[Comp Guide] Defensive Play Guide

Now here my plan for a awesome double battle ..must have a fast jolteon or electrode..
Choose slaking and jolteon...use skill swap on your own partner slaking...congratulations a slaking without a truant =a monster no defense can stop
People here use ideas of past time ...you must learn to create ur own original ideas like this

If all you have is walls and your opponent has perish trapper anything you gonna have a salty, salty time.

Pretty sure whirlwind lax / roar steelix etc solve this problem. Any person who enjoys walling must have a roarer to prevent things from setting up.

Now here my plan for a awesome double battle ..must have a fast jolteon or electrode..
Choose slaking and jolteon...use skill swap on your own partner slaking...congratulations a slaking without a truant =a monster no defense can stop
People here use ideas of past time ...you must learn to create ur own original ideas like this

1) It's a little hypocritic when you tell people to invent their own ideas when your idea isn't "original". The strategy you've mentioned is a well known one and still doesn't necessarily guarantee a win.

2) It has absolutely no relevance to this thread.

• 8 months later...

I've wondered at times if I should try to update this. When you write a dueling guide you can tend to ask yourself if you're good enough at a game to try to give advice to others. At least, I definitely do. The guide also got a lot of thumbs down when it was in the work-in-progress section, so I am not even sure how many people found it useful. But, this guide was written before the split so it is outdated to some degree. For example: solrock is not nearly as viable anymore, and marowak is much less common. Nevertheless, the basic ideas of the general play style remain the same - in that way, the guide is accurate.

edit: edited the pictures and added some pics. ^_^

Edited by bl0nde

I've wondered at times if I should try to update this. When I first wrote it, it got a lot of thumbs down so I am not even sure if anyone finds it useful. This guide was also written before the split. For example, solrock is not nearly as viable anymore. However, the basic ideas of the general play style remain the same.

Well to be honest defensive is still something really used, I'm not a fan but I don't think this a bad guide at all, for those who want to learn defensive playstyle I think is really useful 

• Zehkar locked this topic