Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Um yeah that would be like throwing a year of your life away. If your ok with that and want to keep playing great. You waste your life doing something that can just be deleted. For me my life is valuable I'm not throwing it around saying oh it's just a year.

There are other ways to solving problems then just saying I quit lets erase it. That's immature imo. you can't do that when your older and if you are you should know that. Everything has a solution instead of giving up as a gm that you are find a solution. Dig deeper like I know you can.

Do you fail to realize how many other games you have played that you have most likely put so many hours into and don't even play anymore? Do you fail to realize majority of children grow up wasting their life and teenage years on nothing but games that they will eventually move on from? Are you that stupid? I'm all for the server wipe.

Do you fail to realize how many other games you have played that you have most likely put so many hours into and don't even play anymore? Do you fail to realize majority of children grow up wasting their life and teenage years on nothing but games that they will eventually move on from? Are you that stupid? I'm all for the server wipe.

Are you seriously insulting someone for having a different opinion than you? Good job.

Edited by IndigoGlacier

Really? Don't tell me I'm wasting my life. IWas semi pro in halo 2-3 cod 4 ghosts. Pro in battlefield 2 mc and badcomoany 1,2. I've made money off if them and enjoyed them. I play this for the competitive side and when I'm not scrimming in them for a tournament. And guess what a server wipe gets ride of all the competitive s and then I would have to get them all again to play. Do I want to do that? No. Stop calling me out this doesn't even need to be discussed anymore after ds saying it wont happen. Edited by Excelimpulse

NO. Instead of server swipe. why not make a new server?
-keep the old server with previous breeding system name it server easy. 
-make a new server with new breeding method (the fusion breeding thing) and name it server hard.

With this, old players who want the ancient system can remain on that server and go rot. While new players as well as old players who are competitive to join the catchMMO thing are free to choose on what sh*t they want to play. A win-win situation.

-make a new server with new breeding method (the fusion breeding thing) and name it server hard.

With this, old players who want the ancient system can remain on that server and go rot. While new players as well as old players who are competitive to join the catchMMO thing are free to choose on what sh*t they want to play. A win-win situation.

dividing a playerbase is far from a win-win situation

Smh there isn't even a gap. It's an mmo . It's about playing a lot. Not letting beginner's try to catch up and be close to the people that have put two years in. This gap thing is blown way out of proportion. The dedicated new players can catch up. I've helped people by giving breeders and I will do so even with the update. Grow the community not divide it. Edited by Excelimpulse

Smh there isn't even a gap. It's an mmo . It's about playing a lot. Not letting beginner's try to catch up and be close to the people that have put two years in. This gap thing is blown way out of proportion. The dedicated new players can catch up. I've helped people by giving breeders and I will do so even with the update. Grow the community not divide it.

division is better than letting others go, plus there's always a way to keep the 'global' community together, like giving a global/interserver tournaments-easy vs hard. I say if there's a will there's a way. 
most of all, it's not like you are restricted to play on one server only duh. division is just an illusion.

division is better than letting others go, plus there's always a way to keep the 'global' community together, like giving a global/interserver tournaments-easy vs hard. I say if there's a will there's a way.
most of all, it's not like you are restricted to play on one server only duh. division is just an illusion.

No. We don't have the player base for it. There was a long discussion about having 2 servers for pokemmo on teamspeak about a month ago, and we came to the conclusion that it would suck (mods were included in this discussion).

So everyone who agrees with this would rather screw over hours and hours (and i mean LOTS of hours) that the old players have put into this game bc of a slight disadvantage that new players will have coming up into the the comp scene? That makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if you trying to say there is more to this game than the comp scene. The storyline doesn't take a day or 2 to finish if you played the original games before and after that there isn't much to do other than focus on breeding and making comp pokemon. It's not like there is a bunch of game content for people to explore some more or do.

I completely agree with a server wipe. 

Reason: It's either server wipe or new server. This whole ordeal just leaves a sour taste in my mouth and every passing day is drifting me further and further away from this game.

Although I never got into the comp scene I've been wanting to do so but the likes of me doing so now doesn't seem likely. And other than me being on to just talk with friends is out the question as well(since they quit a while ago only giving the reason of coming back when the update comes out) I'm out as well, I guess unless I see some other changes being made, my whole team which was 20 members+ active everyday is now completely dead with me or one other person only logging in...

I don't know if you trying to say there is more to this game than the comp scene. The storyline doesn't take a day or 2 to finish if you played the original games before and after that there isn't much to do other than focus on breeding and making comp pokemon. It's not like there is a bunch of game content for people to explore some more or do.

Reason: It's either server wipe or new server. This whole ordeal just leaves a sour taste in my mouth and every passing day is drifting me further and further away from this game.

