New breeding system. Megathread Discussion.

KingTsunami

wait, i dont even understand, are you telling me that the daycare man robs our shit if we want to get a MAYBE good egg? that's probably the stupidest shit i've ever heard. 

you can kinda decide 3 iv's to be passed on but yea the others might suck balls & you'll lose your everstone, parents and some brace

Idk, i guess my question is, do you only get one egg, or can you continue to breed with the consumed parents until you want to breed something else?

If it is the former, I think this is way too grind intensive and should be looked at again.

If it is the latter, I think it could be a good system. It would encourage people to choose a "profession" as it were and have them focus on their market pokemon, enriching the economy and helping trade.

I guess time and some testing will tell.

Edited by BenGorgon

The way i see this system working at a glance is as follows:

Hunt for parents in the wild with 1-2*31 with at least one competitve nature.
Spend the Yen for refinement items.
Breed, hope Rng is on your side.
Fail, get shite, repeat until success
Now you potentially have a 3-4*31 poke, hopefully the right stats...

It is not like you are going to breed with that, the margin for failure is too high from what I can see. But what have you accomplished for either the metagame or the economy? From what I can see, not a lot. After such efforts, it is doubtful you will want to sell it or do it again.

You also have not effected any real change on the grade of competition pokemon, just made the barrier for new players much steeper and more time intensive, while simply annoying your current player base with senseless grinding....

This is just my initial reaction. I look forward to trying it out first hand, but on paper, it does not seem like something that is advantageous or fun for any class of player.

Edited by BenGorgon

So, with them new items and stuff, where do you get them from? Where can you get new everstones and new braces or whatever they are

You can purchase braces from the lady sitting at the table at each DayCare.

Everstones can be found on Wild Geodude and Graveler. (If you know where to look, there is a place where they hold a collective 70% encounter rate).

to be honest the new system does sound kinda cool if worked properly.

Its a mix between catchmmo and breeding, you go out and catch some pokes with good ivs and you mesh em together piece by piece with the guaranteed IV transfer bands. Havent got around to trying it yet but it could be cool I guess

i agree, there is only 1 very big problem in here that is the fact that there is alot godlies out there already because of the previous breeding system, which means decent pokes is not useable at comp anymore as they was in the old days -.- Making a godly comp with this system is possible but i will take a lot of grinding -.- i predict the most active players will spend 1 week making a single comp with this system -.- Which is too much grindMMO for me

Edited by JonazDK

so did all good hiddenpower pokes just quadruppled in value?

i think yes.

and genderless still only ditto?

so a good hp fire mag is worth like 2 shiny ponyta now?

while my godly ditto's are basicly worthless now? because i can only use it once?

idk what to think about all this

Edited by flavajabari

i agree, there is only 1 very big problem in here that is the fact that there is alot godlies out there already because of the previous breeding system, which means decent pokes is not useable at comp anymore as they was in the old days -.- Making a godly comp with this system is possible but i will take a lot of grinding -.- i predict the most active players will spend 1 week making a single comp with this system -.- Which is too much grindMMO for me

True that, if you not invest a lot of time in it the gap between the comps you already own and the new hoenn comps is just too big.

I think the idea behind it is that you have to catch your comps now, and you can refine their stats and moves through effort and hard work rather than just grinding a reallylong time.  I don't think the idea behind this breeding is to have every comp a 6x31 (which hurts my perfectionist attitude when breeding) but to have a comp that you worked hard for, is worth something and will be worth something in the future, and to give a fair chance to anyone who wants to breed.  Beforehand breeding was only the rich who could afford good breeders could do it effectively, now anyone with some pokeballs and a fswiper can do it effectively.  I never got to experience CatchMMO, so i'm excited for this.

My only worry is that the people who already have comps and boxes full of "failed" 4x31s and stuff are going to stay on top of the competitive game whereas players that didn't have comps before this update will find it hard to keep up.  It all depends, and im sure someones gonna find a technique to do this new breeding in a more efficient way. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.