Daft opinions on Hoenn/breeding as well as some questions, and thanks to the Devs.

DaftKitteh

So.. Did the new feature which makes gift pokemon untradable affect the current pokemon obtained before the new update?

Overall I think this feature ruins the shiny starter hunting for me, you could have chosen another way to prevent too many alt accounts/chars for being made, just by making a simple delete character function.  :(

Edited by Exitium

So.. Did the new feature which makes gift pokemon untradable affect the current pokemon obtained before the new update?

Overall I think this feature ruins the shiny starter hunting for me, you could have chosen another way to prevent alt accounts for being made, just by making a delete character function.  :(

I think the point was so that people wouldn't shiny starter hunt that way. 

You can shiny starter hunt now by going out into the wild and hunting a shiny starter.

I think the point was so that people wouldn't shiny starter hunt that way. 

You can shiny starter hunt now by going out into the wild and hunting a shiny starter.

What are the chances of meeting a Charmander in the wild? probably 0,x% or something, lol..

Edit: Let's see what is going to happen ;)

Edited by Exitium

Overall I think this feature ruins the shiny starter hunting for me, you could have chosen another way to prevent too many alt accounts/chars for being made, just by making a simple delete character function.  :(

It would be pretty silly to make a game where the objective is to create and delete characters back-to-back until you get what you want.

It would be pretty silly to make a game where the objective is to create and delete characters back-to-back until you get what you want.

I still think the game needs a character delete option, as once you finish an alt run there's really no need for that character anymore and it's a waste of a username.  From personal opinion being able to delete your character after X spot, say the 3rd gym or something would be better than just leaving it abandoned for perpetuality and potentially keeping a new user from getting the username he/she wants. 

EDIT:: Also if this simply isn't possible due to any limitations whether it be with the game itself, or some other reason that's understandable. 

Edited by DaftKitteh

Well I have to disagree with you on this, because even in the original games it is possible to get a shiny starter through soft-resetting. I am pretty sure many games have it in this way, where you'll get a rare thing by doing something over and over again till you obtain it through RNG. All old and new players even had the opportunity to hunt for shiny starters, so there is no disadvantage for any of the players playing the game right now. Well my motivation for this game was pretty much to hunt for shiny starters and alt-runs, which is pretty much going to be ruined by the new update(s).

Could I please get an answer for the following question: Will the new feature which makes gift pokemon untradable affect the current gift pokemon obtained before the new update? why/why not?

Well I have to disagree with you on this, because even in the original games it is possible to get a shiny starter through soft-resetting. I am pretty sure many games have it in this way, where you'll get a rare thing by doing something over and over again till you obtain it through RNG. All old and new players even had the opportunity to hunt for shiny starters, so there is no disadvantage for any of the players playing the game right now. Well my motivation for this game was pretty much to hunt for shiny starters and alt-runs, which is pretty much going to be ruined by the new update(s).

Could I please get an answer for the following question: Will the new feature which makes gift pokemon untradable affect the current gift pokemon obtained before the new update? why/why not?

Darkshade specified that it would be a "from this point on thing" as we put it, and the post can be found here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/49267-daft-opinions-on-hoennbreeding-as-well-as-some-questions-and-thanks-to-the-devs/?p=963248
From my understanding it should only affect Pokemon obtained after the update, so any gift Pokemon you got pre-update should still be tradeable.  I think the reason for that decision is some people had already gotten a shiny/good gift Pokemon and would be upset if it suddenly became untradeable, as well as programming limitations.  It'd be much harder to set this untradeable flag individually on old Pokemon than it would be to set it to automatically add the flag to gift-obttained Pokemon.  That's my understanding at least.
Also I think Patrick is saying that the idea of making hundreds to thousands of disposable accounts is a silly mechanic.  They've already said starters are going to be catch-able in the wild, but to my knowledge nobody has said how rare they will be.

The key here is to find 6x31 parents and sacrifice them to make perfect 6x31 offspring for as long as you want considering the IVs are now averaged. Do work guys. Do work and make us proud. 

Both parents would have to be 6x31 or with some 30's in there to match the 31's depending on how halves are rounded. (and you would lose 2 for one) Would like some confirmation on that from somebody in power please

Edited by Uroko
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.