Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

sure let's kill the playerbase and everything we worked for.

its only natural that ppl who played longer / worked harder have better stuff / more money then others do...
but on the other hand... new ppl will have a hard time to catch up to the ones who played before the fusion was implemented ( you can't call that breeding anymore if you have to sacrifice 2 pokemon to get 1 )

and no i do not support a wipe because imo its pointless and many ppl would rather quit then starting all over again and besides that there will always be a gab between players simply because some are working hard for their stuff and invest a huge amount of time in the game while others don't have the time they would need to get good quality pokemon or even shinys

Honestly I wouldn't like a wipe. I've played games where they'd wipe every two months and that was tiring. Starting from nothing all over again, and again. Wiping here would probably make me want to leave. It would mean i wasted a year of playing time wasted. Besides i formed a relationship with my corsola which took SO LONG to breed. Doing that again would just irritate me.

Honestly I wouldn't like a wipe. I've played games where they'd wipe every two months and that was tiring. Starting from nothing all over again, and again. Wiping here would probably make me want to leave. It would mean i wasted a year of playing time wasted. Besides i formed a relationship with my corsola which took SO LONG to breed. Doing that again would just irritate me.

pls don't form relations with corsolas

I don't necessarily think there should be a wipe, although I know a lot of players would have a lot of fun in a fresh new server.

So they should just make a fresh new server. With the amount of changes made, it'd be completely reasonable for some people to wanna start fresh. At the same time there's been so much time already put into it.

Maybe the second server could be for the gen 4 mechanics, since the physical/special split isn't necessarily an upgrade for some, since some people prefer gen 3 mechanics for some stupid fucking reason.

inb4 "b-but the sheckles" act like their "limited" gift shop items don't make them large amounts of money every time they release them, and like they don't have a few more hats on deck waiting. I can think of about 3 hats that I know for a fact haven't hit the gift shop yet.

I don't know if it would be possible to host 2 servers at once but if it is this sounds like the best solution to me.

Loyal older players wouldn't feel robbed of their valuable time and those who want to start fresh to become one of the best but feel too disadvantaged because of all the existing godly comps and huge wealth gap that accumulated over the years get their chance to do so.

With the addition with Hoenn and new breeding, I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is on a complete server wipe (all comps, all shinys, everything reset).

To start, I'm 100% all for the server wipe, although it may cause some to quit, but will bring a fair amount back. Personally, I think CatchMMO was very enjoying, but as long as we have these comps that were bred, it will be fairly hard for catching to compare.

Inb4 shiny traders "ma shinyz"

100% agree ! 

I have 2000Hours, 100+ comps and there is now ANY challenge.

A reset will give a new start for the game and all the players.

I thinking abouts all the news who will breed with this new system :s

Official Event are all for the old players

A complete server wipe would be a terrible idea. Trust me when I say there is absolutely no chance they will pursue that option at this point in time.

Why?

Because they're not stupid, and they know what would happen right after. I mean, people are already going crazy about a new breeding system. Imagine what people would think/say after a complete server wipe. I actually don't want too.

Edited by Kiliminati

Yeah, I'm not for a server wipe at all. I understand the gap between old and new players is big now, but is wiping the server really the only way to fix that? I don't think so. You wipe the server, you lose most of the old comp players because honestly, I don't know many people who really want to run through the entire game again and grind for comps again and breed grind again just to get where they are now.

Yeah, I'm not for a server wipe at all. I understand the gap between old and new players is big now, but is wiping the server really the only way to fix that? I don't think so. You wipe the server, you lose most of the old comp players because honestly, I don't know many people who really want to run through the entire game again and grind for comps again and breed grind again just to get where they are now.

PLOW-EDGY, you're back from the dead! c:

I don't think a server wipe would be a good solution

-I lot of players would quit the game, feel like someone poop on hundreds/thousands hours spend on this game, and don't want to spend time again if everything is wiped again in the future.

-It will not especially balance new/old players levels, because old players know the metagame of each tiers work better than newcomers

-Riot will happen

IMO the physical/special split is enough to let a chance to newcomers against old player, there is no need to wipe anything.