New breeding system. Megathread Discussion.

KingTsunami

Okay, fair enough, I was wrong about abilities; I didn't know that item existed. And maybe I'm also wrong about this whole thing being random. I have read up on the system, though I'd make the argument that the documentation is poor. I guess what I'm not understanding is how you can go from having 2 parents, breeding 1 offspring, and then being able to breed that offspring and come out ahead, unless you breed it with another second-generation Pokemon. Again, that's a hugely tedious grind and money-sink (which, itself is another tedious grind), and I don't get what makes that okay.

Okay, fair enough, I was wrong about abilities; I didn't know that item existed. And maybe I'm also wrong about this whole thing being random. I have read up on the system, though I'd make the argument that the documentation is poor. I guess what I'm not understanding is how you can go from having 2 parents, breeding 1 offspring, and then being able to breed that offspring and come out ahead, unless you breed it with another second-generation Pokemon. Again, that's a hugely tedious grind and money-sink (which, itself is another tedious grind), and I don't get what makes that okay.

have you never played a game with a refinement sustem before?

have you never played a game with a refinement sustem before?

I absolutely have, and I absolutely do not use those system, precisely because of this issue. Generally speaking, I've only seen that system in single-player RPGs, and you don't have to use it. In a competitive MMO, where the only endgame is PVP, you must use the system, or else just don't participate. The grind for even having one Pokemon ready for competition took one poster three days and a sizable fortune. That should be unacceptable. The system should be one that enables optimal play, not one that gates it behind a nigh insurmountable investment of time and energy.

I absolutely have, and I absolutely do not use those system, precisely because of this issue. Generally speaking, I've only seen that system in single-player RPGs, and you don't have to use it. In a competitive MMO, where the only endgame is PVP, you must use the system, or else just don't participate. The grind for even having one Pokemon ready for competition took one poster three days and a sizable fortune. That should be unacceptable. The system should be one that enables optimal play, not one that gates it behind a nigh insurmountable investment of time and energy.

Last I checked, making a decent comp doesn't cost a fortune. Time investment is a basic aspect of all MMO's. And it is surmountable, but just not very easy, which is good. MMO's function around the reality that some players are better than others, be it in wealth, skill, and/or fame.

edit:
I don't understand why you don't use the system, when it is a legitimate way to get better things Edited by Gilan

I absolutely have, and I absolutely do not use those system, precisely because of this issue. Generally speaking, I've only seen that system in single-player RPGs, and you don't have to use it. In a competitive MMO, where the only endgame is PVP, you must use the system, or else just don't participate. The grind for even having one Pokemon ready for competition took one poster three days and a sizable fortune. That should be unacceptable. The system should be one that enables optimal play, not one that gates it behind a nigh insurmountable investment of time and energy.

It took me a single day to make a 5x31

• 2 weeks later...

So i see everyone saying if you do it right you will be guaranteed to see good results well not everyone is already a veteran i myself am just getting into competitive and for people like me there is a giant chance it will go wrong and there all our money effort and pokemon go and also our time not a lot of people have a couple of days just to breed one pokemon and you do have to breed a whole team

So i see everyone saying if you do it right you will be guaranteed to see good results well not everyone is already a veteran

No shit, captain

>Make mistakes >learn from them >grow

There are guides to simplify things if you want to skip a few steps.

Catching pokemon with 1x31 to start de chain breeding isn't the problem, It costs a rasonable time (any difficulty must have the process), but... I started to play a few weeks ago and I have only 60k, I can just buy 4 braces. I need 1kk 300k (approximately) to make only one pokemon 5x31 with the correct nature (I need 86 braces). 

The problem is that the metod is so expensive, killing new players, scaring us. Perhaps the bracelets should cost much less. 

Catching pokemon with 1x31 to start de chain breeding isn't the problem, It costs a rasonable time (any difficulty must have the process), but... I started to play a few weeks ago and I have only 60k, I can just buy 4 braces. I need 1kk 300k (approximately) to make only one pokemon 5x31 with the correct nature (I need 86 braces). 

The problem is that the metod is so expensive, killing new players, scaring us. Perhaps the bracelets should cost much less.

This may happen or they implement other ways of making cash.

Honestly, breeding a 5x31 pokemon isn't really worth your time and few people are currently able to do it. Most of the 5 or 6x31 pokemon out there are just built from perfect breeders that people bred before this system came into place. You're better off just breeding 2x31 comps and calling it a day, they sell for a little less but with good initial breeders you can bust something out that works almost as well as a 6x31 pokemon for a fraction of the effort.

Nonetheless, cheaper braces would be cool.

• 4 months later...

So i see everyone saying if you do it right you will be guaranteed to see good results well not everyone is already a veteran i myself am just getting into competitive and for people like me there is a giant chance it will go wrong and there all our money effort and pokemon go and also our time not a lot of people have a couple of days just to breed one pokemon and you do have to breed a whole team

Just don't fuck up. Ask around, make notes, pay attention.

P.S. What is punctuation?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm not allowed to start a new thread and couldn't find an open thread about genderless breeding. So I guess this is about as good a place to post my suggestion as I'll be able to find.

It is quite obvious, that genderless breeding is many times harder than gendered breeding, because we cannot breed Dittos. Some other people have already posted suggestions to this problem.

My idea would be, to allow a Ditto as a result of breeding under certain (hard) conditions.

For example if the Ditto parent (or both parents) is (are) holding a rare and expensive item, then the Egg would be a Ditto with the exact same IVs and Nature of the non-Ditto parent.

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

I'm not allowed to start a new thread and couldn't find an open thread about genderless breeding. So I guess this is about as good a place to post my suggestion as I'll be able to find.

It is quite obvious, that genderless breeding is many times harder than gendered breeding, because we cannot breed Dittos. Some other people have already posted suggestions to this problem.

My idea would be, to allow a Ditto as a result of breeding under certain (hard) conditions.
For example if the Ditto parent (or both parents) is (are) holding a rare and expensive item, then the Egg would be a Ditto with the exact same IVs and Nature of the non-Ditto parent.

Thanks for reading!

That is never happening. It was occurring at one point due to a bug but Ditto will never be allowed to produce Ditto as offspring. There is also a 10 post minimum before you can post in suggestion box.

Wanted to throw this out thee when I first played at the end of last year I was in lavender town when I purchased my first comp for 40k and my second for 150k it was kinda fun being able to get into mercantilism while still being so new and unfortunately my com was stolen so I missed my shot at being one of the lucky people to abuse the breeding system...but anyway I can see where it would be frustrating starting in this new system and its frustrating for me bc now so many people are selling worthless junk in trade or they want a million$ I hope the trade hub fixes the problem of people spamming crap Pokemon

Wanted to throw this out thee when I first played at the end of last year I was in lavender town when I purchased my first comp for 40k and my second for 150k it was kinda fun being able to get into mercantilism while still being so new and unfortunately my com was stolen so I missed my shot at being one of the lucky people to abuse the breeding system...but anyway I can see where it would be frustrating starting in this new system and its frustrating for me bc now so many people are selling worthless junk in trade or they want a million$ I hope the trade hub fixes the problem of people spamming crap Pokemon

A Trade hub would definitely lower prices, as the competition would be side-by-side (think of two gas stations next to eachother). However, we will not see a return to the ridiculously low prices that were prevalent before they shutdown the old breeding. I'm a player that joined the game in early-mid 2013 and can safely say that I don't want those ridiculously low prices to return.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.