Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Of course there'll be a split between pros and noobs like any MMO, but it's nice to give mid players (biggest population) a new chance to rise.

At least that's why most MMOs do new servers, and pros can keep being pros at their servers.

I barely care actually this MMO takes no more than 3 hours to get into "end game", so at the end of the day to rise you just need to grind (play more).

Regardless of a server wipe, ANYTHING at any time could happen to PokeMMO to cause a shutdown, wipe, or anything else to take it offline or reset it for good.
It's a game hosted online, and nothing is forever. 
So losing your shinys and "wasting a year or more of your life" doesn't matter.
Because it's technically wasted already. 
Just enjoy the fun you had/are having until it's gone, because any time between right now and years down the road, it will be.

tl;dr: Enjoy what you have, and reminisce on what you had regardless. It won't last forever.

Regardless of a server wipe, ANYTHING at any time could happen to PokeMMO to cause a shutdown, wipe, or anything else to take it offline or reset it for good.
It's a game hosted online, and nothing is forever.
So losing your shinys and "wasting a year or more of your life" doesn't matter.
Because it's technically wasted already.
Just enjoy the fun you had/are having until it's gone, because any time between right now and years down the road, it will be.

tl;dr: Enjoy what you have, and reminisce on what you had regardless. It won't last forever.

Sign online and hit the h key and read. It will never be wiped. And if they have everything backed up which I believe they would. It won't be erased.

What's happening now with the split shiny breeding and breeding is the closest thing your getting to a wipe.

"Its basically a wipe" imo

A server wipe isn't really needed imo.

I lost my shinies. Server wipe pls.

I can't get good comps. Server wipe pls.

People have played 2 years more than I have and its not fair they have good stuff. Server wipe pls.

I'm bored. Server wipe pls.

headbashwall.gif

So nah I wouldn't support it mainly for those reasons above ^. 

You do realize that most of the players supporting the wipe have all of those right? Archinix has comps. i have comps. After so many people playing for two years im pretty sure the game is almost overpopulated with shinies. Im not saying i agree or disagree with the wipe. Of course i dont want to lose the hard work and dedication i put into this game. Breeding 4x31s, i have some really sick catchmmo's, catching mewtwo, and the amount of time all of it took. No one wants to lose all that. But it would just be selfish not to consider the other option. What about a player that just started yesterday? he can play through the game with no issues. but after the e-4 he wont have anything to do because he wont be able to compete in tournaments with players that have all their 6x31s from before the breeding update, which basically screws him to only have 3 or 4x31 at the most, because after that the risk is too high. im not sayin wipe it. people will quit, and people will start playing again. but im saying all the players with a pc full of comps shouldnt sit on their pedestals and look down on other players because they want a wipe to make it fun for everyone.

Sign online and hit the h key and read. It will never be wiped. And if they have everything backed up which I believe they would. It won't be erased.

What's happening now with the split shiny breeding and breeding is the closest thing your getting to a wipe.

"Its basically a wipe" imo

I'm just saying, overall it's a server-based thing. It could be hacked, shutdown for whatever reason, etc. 
Worrying about the possibility of a "wipe" is nothing compared to whatever else could happen. 
So overall, just have fun and don't worry about shit all the time lol

Edited by Atumisk

Keep in mind DS only said they don't have plans, that could change.

If mods feel this needs/should be closed they can

It's not just ds. Pretty sure he didn't implement the program stating they wouldn't in game when you hit h. I could be wrong but I think it's just his responsibility to monitor the thread. I doubt kyu wants to come in here and state something that's already stated in game.

Arc I apologize lol. I was thinking about what you said and you said plans. I guess that's right but I don't see them going back on that. Edited by Excelimpulse