New breeding system. Megathread Discussion.

KingTsunami

The only way I can see this working "well" is if the wild pokemon have better iv's than just random. Cos right now those with old breeding comps have a huge advantage and those that latched onto them like leeches to borrow their breeders *cough* can no longer do so w/out losing their pokes. This has become a "single" player game rather than a team effort imo.

Also if something gets an egg move that needs to be transfered through more than 1 pokemon, its going to take a long time to get a good child with said egg move, should either make wild encounters have a chance to have a random egg move (like oras) or have an egg move tutor for money/ another colour shard.

The only way I can see this working "well" is if the wild pokemon have better iv's than just random. Cos right now those with old breeding comps have a huge advantage and those that latched onto them like leeches to borrow their breeders *cough* can no longer do so w/out losing their pokes. This has become a "single" player game rather than a team effort imo.

Also if something gets an egg move that needs to be transfered through more than 1 pokemon, its going to take a long time to get a good child with said egg move, should either make wild encounters have a chance to have a random egg move (like oras) or have an egg move tutor for money/ another colour shard.

if a server wipe were to happen, it would become an independent game instead of a "hang out with the rich kids with a 6x31 in every group, or suck at this game.  take your pick" game.  if no server wipe, eh the downside to old comps is they'll never be able to get new eggmoves/natures without fusion, which takes a lot of risk.  can't say if this is gonna be a good or bad update, but may the RNG be ever in our favor

Hum, remember how people was mad after the money update last year, but now it's became one of the best thing in game. I think this update will be difficult at the beginin but for sure after few times, lot of people will enjoy this new breed system. And you can consider this is a back at the original game, show how wild poks can be interesting and hunting for wild competitives pokemons can be funny. But it's just my opinion lol.

if a server wipe were to happen, it would become an independent game instead of a "hang out with the rich kids with a 6x31 in every group, or suck at this game.  take your pick" game.  if no server wipe, eh the downside to old comps is they'll never be able to get new eggmoves/natures without fusion, which takes a lot of risk.  can't say if this is gonna be a good or bad update, but may the RNG be ever in our favor

cause u totally can borrow breeders now with the update from the rich kids

Holy shit that one guy on that other thread hit the nail right on the head with this one. Im willing to give the system a chance tbh but idk.

First of all i see no reason gift and starter pokes cant be traded or bred. There is no need to make certain comp pokes that much harder to obtain than others. From a comp/meta standpoint this is the worse idea in the update imo. You can no longer reliably get a comp swampert, metagross, or eevee which are pokes that are required for a decent meta. Now pokemon renting may help mend this but we are going to need a better source of income to do this with if we are going to depend on that all of the time.

Second there should be a way to keep ur pokes if you wanted to, maybe by a consumable item it holds when it goes into the daycare.  I understand that the point of this is to deflate the pokemon and im sure it will work for some (pokemon horders like me will not be putting any of his comps in the daycare tho). You will only be able to put this item on one poke in the daycare making you lose the other. If you choose to use this item then you are not using the iv boosting item or an everstone on this poke greatly lowering ur chance of getting a good egg. If you dont do this for any ol poke at least give us an option to keep our dittos in some way or another. Dittos were never obtained through a too easy breed system the way other pokes were and they are harder to obtain period. But i think that we should have an item that allows this to work with any poke bc of the following point. 

Third letting ppl barrow pokes to breed was kind of a big thing on this game. It helped noobs catch up and created bonds btwn members of the community. Now that both parents are gone after a breed this practice will be gone. So combined with the above suggestion i think you should be able to flag pokemon to not be bred w/o that item when trading with a person. (You would need to make it obvious that this pokemon is being flagged to prevent trolls from flagging pokes they are actually selling.) If you have a flagged pokemon then you can not put it in the daycare to be bred w/o that item. If you do not choose to go with the suggestion above, which i doubt you will, then we should be able to flag pokes to not be allowed in the daycare when trading them so we can safely lend ppl comps. Again make it obvious that the pokemon is being flagged.

Edited by codylramey

Holy shit that one guy on that other thread hit the nail right on the head with this one. Im willing to give the system a chance tbh but idk. First of all i see no reason gift and starter pokes cant be traded or bred. There is no need to make certain comp pokes that much harder to obtain than others. From a comp/meta standpoint this is the worse idea in the update imo. You can no longer reliably get a comp swampert, metagross, or eevee which are pokes that are required for a decent meta. Now pokemon renting may help mend this but we are going to need a better source of income to do this with if we are going to depend on that all of the time.

These Pokemon are available in the wild.

The reason behind this decision was to prevent multiple alt runs and give new players the ability to proceed through the story without being hit by disobedience for a Pokemon they definitely leveled up themselves.

These Pokemon are available in the wild.

The reason behind this decision was to prevent multiple alt runs and give new players the ability to proceed through the story without being hit by disobedience.

I get that they are available in the wild and the disobedient thing but youre hindering the market by not allowing us to trade them and youre hindering comp play by not allowing us to refine them. (Unless i have misunderstood what has been said which tends to happen)

Edited by codylramey

I get that they are available in the wild and the disobedient thing but youre hindering the market by not allowing us to trade them and youre hindering comp play by not allowing us to refine them. (Unless i have misunderstood what has been said which tends to happen)

The ones caught in the wild are both tradeable and breedable.

