[Denied]Improvement of Breeding System

I see all the effort the devs put into this new system and they aren't wrong, the server is full of perfect pokes. Just i think this update will only force to quit 50% of MMO so i think this is an improvement to the mechanic .  Like others MMO why don't you put a % of destruction of the parents instead of 100% destroy ? This can be lowered with a fee. This % of destruction  increase with the number of egg you do hour/daily/weekly. This way you wuold have different pros:

• This will stop the egg farm because there is a fee to prevent to destroy breeders
  • There is still a chance that the breeders will be destroyed so even with the fee, people wouldn't egg everytime.
  • This way you could decrease the numbers of the 6x31 etc.. destroyed in the daycare
  • This will not stop the breeding and the comp selling but just decrease it
  • All the items (Everstone-Brace-Fee-%of destruct)  will not make eggfarm worthwhile
  • This is more player-friendly as long losing 100% your breeder will just prevent players from breeding, but not sink the perfect comps.

I see all the effort the devs put into this new system and they aren't wrong, the server is full of perfect pokes. Just i think this update will only force to quit 50% of MMO so i think this is an improvement to the mechanic .  Like others MMO why don't you put a % of destruction of the parents instead of 100% destroy ? This can be lowered with a fee. This % of destruction  increase with the number of egg you do hour/daily/weekly. This way you wuold have different pros:

• This will stop the egg farm because there is a fee to prevent to destroy breeders
  • There is still a chance that the breeders will be destroyed so even with the fee, people wouldn't egg everytime.
  • This way you could decrease the numbers of the 6x31 etc.. destroyed in the daycare
  • This will not stop the breeding and the comp selling but just decrease it
  • All the items (Everstone-Brace-Fee-%of destruct)  will not make eggfarm worthwhile
  • This is more player-friendly as long losing 100% your breeder will just prevent players from breeding, but not sink the perfect comps.

I can tell you that pokemon shouldn't die....

daycare.png7b4081c371cb7dd9b1f6066e7498446b.png Daycare funeral services...

Instead, have the IVs decrease every time the brace is being used, ie: 6x31 -> 6x21 -> 6x11. No death needed, just simply decrease the IVs by -10.

daycare.png7b4081c371cb7dd9b1f6066e7498446b.png Daycare funeral services...

Instead, have the IVs decrease every time the brace is being used, ie: 6x31 -> 6x21 -> 6x11. No death needed, just simply decrease the IVs by -10.

That seems like a bit too much of a decrease, but the idea of progressively making the parent Pokemon you use to breed less effective in succession sounds like an interesting idea.

daycare.png = 7b4081c371cb7dd9b1f6066e7498446b.png Daycare funeral services...

read it wrong at first but -10 would just make them unusable unless you have another 6x31 to pair with the 6x21. The 6x11 might as well be released anyways Edited by MasterExquisite

That seems like a bit too much of a decrease, but the idea of progressively making the parent Pokemon you use to breed less effective in succession sounds like an interesting idea.

read it wrong at first but -10 would just make them unusable unless you have another 6x31 to pair with the 6x21. The 6x11 might as well be released anyways

It doesn't have to be a -10, but instead, a -5 decrease. I hate attending Pokemon funerals, so I came up with a better alternative.

• The cost of the non-destruction of an egg does not scale with the economy.
  • The Parents are both the materials required for refinement and the weaponry; The species that comes out of the egg is the improvement on one of the parents, the other parent that is consumed are the materials required to improve it.
  • This system puts a price on the cloning of a Pokemon - Cloning being something we want to be rid of entirely, as it causes inflation. - The new system allows for economic stability, and even with paying to keep an egg it still doesn't stabilize the economy effectively or allow for deflation.
  • This would effectively remove the species rarity of each Pokemon again.
  •  

This would be an unreliable sink and would be particularly unfair RNG.

• The Parents are both the materials required for refinement and the weaponry; The species that comes out of the egg is the improvement on one of the parents, the other parent that is consumed are the materials required to improve it.
  • This system puts a price on the cloning of a Pokemon - Cloning being something we want to be rid of entirely, as it causes inflation. - The new system allows for economic stability, and even with paying to keep an egg it still doesn't stabilize the economy effectively or allow for deflation.
  • This would be an unreliable sink and would be particularly unfair RNG.

I have one question that comes to mind, how about the people that want to get into competitive play, but are still new like me? Yes I have the comp collection, but at the same time, I would like to breed my product and sell it. It is like Television sets, if you make television sets, you would sell them to people at Wal-Mart, but what you are doing is taking away all the television sets and that just leaves one television set. I personally disagree with your system, but at the same time, I see the goal that you are trying to accomplish, eliminate the Uairs, but, at the same time, how will the new players adapt to the community with all these barriers (money sinks)? I am just concerned and maybe my view is a bit different than yours. Simply put, I am just sceptical about this new breeding system. 

• This would be an unreliable sink and would be particularly unfair RNG.
I'm sure you've heard this already and i know that it has been discussed but once again being able to choose the gender of your egg would REALLY help out. And i also think the 100% chance of ability transfer would be good too. The economy would still stabilize and people would still be able to manage getting good comp pokemon. They obviously would still work decently hard to get them therefore wouldn't want to sell them

I have one question that comes to mind, how about the people that want to get into competitive play, but are still new like me? Yes I have the comp collection, but at the same time, I would like to breed my product and sell it. It is like Television sets, if you make television sets, you would sell them to people at Wal-Mart, but what you are doing is taking away all the television sets and that just leaves one television set.

The key difference here is that Wal-Mart spends resources on the creation of these television sets, whereas with breeding you're paying very little for the ability to essentially 'duplicate' a television set.

