Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Firstly, PokeMMO doesn't have a lot if any advertisment and relies on word of mouth. A full server swipe would make (imo) 75% of all the active players quitting the game. There will be negative attitudes towards the game and many game reviews would rate it negatively.

Secondly, no one would trust the game developers again as there could be another server wipe in the future so why would you spent 2000 hrs playing this game if everythig someone worked for could be suddenly gone. Therefore I believe that not many would return in the future and would pick a trustworthy game.

At last, why would be a server wipe be necessary? You are addressing the breeding problem. There are much better solutions to this. In my opinion they could simply check and forbid any Pokemons that were hatched or found during 2012-2014 for certain tourments. Furthermore most of the torments and competitive play could be based on CatchMMO so every player has an equal chance of getting comps for CatchMMO.
There is also no need to wipe out all Shinies as they don't create any problems in Hoenn. Lucky Eggs was something entirely different due to exploits.

Overall a Server Swipe would do much more harm then good. Dedicated players keep a game and forum alive not only with donations but most importantly with word of mouth. Developers will look into tackling the problems and come up with better solutions then a server swipe.

Edited by MrAnonymous

I think the server wipe is not necessary.

First of all, if you want to start from the begining, you can create a new character and do the adventure again.

Second, a wipe now, means it can happens again and again. So, you've done a lot of work, training goods and variables comps, catching all the pokemons availables on the game, breeding like an slave, to lost everything? I'm a new player on pokemmo, i think i play this since november and I can't agree with the veterans loosing everything.

Aww, i'm in a large disadvantage? It's fair enough, since they are playing from 2+ years and I, for only 2 months...

Start a new character is always funny, so do that, use new pokemons in the adventures, other than your first comps, or whatever, but keep things right.

Edited by Rashgarroth

So we should wipe the server every time we feel like old players have an advantage over the newer ones? PokeMMO is still in Alpha, i wouldn't be surprised if they actually go with a server wipe. It would give the new members in the community a chance while older players go insane for losing all that time they put in for the comps, shinies, cash, etc... 

As for my opinion, i disagree with a wipe. Older players will always have an advantage over newer members of the community. (Unless the developers are planning to wipe the server every time we have an update like this one)

Edited by OldManHassan

A server wipe isn't really needed imo.

I lost my shinies. Server wipe pls.

I can't get good comps. Server wipe pls.

People have played 2 years more than I have and its not fair they have good stuff. Server wipe pls.

I'm bored. Server wipe pls.

headbashwall.gif

So nah I wouldn't support it mainly for those reasons above ^. 

You just reminded me why I want to marry you. Alas, TJ has dibs.