New Breeding VS Old Breeding

FlareBlitzz

Which breeding?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Old or New?

• Old Breeding (Before Hoenn)
    • New Breeding (Hoenn)

Which breeding system do you prefer, and why?
What changes would you want in the new breeding to make it better?

Old Breeding :

[Spoiler]

Breeding
  • Updated egg hatching difficulty to more properly reflect their encounter rates in the overworld.
  • The Daycare Man will now withhold eggs from people who bother him too often.
  • Players are now limited to 1 egg per time.
  • Updated egg hatch mechanics to require more active play.
  • Daycares will charge $1000 to remove something which was set with the "No EXP" flag.
  • Unneutered fossils.

Details on breeding mechanics may be found in https://forums.pokem...-141013-update/ 

[/spoiler]

New Breeding :
[Spoiler]

Breeding / Daycare

• Parents are now traded away to the Breeding Man NPC when trainers want their child.
  • IV inheritance has been rebalanced; 3/6 IVs will be directly passed to the child from either parent. 3/6 IVs will be averaged from the parents' stats. These are decided randomly unless a consumable held item is given to either parent.
  • Everstone inheritance has been rebalanced; Everstones are now consumed when players trade the parents to the NPC. There is now a 100% chance to pass the nature of a parent if they are holding an Everstone. If both parents are holding an Everstone, this chance is 50% of either parent's.
  • Ability inheritance has been rebalanced; If there are multiple possible abilities for the child's species, the Mother will have an 80% chance to pass their Ability to their child.
  • Certain held items have been added in order to assist with IV passing. When trainers give a Brace to a parent and then trade the parent to the NPC for breeding, this Brace will decide which IV of the parent's has a 100% chance of passing. These items are consumable and purchasable in certain shops located near breeding NPCs.
  • Eggs will now automatically hatch after a period of time, based on the species of the egg. Rarer species will take longer to hatch than others.
  • Egg Scientist of Cinnabar has been removed.
  • Daycares only function in the trainer's active region.

[/Spoiler]

Edited by FlareBlitzz

Even with seeing all the advantages of the new breeding, the cons highly outweigh the pros as far as competitive tier pokemon being even kind of accessible to the up-and-coming competitive player. Before when breeding was made easier, it was with the idea of it making competitive play more accessible to more people, but it seems they've gone full circle and decided that isn't what they want for this game. 

I fully understand the possibilities, the amount of work, and the progress to be made with the new system, but I still think it's just bad to have. Trying to change it from inflationary to deflationary was a terrible approach in my opinion, because decent access to good pokemon is what should be wanted. Backwards progress is being made.

As PokeMMO press, I am not going to be partisan here, but I can tell you this, where developments break, PokeMMO News can cover as many of these developments as possible.

If you all want my personal opinion on this issue, I think this breeding system kills the competitive atmosphere and overall kills the game. The older breeding system is a bit better and attracts more people to the competitive scene.

I think it's too early for this post to be accurate, and there's too much bias(assuming I understood it right, this is a pre-update vs an update that hasn't come out yet discussion).  We haven't even had the chance to try out new mechanics, all we have is a little bit of information from the Devs, and little to no experience with this kind of system.  That being said, comparing it to something that's been around for a year isn't fair to the new mechanics.  Obviously it's personal opinion, but I think this post would have gotten more /accurate/ results once the bias is gone and the players have at least tried out the mechanics, if not waited until there was actually a proper guide made on the subject and experts in this kind of breeding around. 

Either way, flare how do you feel about it currently? 

You know they done goofed if bestfriends doesnt even like it, no offense bestfriends

I am a beginner in competitive play, so it doesn't really matter. I do like the basis of the idea, eliminating Uairs in the game one person at a time, but at the same time, it kills the competitive play because people are way too focused on money. As for my reporting, I am going to try not to show my opinion about this because I want both Pro and Anti New Breeding strategy people to watch my video.

However, I thought of an excellent way to keep people playing competitively step by step and still eliminate Uairs:

1. If the player is poor, then let him/her buy the power brace for 20K; if the person is as wealthy as Uair, it wouldn't hurt to pay up to 1 mil per brace

2. If the person tries to store money on an alt for the benifits, the IP Address will be tracked and then as a punishment, the alt will have his/her money will be wiped if stored on an alt. (this is to prevent people from cheating the system and it is automatic)

3. Don't kill the 5x31 breeder after it is done, let it live, but, instead, make that pokemon reduce in IVs every time the brace is being used. IE: 6x31 -> 6x21 -> 6x11 and so on so forth.

I know this is a bit harsh, but I tried to reduce the other idea of a 200K fee and a death once used. These are just thoughts to be considered...

I am a beginner in competitive play, so it doesn't really matter. I do like the basis of the idea, eliminating Uairs in the game one person at a time, but at the same time, it kills the competitive play because people are way too focused on money. As for my reporting, I am going to try not to show my opinion about this because I want both Pro and Anti New Breeding strategy people to watch my video.

