Pokemon players surrounded by an extremely large majority of grindy MMO players.

Edited by Plague

Look up best minecraft builds. And do a little research on the amount of hours it takes to build them, then imagine how the people who built them feel when their worlds get a server wipe every update!

Wipe pokemmo.. I want to see people moan and groan and get angry :D
"Gets popcorn"

minecraft... yeah i know that feeling but you don't actually do something with the building once its finished do you? and they need to reset every updates so the overworld won't be too "overbuild" which takes a huge amound of resources ( the more you expand the map the larger the file gets)
in pokemmo on the other hand you actually do something with the pokemon you "build" .. you can battle against your friends and join tournaments which is a huge part of pokemmo imo.

[spoiler] r.i.p. huge minecraft castle [/spoiler]

What are we hoping the wipe will achieve?

The breeding system is completely changing. Without a server wipe people with $$ and breeders and comps acquired from the old breeding system will have a massive advantage over less wealthy people and newcomers. This will create a split between the wealthy and poor. It could make the game unfair. But only time will tell.

The breeding system is completely changing. Without a server wipe people with $$ and breeders and comps acquired from the old breeding system will have a massive advantage over less wealthy people and newcomers. This will create a split between the wealthy and poor. It could make the game unfair. But only time will tell.

Is that the only reason for a server wipe? Because reading this I basically see "those who played longer are at an advantage", ... duh? It seems as if you expect those with more experience and time invested in an mmo shouldn't have an advantage over a new player. There is always going to be a gap, but that's just my opinion I guess.