Although I never got into the comp scene I've been wanting to do so but the likes of me doing so now doesn't seem likely. And other than me being on to just talk with friends is out the question as well(since they quit a while ago only giving the reason of coming back when the update comes out) I'm out as well, I guess unless I see some other changes being made, my whole team which was 20 members+ active everyday is now completely dead with me or one other person only logging in...

Well...
1. A server wipe won't be happening.
2. A new server is not even practical because of the smallish player base.

I don't even know why you and other people want a server wipe. This is an MMO. People are doomed to be behind other players who simply "work/play" harder. This new breeding system isn't as bad/difficult as people made it out to be... In fact, it's much easier (just way more costly at the moment) to make a 6x31, correct nature pokemon.

Also, think about it. You yourself have already said that most of the people you play this game with have left. Yes a lot of people have quit the game, that's just the nature of an MMO, people realize there are about 8,192 different things they could be doing with their life that are more fun and more productive than a grindfest. However, a server wipe would kill off many other players and the player base would dwindle. There is nothing worse for an MMO than empty worlds and a dead community.

In fact, it's much easier (just way more costly at the moment) to make a 6x31, correct nature pokemon.

Let's not get overly excited about the 6x31's. I can almost guaruntee no one is going to go through the trouble of making a 6x31 with the new breeding system. Why, you ask? Isn't it easier now than it used to be? And people used to do it all the time?

Because a 6x31 won't have a lot of value anymore. The whole reason 6x31s were the absolute pinnacle of breeding was because of what they represented - they were basically a "fountain of godly comps." You could shove a 6x31 in the daycare with basically anything and be almost guarunteed highly above average eggs every single time. Now what do you get for having a 6x31? 1 comp (assuming it's the right ability/nature/egg moves, and most comps don't need more than 5x31 anyways). There won't be a market for 6x31s anymore, because the cost you put into getting them is much higher than their actual value

edit: for clarification, i'm definitely not saying 6x31s won't sell or anything. Theyll sell just like other comps will. I'm just saying, whereas there used to be a specific market for 6x31s separate from comps, that is a thing of the past. I'm also not saying any of this is necessarily a bad thing, just that 6x31s will lose their significance

Edited by sloppyj24

First i wasnt trying to say that there is more to this game than comp. So ur attacking an argument that i didnt even present. But since you bring it up there are many ppl on this game who dont comp battle. They must be getting something out of it. And with the breeding changes hopefully trading pokes will be better so there will be tha.

So lets for a second ignore the fact that you want a server wipe even w/o a test of the new mechanics; and lets ignore that in theory ppl are saying that breeding is going to be more dependable than it use to be. Lets just focus on the issue of what you gain from a server wipe. What do you gain? An even playing field for noobs. But ask urself, why is the playing field so uneven in the first place. The answer, my friend, is BECAUSE US OLD PLAYERS HAVE ALREADY PUT HOURS AND HOURS OF TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS GAME. Good gosh what world do you live in where you expect to quickly be on the same level as us who have been on this game for over a year.

You do realize that most of us old players have been through 3 different forms of obtaining comps. There was catchmmo, then bikemmo, then flag mmo. And guess what? Each and every time the method of obtaining comps changed all of our old comps became obsolete. That means that we had to start over again. But did we bitch and moan about it. Well maybe some of us did but not to the extent you guys are. We dont even know what this breeding system is going to be like, there are a good amount of ppl who think that its going to be easier than b4, and you guys want to wipe all of the effort (combined thousands of hours) just because we have one update that may put our old comps on a higher playing field than the comps of ppl who are too lazy to get 25+ IV comps. I just dont understand the logic behind this.

Well...

I don't even know why you and other people want a server wipe. This is an MMO. People are doomed to be behind other players who simply "work/play" harder. This new breeding system isn't as bad/difficult as people made it out to be... In fact, it's much easier (just way more costly at the moment) to make a 6x31, correct nature pokemon.

Also, think about it. You yourself have already said that most of the people you play this game with have left. Yes a lot of people have quit the game, that's just the nature of an MMO, people realize there are about 8,192 different things they could be doing with their life that are more fun and more productive than a grindfest. However, a server wipe would kill off many other players and the player base would dwindle. There is nothing worse for an MMO than empty worlds and a dead community.

Exactly, if a server wipe would happen. Those players that want a server wipe that are not into competitive will still get behind because they "usually" lack the knowledge of knowing what to breed and how to do it fast.

No matter what there will always be a gap in an mmo and EVERY OTHER game. Why should a person that has just started be on the same level as me after two years? Showdown is available if you want that.

If you want an mmo this is what you get after two years.

So the question arises, how do you get new players to stay with the breeding the way it is?