Eventually these television sets break/people wish to upgrade them with the advance of technology.

This is not the case with Pokemon, they continue working and are largely able to be used with the progression of both the economy and the meta game.

These televison sets are being made at the cost of the materials (of which there is not an infinite supply) and thus something is being taken out of the economy.

With the breeding system we had before, this was not the case; Whilst the Pokemon you have bred has left your ownership, a new Pokemon of relatively good value has entered the economy and the money the person has given you has only been passed from them to you and has not left the economy at all, thus it has only inflated.

I'm sure you've heard this already and i know that it has been discussed but once again being able to choose the gender of your egg would REALLY help out. And i also think the 100% chance of ability transfer would be good too. The economy would still stabilize and people would still be able to manage getting good comp pokemon. They obviously would still work decently hard to get them therefore wouldn't want to sell them

We are discussing and working on this currently.

The key difference here is that Wal-Mart spends resources on the creation of these television sets, whereas with breeding you're paying very little for the ability to essentially 'duplicate' a television set.

Eventually these television sets break/people wish to upgrade them with the advance of technology.

This is not the case with Pokemon, they continue working and are largely able to be used with the progression of both the economy and the meta game.

These televison sets are being made at the cost of the materials (of which there is not an infinite supply) and thus something is being taken out of the economy.

With the breeding system we had before, this was not the case; Whilst the Pokemon you have bred has left your ownership, a new Pokemon of relatively good value has entered the economy and the money the person has given you has only been passed from them to you and has not left the economy at all, thus it has only inflated.

Your right in the sense of the television set, but how about this idea, instead of killing the breeder, make the breeder ineffective by decreasing its IVs per egg, for an example -> 6x31 after 1 egg = 6x21 etc. Decrease the usefulness of the breeder, but you don't have to kill it. Make it so useless to the point that the trainer would want to release the poke rather than keeping it. Your quote has helped my case "Eventually these television sets break/people wish to upgrade them with the advance of technology" (Darkshade). The technology part of your quote, you can lower down the IVs of the poke making it an outdated breeder which would force the competitive breeders to release the old breeder poke.

Your right in the sense of the television set, but how about this idea, instead of killing the breeder, make the breeder ineffective by decreasing its IVs per egg, for an example -> 6x31 after 1 egg = 6x21 etc. Decrease the usefulness of the breeder, but you don't have to kill it.

This still allows cloning to take place, and removes species rarity.

Thus inflating the market and removing the deflation the new system has.

We looked at many options during development (this being one of them), and it was deemed ineffective.

Why is species rarity important?

Species rarity is what gives people a reason to go catching in the wild again, which is a large percentage of our content.

With the older breeding system it was considered a joke to catch anything in the wild.

With the re-introduction of species rarity, it opens up a whole new market for wild caught Pokemon; something every player has access to, giving them another source of income.

Edited by Darkshade

Yes, but at the same time, it makes the pokemon useless the more times you use it. Unless breeders want to sell garbage breeds, it going to force breeders to release the older breeder poke. Garbage can't sell, so they are forced to be released since no one will buy them. Who wants to buy a 1970s television set? Maybe a few people, but not very many.(I am sorry that my question sounded a bit snarky, but that is the nicest way I thought of...). The clones will be trash and people will eventually release them due to party space. This is one of the few things I disagree with you on. Usually I agree with 90% of what staff members post.

We are discussing and working on this currently.

All i needed to hear on that and also darkshade what are your thoughts on breeding for specific hidden powers with this new system?

Yes, but at the same time, it makes the pokemon useless the more times you use it. Unless breeders want to sell garbage breeds, it going to force breeders to release the older breeder poke. Garbage can't sell, so they are forced to be released since no one will buy them. Who wants to buy a 1970s television set? Maybe a few people, but not very many.(I am sorry that my question sounded a bit snarky, but that is the nicest way I thought of...). The clones will be trash and people will eventually release them due to party space. This is one of the few things I disagree with you on. Usually I agree with 90% of what staff members post.

honestly bestfriends what's the difference? You act as if real animals are dying Edited by XelaKebert
Don't double post

All i needed to hear on that and also darkshade what are your thoughts on breeding for specific hidden powers with this new system?

Hidden Power should be a lot easier to manipulate than it was before, this being at the cost of not having so many goes.

It may now require that you breed two parents specifically with certain IVs that fit together to get the type that you want.

It's much like mathmatical a puzzle, I believe it to be too early to tell whether or not it needs adusting - I am very much looking forward to the initial release of breeding on live for this reason.

It's certainly doable, whereas beforehand you largely just relied on RNG rolls to hand you what you want.

Thus inflating the market and removing the deflation the new system has.

We looked at many options during development (this being one of them), and it was deemed ineffective.

Why is species rarity important?

Species rarity is what gives people a reason to go catching in the wild again, which is a large percentage of our content.

With the older breeding system it was considered a joke to catch anything in the wild.

With the re-introduction of species rarity, it opens up a whole new market for wild caught Pokemon; something every player has access to, giving them another source of income.

so CatchMMO is comming back. Okay, one question though, if I use my comps to breed, will they die?

Hidden Power should be a lot easier to manipulate than it was before, this being at the cost of not having so many goes.
It may now require that you breed two parents specifically with certain IVs that fit together to get the type that you want.

It's much like mathmatical a puzzle, I believe it to be too early to tell whether or not it needs adusting - I am very much looking forward to the initial release of breeding on live for this reason.
It's certainly doable, whereas beforehand you largely just relied on RNG rolls to hand you what you want.

Well yea once you have to compatible breeders its a guarantee but breeding those breeders is going to be tough. One iv can throw the whole thing off so easily and then you will have to chain breed and try again.