Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I absolutely understand why a sever wipe would help this game gain some continuity and less conflict among the "rich" and the "poor". 

While I would support a server wipe (RIP Bagon), the vast amount of the community will fail to see the upside and the future of the game and rather look at the downside and all that they will lose

I agree it might be fair for newer players but what about the older players? this kind of reminds me of Robin Hood, take stuff away from the rich to benefit the poor, rich people are rich for a reason, a server wipe would be a stupid way of "balancing" the disadvantage, they are rich because they've played for a long period of time, if the breeding mechanics were fucked up, it's not the player's fault, some of them even paid money to support the game's development, it isn't fair to turn your back on the people who kept the game alive.

rich people are rich for a reason

Rich hustlers will always get their money doing whatever it is they do.

Then there will always be the morons like me that payday grind for money $400 dolla at a time, which eventually works its way up in the market to the 200-500k+ cuts shiny traders try to make in trades.

Resetting the cycle will reset it (and make some people uninstall), but it won't stop the cycle – which will eventually just pick up steam again.

Now that I have calmed down. I think if the split is added a server wipe wouldn't be as bad if all gen 4 moves are added. Roost stealth rock etc. But we need all gen 3 pokes I think for that metagame. Like miltolic. And zapdos also added with hoenn release. This topic could hit the other two topics that are going on also.

I don't necessarily think there should be a wipe, although I know a lot of players would have a lot of fun in a fresh new server.

So they should just make a fresh new server. With the amount of changes made, it'd be completely reasonable for some people to wanna start fresh. At the same time there's been so much time already put into it.

Maybe the second server could be for the gen 4 mechanics, since the physical/special split isn't necessarily an upgrade for some, since some people prefer gen 3 mechanics for some stupid fucking reason.

inb4 "b-but the sheckles" act like their "limited" gift shop items don't make them large amounts of money every time they release them, and like they don't have a few more hats on deck waiting. I can think of about 3 hats that I know for a fact haven't hit the gift shop yet.

I don't really think a wipe is necessary. It would truly put everyone on an even playing field, but as Cody has pointed out, those players who have poured hours and hours into this game deserve to be at somewhat of an advantage. Personally, I think the advantage going into this update for older players is too high, but I think introducing the physical-special split would alleviate that to a degree. It would prevent older players from "sitting back on their premade comps," so to speak, and force them to sacrifice some of their old comps to the new breeding process just to adjust for the meta changes. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be a perfect fix, and old players would still have a huge advantage. I dk, food for thought, and ofc by the time I got done posting this I got ninjad by like 3 people

"ma shinyz"

:3   also losing comps isn't something I'd like to see happen. Starting fresh can always be a nice feeling, but as an mmo a wipe is something you shouldn't do at all. An mmo is a game where you are suppose to invest your time (normally a huge amount of it) and with effort gain something in return. To have it all taken away would be terrible imo.  I can't imagine if Blizzard said to its community "hey we are wiping all the servers for world of warcraft. Have fun with a fresh start!"  I have a feel there would actually be bloodshed.  Obviously this is a on a much smaller scale and it's hard to compare this game to WoW, but I think you can understand where I am coming from.  So I'd have to say no to a server wipe.

Edited by Ronax

Frankly I do not CARE what happens, I just wish a desicion would be made as soon as possible so I know wether to continue playing or to wait for the wipe.

I can't help but think of the people who have put so much time into the game and spent money on it too - would all of their things be wiped? That seems very unfair, and I don't agree with that.

But again, PERSONALLY I don't mind either way. I just want to know what's f'king happening.

Frankly I do not CARE what happens, I just wish a desicion would be made as soon as possible so I know wether to continue playing or to wait for the wipe.

I can't help but think of the people who have put so much time into the game and spent money on it too - would all of their things be wiped? That seems very unfair, and I don't agree with that.

But again, PERSONALLY I don't mind either way. I just want to know what's f'king happening.

They staff has been frequently asked this question and they have always answered that there will be no wipe. The whole server wipe suggestion is from the players.

They staff has been frequently asked this question and they have always answered that there will be no wipe. The whole server wipe suggestion is from the players.

Oh I see. Does this only account for the 'pre-existing' server/s? The PTS is the only one to actually be wiped, right?

I'm new here so I'm not entirely in-the-know, unfortunately.

Oh I see. Does this only account for the 'pre-existing' server/s? The PTS is the only one to actually be wiped, right?

I'm new here so I'm not entirely in-the-know, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure that the live server won't be wiped, but the PTS will be because it's only a test.

No need for a wipe in my opinion. For one, I think the "gap" is over-dramatized. Two, think about all the noobs in the middle of the story line, you would lose all of them. Three, some good old players would leave and that would make me sad.

Not sure if i'd still be playing after a wipe, i'm not really in the mood for grinding like a slave right now.

It sure might help in balancing the situation once and for all, but again, a wipe is something that should NEVER happen.

It would be unfair towards old players, but it would also fix this game with the new breeding system.

50-50 

They make is sound like there should not be this "Gap" between the new players and the guys on here for two years.

This is not communism, we worked harder for longer, that's why we have what we have.

this.

sure that new breeding system fucked it up a bit for totally new players, but thats not our fault, let the devs fix it.

i would probably just quit if whipe.

What about a seperate server? We keep this one, name it server 1, make a server nr.2 and use the breeding mechanics from from the update. Seems more fair.

Because none of the old players would want to play on server 2.

It's easier for the Devs to force this down our throats instead if giving the option.

Edit: In the interest of not double-posting.

This whole Physical/Special split is just an alternative to a wipe, instead of whipping the server, everyone will have to take part in this new breeding to get your new comps.  With out this proposal, we'd have the option to just leave the new shitty breeding mechanics be.  All in an effort to make this "Gap" between the people with 4K hours and those who started last week smaller.

Edited by jayfeatskydd