New breeding system. Megathread Discussion.

KingTsunami

I think the idea behind it is that you have to catch your comps now, and you can refine their stats and moves through effort and hard work rather than just grinding a reallylong time.  I don't think the idea behind this breeding is to have every comp a 6x31 (which hurts my perfectionist attitude when breeding) but to have a comp that you worked hard for, is worth something and will be worth something in the future, and to give a fair chance to anyone who wants to breed.  Beforehand breeding was only the rich who could afford good breeders could do it effectively, now anyone with some pokeballs and a fswiper can do it effectively.  I never got to experience CatchMMO, so i'm excited for this.

My only worry is that the people who already have comps and boxes full of "failed" 4x31s and stuff are going to stay on top of the competitive game whereas players that didn't have comps before this update will find it hard to keep up.  It all depends, and im sure someones gonna find a technique to do this new breeding in a more efficient way. 

but lets say you want a comp kabutops, whats the process here,

you get 1 storyline but lets assume it sucks balls, you can't trade for another so you have to wait for a swarm or whatever way they are implemented in the wild and grind your ass off for a decent iv one, to breed it up with another decent poke you caught in same eggroup while sacrificing some items?

seems like a whole lot of work, but maybe thats the point ?

glad im a hoarder and have legit 9 boxes full of shit to use.

Edited by flavajabari

As it was said, this system wants to be fair but it won't be. People are going to save their godlies, and noobs won't be able to win with semi catch pokemons. Also, players who have lots of breeders may are going to use one sometimes to do a very good comp with the items needed. Then only those players will have the new godlies and beat noobs.

Edited by XPLOZ

As it was said, this system wants to be fair but it won't be. People are going to save their godlies, and noobs won't be able to win with semi catch pokemons. Also, players who have lots of breeders may are going to use one sometimes to do a very good comp with the items needed. Then only thoses players will have the new godlies and beat noobs.

I call for a server wipe so rich people can't stay rich, and instead they can just quit \o/

I didn't talk about that but what about the pokemons like metagross ? As it was said they are stuff given in the story. Then we won't be able to trade them or to breed them. Will only very lucky players (or extrem scrubers with rerolls lol) be able to use them as comps and beat everyone ?

EDIT : maybe something to do with swarms

Edited by XPLOZ

I didn't talk about that but what about the pokemons like metagross ? As it was said they are stuff given in the story. Then we won't be able to trade them or to breed them. Will only very lucky players (or extrem scrubers with rerolls lol) be able to use them as comps and beat everyone ?

yea you can not trade storyline pokes but they will be available in the wild, no detaills how yet.

I kinda touched up on the idea that a flag will be set on "Gifted" pokes, and only that poke.  This means previously owned pokes that you got pre-update will be unaffected and be tradeable.  I DO NOT know if this is how it is gonna be, but it seems to be the most logical way to do this so that you don't screw anyone with a /gifted/ shiny or comp.

so did all good hiddenpower pokes just quadruppled in value?

i think yes.

I think no. Hidden power is much easier to manipulate with this system, since you can pretty much guarantee the even/odd combinations if you know what you're doing. 

for example, say i had a male 30/30/30/30/30/31 modest pressure aerodactyl, and a female 30/30/30/30/31/31 jolly rock head aerodactyl. 

give the male the power item for sp.def, give the female an everstone, and your baby comes 30/30/30/30/30/31 Jolly Rock Head.

I understand that this is an extreme case which would require a lot of work to lead up to in the first place, but still, it's just an example of how IVs are easier to manipulate for Hidden power now.

EDIT: All in all, this system adds a whole lot more bullshit to getting comps, along with fucking over new players in a terrible way. Also this new breeding really takes quite a bit of thought and math to figure out what you should use for breeders, and quite frankly that really makes this seem a lot less fun. I understand that from an MMO aspect, this might be a step in the right direction, but from a Pokemon aspect this is kinda shit. 

Edited by Rigamorty

I think no. Hidden power is much easier to manipulate with this system, since you can pretty much guarantee the even/odd combinations if you know what you're doing. 

for example, say i had a male 30/30/30/30/30/31 modest pressure aerodactyl, and a female 30/30/30/30/31/31 jolly rock head aerodactyl. 

give the male the power item for sp.def, give the female an everstone, and your baby comes 30/30/30/30/30/31 Jolly Rock Head.

I understand that this is an extreme case which would require a lot of work to lead up to in the first place, but still, it's just an example of how IVs are easier to manipulate for Hidden power now.

yea i just realized this here, so nvm that post.

its pretty legit to sacrifice a nice breeder for a sweet hp comp with 31's confirmed where you want them, 100% nature, 80% ability on mother, mfw i'll get the wrong ability.

but yea i can roll with this.

yea i just realized this here, so nvm that post.

its pretty legit to sacrifice a nice breeder for a sweet hp comp with 31's confirmed where you want them, 100% nature, 80% ability on mother, mfw i'll get the wrong ability.

but yea i can roll with this.

to do it you need very precise numbers on the IVs, and once the current breeders that are around get all used up this is gonna get real shit real fast.

better make your comps now while the 7x31 pokes are still in trade chat, once they all get used you're fucked. 

Just looked at the changes made to the breeding system, all I can say is what in the hell...?

Unless you have enough time on your hands to grind for them, good comp Hoenn Pokémon are going to be much harder to come by now, and there is going to exist a significant gap between pre-update and post-update comps for quite some time after Hoenn's official release.

I guess we can only trust the vision the devs have to hopefully rebalance breeding, but I don't really like the sound of it so far.

EDIT: All in all, this system adds a whole lot more bullshit to getting comps, along with fucking over new players in a terrible way. Also this new breeding really takes quite a bit of thought and math to figure out what you should use for breeders, and quite frankly that really makes this seem a lot less fun. I understand that from an MMO aspect, this might be a step in the right direction, but from a Pokemon aspect this is kinda shit. 

Is not that bad for new players in a middle-long term if you are planning to do a full wipe Soon™.

This is very bad for new players because before they could (after learning basics) join a team and be helped by old players who lend some breeders.Then they could increase there breeds and join a better team with better breeders etc etc... Now do you think that old players will give a 5x31 to help a noob making a competitive pokemon ?

Edited by XPLOZ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.