The ones given out free with the storyline are not.

I think this is not the breeding system we need right now. With 200 hours of play now i have like 40 Comps with great IVs moveset etc.. . How many players can make all this with this new system ? I don't really care ' cause i have still loads of UTs in the box but this isn't the point. It will lock the competitive play with always the same players that have like 3-4 Lax, 2 Skarm, 4 Gengar etc.. . Even with like good Iv wild pokes etc.. none will ever sell comps , I if i breed a great Starmie i'm gonna keep it for myself instead of selling it. This will also slow greatly the Hoenn Meta.

I think this is not the breeding system we need right now. With 200 hours of play now i have like 40 Comps with great IVs moveset etc.. . How many players can make all this with this new system ? I don't really care ' cause i have still loads of UTs in the box but this isn't the point. It will lock the competitive play with always the same players that have like 3-4 Lax, 2 Skarm, 4 Gengar etc.. . Even with like good Iv wild pokes etc.. none will ever sell comps , I if i breed a great Starmie i'm gonna keep it for myself instead of selling it. This will also slow greatly the Hoenn Meta.

this is something that's bothering me too about this /nerf/ if it is a nerf.  Honestly I think I could do better with this breed system than the other, but I'll just have to try it out and see.

basically what I hear here from most people indirectly is "stop the progress, leave everything as it is" (and I'd like to remind you that it's a free to play game in alpha phase).
What other alternative is there for the devs to give the game as a whole a positive future direction than drastically making changes to a system that resulted in loads of 6x31 comps in about a year time? I'm aware and it's justified that many people are pissed about the fact that progress achieved by players with the previous breeding system will give certain top players and advantage, but why can't you at least try to see the big picture instead of stubornly pitying yourself while cursing the developers that put so much heart and effort into this game? What alternative did they have? I think the decision they've made is a big step forward, but it's worth the risk, the evolution of a game should not be hindered by the needs and wishes of individuals and their temporary personal gain and satisfaction.

and btw sorry if the point I'm trying to get across is a bit hard to understand, but I'm not a native english speaker

basically what I hear here from most people indirectly is "stop the progress, leave everything as it is" (and I'd like to remind you that it's a free to play game in alpha phase).
What other alternative is there for the devs to give the game as a whole a positive future direction than drastically making changes to a system that resulted in loads of 6x31 comps in about a year time? I'm aware and it's justified that many people are pissed about the fact that progress achieved by players with the previous breeding system will give certain top players and advantage, but why can't you at least try to see the big picture instead of stubornly pitying yourself while cursing the developers that put so much heart and effort into this game? What alternative did they have? I think the decision they've made is a big step forward, but it's worth the risk, the evolution of a game should not be hindered by the needs and wishes of individuals and their temporary personal gain and satisfaction.

and btw sorry if the point I'm trying to get across is a bit hard to understand, but I'm not a native english speaker

None here is saying "stop the progress" but develop a breeding system that fits the game right now. Not in a decade when fail UTs will be all gone. 

And the wishes of individuals are to protect new player and improve the competitive play and let everyone play it. This update dosen't touch me.

Edited by Dameion

If you don't enjoy playing there's no reason to stay, but you should try it out first.  I am sad to see you go :/

Well I'm a comp player so I need everytime new comps and if I can't breed easily or if I need to sac my breeders to hatch an egg , or even take the risk to sac some godlies breeder to hatch a shitty egg then yeah I don't have any reasons to stay there.

they could atleast let synchronize overworld effect work....

Well I'm a comp player so I need everytime new comps and if I can't breed easily or if I need to sac my breeders to hatch an egg , or even take the risk to sac some godlies breeder to hatch a shitty egg then yeah I don't have any reasons to stay there.

Wait until I get these mechanics down, or someone else does.  Someone is gonna make a guide saying "This is how you breed" and everyones gonna git gud.  If I happen to be the first one to get good at it, I'll make a guide as soon as I can lel.  If not i'll just dedicate an insane amount of time to perfecting someone elses and we can all have godly comps again

Just a Point i want to bring up that i want to hear discussed:

what u think about when all comps bred till the day of the update wouldnt be able to duel anymore but would be able to breed.

this would maybe close the gap between older and newer players a bit (consume some old comps) but would also not punish too hard if u invested everything in comps.

i dont demand this or anything its just a thing that came up my mind and i see down and up sides on it, thats why i wanted to share it as an idea :D

what u think about when all comps bred till the day of the update wouldnt be able to duel anymore but would be able to breed.

this would maybe close the gap between older and newer players a bit (consume some old comps) but would also not punish too hard if u invested everything in comps.

i dont demand this or anything its just a thing that came up my mind and i see down and up sides on it, thats why i wanted to share it as an idea :D

excellent idea in my opinion.. but what exactly do you mean by "being able to breed", unlimited breeding or being consumed after making an egg?

Edited by berzerk428

Ive thought about this, but they should do one or the other. Not both. Cant nerf breeding this hard AND do this to older players.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.