Would you support a server wipe?

Archinix

Server Wipe  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a server wipe?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I guess no one really remembers the great feeling of being first in something. First with X shiny, first with perfect IV's, first to beat the Elite 4, etc.  Back when emerald was massively played on Gameboys you would destroy the game in a few days to a week, sometimes a month if you wanted to complete the Dex. Then you would reset, try something different that time around, and do it again. Of course it's not an apt comparison necessarily, it just lends reason to the fact that change is never bad, it just causes anxiety in those who fail to understand it.

When reading about the updates and then reading this topic i would have to say no, I would rather hang myself then starting from nothing al over again with the new breeding mechanics.

It would be a disaster for the comp scene, when would the next official be? Even if the veterans decide to stay, its gonna take a while to get where we are now. thank god they arent planning on it.. yet

I'd say a server wipe is supposed to be the last effort to save a game that's been completely rekt, and any and all options should be tried before one occurs.  There's probably a way to fix this game, and no matter how hard or angry it makes people I'm sure if the other option is a server wipe it'd be well worth it.  Even if the Devs try to fix it and can't, what's the worst that can happen?  A server wipe lol. 
Deciding quickly on whether or not the economy can be saved is another option.  If a server wipe happens it needs to happen before anyone else has a chance to make any kind of progress to "minimize" the damage as much as possible, but the rage would still be god awful.  I'm on the fence because I don't know the in depth details of what the devs are trying to do to fix it, but damn being on this fence gives me a great view of the crowd of crying people on either side of it. 

If you read the TOS you actually own nothing, they can just remove your account for and I quote "any reason or no reason".

Being against a server wipe is one thing but in the end its up to the games creators.

I personally am for a server wipe, seeing as so much is changing, and it will be intensely unfair for new players.

Similarly to pulling a thorn from your flesh, it will hurt in the beginning, but it in your best interest.

For the record, I collectively on my accounts have about 900 hours of playtime, and I have been around for about a year.

Archie already explained that polls are useless. Read, bro.

Uh, I did read "bro". Useless or not(manipulated or not), I still would like to compare to the breeding poll just to see something that I want to personally see. Read what I wrote, I didn't ask for it, nor did I demand it. I was just suggesting to make a poll. It's entirely up to him to make the poll or not. Could careless if he decides not to do it. Still wouldn't hurt to see a poll.