[Art] [Writing] [Contest] A Legendary Contest

Uroko

XU3cZUM.png

Theme:
A trainer has encountered a Legendary Pokemon! Which one? What led to this momentous occasion? What happens next? That is up to you, the authors and artists of PokeMMO, to work as a team to decide, depict and describe!

Rules:

• Must be entered with a partner. One must be the author and the other one the artist.
  • Only one entry per user. A single person cannot work on multiple entries. Posts may be edited until the end of the contest.
  • Entries are only to be submitted during the contest. Late entries will not be accepted.
  • Each post must contain both entrants' in-game names. Additionally, each user must post at least once in this thread.
  • The entry has to be completely original. No alterations of existing images or stories can be used.
  • Of course, all forum rules must be upheld.

Writing:
A maximum of 2000 words is allowed.

There is no minimum word count.

Any format is accepted.
TwypYBg.png

Art:
A minimum of 2 images must be submitted.

There is no maximum image count.

No size restrictions apply.

Any medium is accepted.
zYRJbfD.png

Judging criteria:

The writing portion will be judged based on:

• Grammar/spelling
  • Quality of work
  • Effort

The art portion will be judged based on:

• How well the images illustrate what's happening in the story
  • Quality of work
  • Effort

The collaboration aspect will be judged based on:

• How well the art and writing portions complement each other
  • Originality and creativity
  • Adherence to the topic and rules
  • Overall appeal

Prizes:

1st place: 100 of each shard, split between the pair.

v8RalyX.png

2nd place: 100 blue and 40 green shards split between the pair.

0ENO578.png

3rd place: 60 blue shards, split between the pair.

5En8eqs.png

Start date:

The moment it was posted.

End Date & Time:

January 25th 2015, 11:59PM GMT

JudgesZehkarxGilanxInarin

Thanks to:

[spoiler]RacheLucario, for the thread, the thiefers, and many hours of listening to me as I slowly progressed through these shards..

Gilan for the subject and judging, as well as the other two who are judging, Zehkar, and Inarin.

Feravyne for the majority of the grading points.

TheGloriousWalrus for a very generous 40 green shard donation

And all of the community that got involved with the suggestion topic that brought all of this together.[/spoiler]

Edited by Uroko

Question about the rules. Is an original story about a pre-existing trainer acceptable?

As long as it's your original work, and not using someone else's story.

For example, using a character template such as Red from the official Manga or a PokeMMO character you or your partner have created would probably be accepted, but using a character from, say, a Nuzlocke comic you've read would not.

Only guessing here though. #UrokoPlsHalp

Sorry guys, i went out fishing IRL. Time to get to the questions, some easier than others.

i am just curious but i really need to know this have you hunted all these shards all by yourself?

Yes, though I had a great deal of help from Rachel in the form of 3 pokemon in the right level thief range, made this worlds easier.

Question about the rules. Is an original story about a pre-existing trainer acceptable?

I think I will go with Inarin on this, as long as the story itself is entirely original I don't see why not. 

As long as it's your original work, and not using someone else's story.

For example, using a character template such as Red from the official Manga or a PokeMMO character you or your partner have created would probably be accepted, but using a character from, say, a Nuzlocke comic you've read would not.

Only guessing here though. #UrokoPlsHalp

Is Uroko, Munya by anychance?

Yes

Edited by Uroko

Haven't gotten a edit of the shard image yet but thanks to a donation by TheGloriusWalrus, second place will now get an additional 40 green shards. 

I assume as long as nothing is taken away from the prize, nobody will complain.

This is bullshit. I already started writing for the original prize, and now I've gotta scrap everything?

2000 words is shorter than most short stories. How about 10k maximum at least? That's only like 15ish pages. If a story doesn't entertain you then it's probably not a winner- and its not like whoever's judging is going to have to read hundreds of stories.... (is it?)

This was all discussed a few weeks ago in a thread of its own. Even if I wanted to(I don't) the rules have been set and people have already started, it would be to late to change them.

Part of it, explained to me by various people, had to do with not wanting the judges to have to read novels(what you said may have been true, perhaps there were some less appealing novels that would have been done, but they would still have had to read it all to properly judge). Part had to do with the difference between what a person could do with 2000 words vs what a person could do with a novel is vastly different and I suppose wouldn't be fair.  If anybody else wants to comment on it feel free to.

Edited by Uroko