I think it's up the community. We As a whole can give breeders that have bad natures to new players that might have a good nature on the other end.

Also tell them to hunt ditto. Ditto will become a valuable resourse. I know for one I will be spending a lot for a good one that can help me breed. With that cash they can then buy breeders they need or even use that one to get a comp they want.

Everyone needs to stop freaking out about the "gap" it's an mmo.

I don't support a wipe, but your guys premise regarding the gap is completely wrong. The gap will not be due to some players having played longer and put in more work than newer players. The gap will be due to older players having had access to a system that new players no longer have access to. It doesn't matter how much work you put in with the old system - hell, you could have gotten on, latched onto a team, been given godly breeders, and boom, you're at a massive advantage now that people really have to put in the effort to get where you are.

Once again, it's not about "oh, the older players have worked harder and longer and should be on top of the totem pole for that reason." Yeah, sure, that's fine - older players should and do have an advantage over newer players. But when the newer players are unable to catch up to the older players no matter how hard they work, because of the rampant abuse of an overly easy breeding system, then there's a problem. Will the new breeding result in this scenario? Time will tell. Still, though, a wipe isn't gonna happen, so I dk why everyone is still up in arms about it

I don't support a wipe, but your guys premise regarding the gap is completely wrong. The gap will not be due to some players having played longer and put in more work than newer players. The gap will be due to older players having had access to a system that new players no longer have access to. It doesn't matter how much work you put in with the old system - hell, you could have gotten on, latched onto a team, been given godly breeders, and boom, you're at a massive advantage now that people really have to put in the effort to get where you are.

Once again, it's not about "oh, the older players have worked harder and longer and should be on top of the totem pole for that reason." Yeah, sure, that's fine - older players should and do have an advantage over newer players. But when the newer players are unable to catch up to the older players no matter how hard they work, because of the rampant abuse of an overly easy breeding system, then there's a problem. Will the new breeding result in this scenario? Time will tell. Still, though, a wipe isn't gonna happen, so I dk why everyone is still up in arms about it

How many older players do you think came into this game and JUST got to abuse easy breeding? Btwn catchmmo, bikemmo, nerfed flagmmo (i took a break during this time so idk what it was like but i heard it was AWFUL), and having to breed and rebreed pokes most of us old players, maybe not all; some may have started right when easy breed was implemented and reaped all of the rewards, have put more than enough work into their comps to deserve those 31s.

Look at it this way, catchmmo getting godly pokes was all luck and near impossible to do (espically to uphold to todays standard). But us old player tried anyway. RNG played a heavy role in Bikemmo too but we kept on trucking through that hoping for a godly here and there, then nerfed flagmmo happened and most of us still went on with it. All of that work we put into the system didnt really pay off until easy breed when we were able to get our godlies. Now we have got this new system where in theory it is possible to get godlies in a more reliable way. Its just going to take more time and effort than b4. If it truly does work out that way then i see no problem in it. Most of us earned our godlies through time and effort already, I would say more time and effort than this new system will require, i see no harm in asking noobs to do the same. 

I hope all of that makes sense.

I just dont understand the logic behind this.

MMO turned into a highschool and you are apart of a certain clique.
[spoiler]
Current Comp players - Jocks - 99% chance wont want a wipe due to 'muh progress' or 'muh investment'
Shiny Traders - Rich Kids - 101% change wont want a wipe due to 'muh value'
Players getting into comp & breeding currently - The wannabe popular kids - 50/50 ? They either want to catch up or just get on a even ground
Old Comp players - The Stoners - I have no idea how most oldies would vote I'd guess 40/60 in favor ? Possibly less or more depending on how good their old comps are
New Players - The nerds - probably 90% for a wipe. Other 10% would want to experience the new system
Forum lurkers - The maintenance crew - Probably 90% for the wipe
[/spoiler]
Overall I think the game would be given a breathe of fresh air with a wipe imo, seeing as we can just play showdown if we want a more interesting competitive experience.
But since Darkshade said no........ Hopefully future updates can make everyone happy.  :P 

I've worked on MMOs before in my day, and I've only had a server wipe once, and that wasn't something that affected the accounts of everyone. In theory, though, and based on what happened to the MMO I worked on, this is probably what would happen:

Cons

• Server overload, due to many new players logging in because of the spread of news that PokeMMO is reborn
  • New players complaining (as any admin or moderator of any website knows, every time you update something someone complains, but in the case of something this large, lots of players would disagree)
  • Possible glitches due to wiping the server wrong (you may think it won't happen, but it does)
  • Rebuilding the economy
  • Players will leave

Pros

• All players start out equally
  • New players will join
  • During server downtime, a chance to implement new features
  • Rebuilding the economy (both a pro and a con; the economy is terrible to some and amazing to others)
  • Give players a chance to reexperience the actual game instead of just breeding Pokemon and selling them

I've just been here for two days, so take my list with a grain of salt.

