Daft opinions on Hoenn/breeding as well as some questions, and thanks to the Devs.

DaftKitteh

[spoiler] The average of 2 31s is 31. If you brace the stat on the first parent that is not 31 on the second, you end up with a 6x31. [/Spoiler]

implying im going to sacrifice my pre-update amazing breed for the sake of a 6x31kek I think not.  Spluuuush is mine, I refuse to fuse it with some lesser tier wooper

[spoiler] The average of 2 31s is 31. If you brace the stat on the first parent that is not 31 on the second, you end up with a 6x31. [/Spoiler]

If it was 3+/3- on average, we would get a 6x31, but 3+/6-... no. I was breeding mareeps with a female 5x31 and a male 4x31 1x30-31, and i never got a baby with 5x31.

I just want to know this new braces... it will allow me to choose only 1 IV from the parent or more IV's?

If it was 3+/3- on average, we would get a 6x31, but 3+/6-... no. I was breeding mareeps with a female 5x31 and a male 4x31 1x30-31, and i never got a baby with 5x31.

I just want to know this new braces... it will allow me to choose only 1 IV from the parent or more IV's?

1 IV from the parent holding it.

Also to generally clarify;

3 IVs are averaged between the two parents.

The other 3 are randomly directly inherited from each.

Giving a parent a brace item allows you to select one of the 3 directly inherited IVs.

I think I'm getting the drift now.

31 x x 31 31 31
31 31 31 x 31 31

In the above scenario can we choose to pass the 31s from either parent ? Like 31sp attack from mother and 31 attack and def from father
Nevermind only one IV can be braced
So a 4x 31 and a 5x31 will give you a 4x31 Edited by Bishav

Giving a parent a brace item allows you to select one of the 3 directly inherited IVs.

so breeding was buffed in the sense that if you stick 2 6x31s in the fusion chamber you're guaranteed to get a 6x31, but nerfed so that it'd cost 2 of them to do it and only makes one.  This actually seems like a pretty decent balance, I dont see the market getting flooded so quickly this time because there's a pokemon sink.  Now the race to be the first one to become a god tier Hoenn breeder is on, I'll begin my research c':

The DayCare has been separated from the breeding system.

The Old Man now handles breeding.

The Old Lady just trains your Pokemon.

yus, this means I can train Raches farfetch'd, Fudnuds karp, and Tyrones elekid to level 100 all at once (this isn't a joke, im actually doing this with the OT pokes I collected lol)

Ok so at first I was like "They just completely ruined the game", but then I was like "hmmm... MAAAAAAYBEEEE... it's not that bad and actually somewhat better".

I share many of the concerns that other players who do not like this upcoming breeding update, and I also add my own concern to the list, I'm worried on how the prices for breeders would be like... are they going to be more expensive due to their reducing population, or are they going to become cheaper due to the fact they're a one time use only. To be honest after I came back to the game from quitting a few months ago, I was happy to see more 31s at a much more affordable prices, because i'm more of a PVP person than a breeder, and wouldn't mind if everyone has 6x31s and we bash out at tourneys, but the problem with pokemmo is if you take away breeding there's rarely anything else you can do that you can't do on battle simulators... I was hoping the next update will balance out the breeding slightly or just stay as it is now.

If the economy is not going to be blown to pieces and pokes with high ivs climb up to the millions, then I think this would be still workable. I'm not happy about it now, but I will try it out before deciding to move on to some other mmo until the devs break it there as well, since that seems to be a common occurrence in this industry

Also I support the idea of having wild pokes getting better IVS instead of random, maybe set the minimum at 15 per iv or something

Edited by Hisora

Anyone else remember how unbearable global was when breeding was first introduced in 2013? The vast majority of the playerbase had trouble understanding how breeding worked - and it was a fairly simple process at the time.

Now, this shit. Good luck explaining to noobs for the next several months why people's breeders are disappearing

This new system is interesting, creative, and completely and utterly unnecessary. But hey, I've been searching for an excuse to leave for a long time, so I should be thanking you

This took me 3 full days of catching to get.

2ytu3iw.png

By which I mean I only stopped to cook meals and do necessary things. So you're looking at about 14+ hours right there depending on the RNG. This was my god tier baby back in 2012 - one of probably only 6-8 on the server.

Said all that to say: I'm not sure what the new standard for IV's will be if this breeding system is here for keeps, but I think people are going to be awakened to how hard IV's were to get for us 2012'ers. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with my 4x and 5x breeders, but I'm definitely holding on to them for trophies if nothing else as it seems each one of them is worth no telling how many hours.

I wonder if the catchMMO chanters will play now. I guess all you can do is wait and see what happens. tumblr_inline_mo11aqxWIM1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by bl0nde

This took me 3 full days of catching to get.

2ytu3iw.png

By which I mean I only stopped to cook meals and do necessary things. So you're looking at about 14+ hours right there depending on the RNG. This was my god tier baby back in 2012 - one of probably only 6-8 on the server.

I'm not sure what the new standard for IV's will be if this breeding system is here for keeps, but I think people are going to be awakened to how hard IV's were to get for us 2012'ers. I'm not really  sure what I'm going to do with my 4x and 5x breeders, but I'm definitely holding on to them for trophies if nothing else as it seems each one of them is worth no telling how many hours.

I wonder if the catchMMO chanters will play now. I guess all you can do is wait and see what happens. tumblr_inline_mo11aqxWIM1qz4rgp.gif

it's not pure catchmmo now though, Noad said her and Rache got fairy decent pokes in this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/49263-new-breeding-sytem-devs-done-messed-up/?p=963467
still that's an impressive slowbro, and hold onto any breeders you have.  Even if they're failures by pre-update standards they'll be useful.  Don't be like me and use them to breed a 6x31 Magikarp the first chance you get :^)

So lets see if i get it:

Male:      31/31/31/31/28/30 with brace -> we choose the IV which will pass

Female:  31/31/31/20/31/31 with everstone -> for right nature

Getting the average IVs from first IV and 2 last IV's, using the brace that we will choose the 4º IV 31(sp.attk) from father, then we will have:

Best case scenario(dont forget about "randomly directly inherited")

baby: (25-31)/31/31/31/(24-31)/(24-31)  -> average of 2 last ones was 30, so with +3/-6 system...

Results, we use one 5x31 and 4x31 to get, with lucky, another 5x31 or less, paying 25k for brace and using an everstone(rate of dropping it?).

Am i right?

EDIT: sry, too many fixes...

Edited by Hellwind

This new method of breeding basically removes any sort of RNG, as opposed to the old method that relied heavily on it.

I would have to disagree here. RNG still plays a huge part in this because you got to catch a bunch of pokemon in the wild that has everything to do with RNG until you catch one with the IVs of your liking.

Edited by thenamesed

So 30 and 31 make a 30 or a 31?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.