However, I thought of an excellent way to keep people playing competitively step by step and still eliminate Uairs:

1. If the player is poor, then let him/her buy the power brace for 20K; if the person is as wealthy as Uair, it wouldn't hurt to pay up to 1 mil per brace

2. If the person tries to store money on an alt for the benifits, the IP Address will be tracked and then as a punishment, the alt will have his/her money will be wiped if stored on an alt. (this is to prevent people from cheating the system and it is automatic)

3. Don't kill the 5x31 breeder after it is done, let it live, but, instead, make that pokemon reduce in IVs every time the brace is being used. IE: 6x31 -> 6x21 -> 6x11 and so on so forth.

I know this is a bit harsh, but I tried to reduce the other idea of a 200K fee and a death once used. These are just thoughts to be considered...

I dunno this seems like it'd anger even more people, myself included because you no longer have anything to look forward to.  You're basically punishing someone for working hard and being successful, which is a bad mechanic for a game where you have to work hard in.  I like the idea of balance, but don't think punishment for hard work is the best way for it.
Also this mechanic means that rich people literally have no reason to breed.  It'd be more cost effective to just buy the poke from a poor player, than breed your own.  In the case of this, if Uair wanted a super underground poke that no one else was breeding he'd just pay a poorer breeder to breed it for him. 
Unless I misunderstood your post, then welp \o/

I dunno this seems like it'd anger even more people, myself included because you no longer have anything to look forward to.  You're basically punishing someone for working hard and being successful, which is a bad mechanic for a game where you have to work hard in.  I like the idea of balance, but don't think punishment for hard work is the best way for it.
Also this mechanic means that rich people literally have no reason to breed.  It'd be more cost effective to just buy the poke from a poor player, than breed your own.  In the case of this, if Uair wanted a super underground poke that no one else was breeding he'd just pay a poorer breeder to breed it for him. 
Unless I misunderstood your post, then welp \o/

Here is the whole idea, sympathy for the poor and making sure wealthy people don't run the game. This administration loves money sinks, so I gave them a solution that doesn't have to effect everyone just the Uairs in the game. Everyone with a - 500K budget can afford a 20K fee rate; 500K - 3 mil budget = 350K fee; +3 mil = 1 mil. Some people can try to cheat the system and get 20K for this brace and I am trying to prevent that. People need to pay their fair share of money and not hide it away and get 20K every time that is cheating. I tried to come up with a way to punish such people so that way the money sink can work effectively.

thank to fucking god you're not developing a game...

Here is the whole idea, sympathy for the poor and making sure wealthy people don't run the game. This administration loves money sinks, so I gave them a solution that doesn't have to effect everyone just the Uairs in the game. Everyone with a - 500K budget can afford a 20K fee rate; 500K - 3 mil budget = 350K fee; +3 mil = 1 mil. Some people can try to cheat the system and get 20K for this brace and I am trying to prevent that. People need to pay their fair share of money and not hide it away and get 20K every time that is cheating. I tried to come up with a way to punish such people so that way the money sink can work effectively.

This is going to put excess stress on the GMs to track down and punish offenders which wont be easy, as well as completely ruin progressing through the game.  As someone with a 200k cash pile right now I can speak for the poor in this case, I would rather there be massively wealthy people than people quitting because they're being punished for playing the game.  This isn't the kind of game I would want to play, and I'd play pretty much any game.  I support sympathy for the poor, but this sympathy should be given my the kind and loving players of the community and not forced down the throats of the all the players..
Like I said, nobody with above a 500k budget is going to do this.  All they'll do is invest all their money into shinies and items, which ruins the point of the currency system completely.

This is going to put excess stress on the GMs to track down and punish offenders which wont be easy, as well as completely ruin progressing through the game.  As someone with a 200k cash pile right now I can speak for the poor in this case, I would rather there be massively wealthy people than people quitting because they're being punished for playing the game.  This isn't the kind of game I would want to play, and I'd play pretty much any game.  I support sympathy for the poor, but this sympathy should be given my the kind and loving players of the community and not forced down the throats of the all the players..

Added commentary: It is automatic so the GMs won't have to worry about this, but instead, the game will automatically punish people for cheating the system. And as far as the new players are considered, throw in an extra rule saying "No Alts allowed." This can deter new players from creating alts. Not only this, but players will have a few days until their alts will be eliminated so make sure your pokes are on one account.

Like I said, nobody with above a 500k budget is going to do this.  All they'll do is invest all their money into shinies and items, which ruins the point of the currency system completely.

Added commentary:

Elimiate the shinies] Since shinies are money values, the shiny will have to be eliminated for the average player unfortunately which means, no more shinies. This will elimate the problem and force Shiny traders to play competitively the prizes for officials can be a free brace or + 1 mil reward. This can also prevents pride and a player's wealth can be dictated by the comps that he/she owns. This will get people to attend more tournaments and not make shiny traders come in PokeMMO just to trade shinies. The administration will be the only people to obtain a shiny ie: shiny Jumpluff OT NoadHunter. No other OT is allowed.

Keep the shinies] Now there is an alternative to this idea for shinies to stay, keep the shinies but once your salary spikes up after you sold a shiny, you will be affected by the price increase.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.