Well...

So lets for a second ignore the fact that you want a server wipe even w/o a test of the new mechanics; and lets ignore that in theory ppl are saying that breeding is going to be more dependable than it use to be. Lets just focus on the issue of what you gain from a server wipe. What do you gain? An even playing field for noobs. But ask urself, why is the playing field so uneven in the first place. The answer, my friend, is BECAUSE US OLD PLAYERS HAVE ALREADY PUT HOURS AND HOURS OF TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS GAME. Good gosh what world do you live in where you expect to quickly be on the same level as us who have been on this game for over a year.

You do realize that most of us old players have been through 3 different forms of obtaining comps. There was catchmmo, then bikemmo, then flag mmo. And guess what? Each and every time the method of obtaining comps changed all of our old comps became obsolete. That means that we had to start over again. But did we uguu and moan about it. Well maybe some of us did but not to the extent you guys are. We dont even know what this breeding system is going to be like, there are a good amount of ppl who think that its going to be easier than b4, and you guys want to wipe all of the effort (combined thousands of hours) just because we have one update that may put our old comps on a higher playing field than the comps of ppl who are too lazy to get 25+ IV comps. I just dont understand the logic behind this.

Everyone needs to stop freaking out about the "gap" it's an mmo.

I don't support a wipe, but your guys premise regarding the gap is completely wrong. The gap will not be due to some players having played longer and put in more work than newer players. The gap will be due to older players having had access to a system that new players no longer have access to. 

I know all too well a server wipe won't happen and that a new server is less than likely to happen due to the player base. I'm just saying I completely agree regardless what the devs/staff of pokemmo say or think and give my reasons as to why I agree. Even if my reason for it may be invalid and/or stupid and might not have no logic to it and may cause the game to become worse or end it, to me it already seem like it ended, and I just started playing, people would just play through the story line and just quit. (people probably still doing that with the way the game is now on the current server and have been and play just for the nostalgia).

Personally no one truly knows what exactly would happen if you take one path or the other. Only time will tell. I'd rather give it a shot at a crazy idea on top of a crazier idea. 

They already changing one of the game's biggest mechanics, which is breeding to something entirely different not even "vaguely" different. Which a lot of people are trying to give out their opinions of wanting it to be toned down a bit. Options like maybe just one parent dying off and not the two for one deal or % chance of them dying or multiple eggs for the two parents. But to have two parents die for one, the system shouldn't be called breeding anymore and should be announced that breeding is being removed and a fusion for upgrading said pokemon would be implemented. This in fact changes everything people used to do in the game, like older and newer players before breeding was removed were used to doing. This is a server wipe in itself but at a much much slower rate, over time wipe.

I'm not completely disagreeing with your comments but I am not completely agreeing either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to how they feel is up to them. Just cause you feel a certain way and see things differently because of experience or just cause you've been here longer doesn't mean I'll just stop voicing out my own opinion and what I feel/think about the game and its changes. I'm sure everyones opinions should count whether old or new. Otherwise was the point of having these threads in the first place? 

Just to clarify, I'm not against or pro-for whatever the outcome and decisions will be made for this game, I'm just stating what I would do depending on the path that will be taken. What everyone else will do is entirely up to them and I'm all for hearing their decisions that will be made on what whatever may or may not happen.

I've played many MMOs and I'm not new to them. I've never experienced a server wipe before on any of the games I've played so I wouldn't know what the outcome would be if said server wipe would happen I just have speculations. And I just want to thank you for enlightening me on what would happen if it were to happen but my opinion still stays the same.

On what sloppy said, this is indeed "one" of my reason of complaining, but it's not the only reason for me quitting nor is this update on breeding but it's one of the strongest reasons I have. Either they make some changes that we all can agree on(even though I doubt everyone can agree on everything, no matter how hard you try in MMo's there is always going to be complainers) or just go on one side of the player base and fuck everyone else. Just saying.

Edit: too many quotes, you get the drift I hope.

Edited by thenamesed

It doesn't even in the slightest. At first I thought you meant to respond to someone else because that has no relevance to what I said

I think its relevant i just didnt know if i worded weirdly. Its pretty much saying that through old shitty mathods of obtaining comps (catching, bikemmo, nerfed flagmmo) most old players have already put a lot of time and effort into getting the comps they have now. I see no harm in asking noobs to put more time and effort into getting godlies than we all have been for the past year or so.

Edit: Well idk about no harm, but i think the possible good outweighs the possible bad.

Edited by codylramey