Ask Nationality/Language Upon Account Creation

Gilan

Question

So, it really annoys me when people talk in languages that I don't understand when I only have English and Spanish chats visible. I think it would be a good idea to ask new accounts, upon creation, what language they speak so that they can automatically be put in the correct chat language. Cause it is too difficult to tell them to click on the British flag and change it themselves.

You pick the one native to you and then modify it the way you wish, this isn't to lock people out of the english channels its to help keep things that aren't a specific language out of channels it doesn't belong in.

Β 

So there's no sense of doing that, if you are going to switch the language yourself later, that's like an "anti-point" for that suggestion

So there's no sense of doing that, if you are going to switch the language yourself later, that's like an "anti-point" for that suggestion

Β 

No, because there are some that don't understand how to change there language, the point is for those to get filtered into the correct channels.

No, because there are some that don't understand how to change there language, the point is for those to get filtered into the correct channels.

Β 

so is not better like a "guide" explaining how the GUI works? like when you use your smartphone first time and you have everything explained.

this way you won't have problems only with switching languages.

I don't get what you mean with "easier".

Because not everyone goes to the forums. And when these people don't natively speak English, they may not even understand the guides that we have posted here on the forums.

Β 

Β 

the point is for those to get filtered into the correct channels.

This is what I am getting at.

Because not everyone goes to the forums. And when these people don't natively speak English, they may not even understand the guides that we have posted here on the forums.

Β 

Β 

I was not mean an forum guide... More like a guided tour when you turn on the game for first time, explain how the GUI works etc... comprende?

Edited by Greck

I was not mean an forum guide... More like a guided tour when you turn on the game for first time, explain how the GUI works etc... comprende?

Well in that case, it would be far more complicated... What I'm proposing is a simple: "Select your language *drop down list of all supported languages*"

Β 

A full on guide is something that needs to be done, and it surely could include informing them how to switch between language channels, but I believe this should be separate.

Well in that case, it would be far more complicated... What I'm proposing is a simple: "Select your language *drop down list of all supported languages*"

Β 

A full on guide is something that needs to be done, and it surely could include informing them how to switch between language channels, but I believe this should be separate.

Β 

But again, i don't see the "complexity" of that case. What wrong with a guided tour? do you think people can't read or see an explanation of something?

How often do you read the guides and not skip them in games, and if they made it mandatory, then anytime someone makes a new character they would have to go through that entire thing all over again.

Β 

Why new character? i think it can be client based... Also do you think people is enough stupid to just "skip" and explanation of something that they don't know how its work?

But again, i don't see the "complexity" of that case. What wrong with a guided tour? do you think people can't read or see an explanation of something?

You get in the issue of language again. Just asking them what language they speak with a drop down list is simple enough. Having to create multilingual tutorials takes a lot of effort and work...

The language issue, I agree with Glan with this, we need a language option. 90% of the staff only know English, so why don't we just ask where the newbs are from. Israel = Hebrew; America = English/Spanish; Canada = French; Iphone language = random smiles :) and other text message language. I mean just ask the person when they first get into the game. We need a more diverse game! Lets do it guys!

Greck new Kellar confirmed.

Β 

First client boot pop up asking for your languague would be great, those who knows 2 or more can chage it anytime like now... since they know how to...

Languague issues have been ignored way too much imo.

Β 

Language issues have beed ignored? no no, staff said "If you don't speak english, you can't play this game". I think they don't igonre it, they just expect everyone in the game speak english, and know how to change their languages.

;-;

This suggestion isn't for the purpose of solving all language issues in the game. I simply just wanted a feature that helped fix the issue of having non-english speakers speaking in english labled chat.

;-;

This suggestion isn't for the purpose of solving all language issues in the game. I simply just wanted a feature that helped fix the issue of having non-english speakers speaking in english labled chat.

Β 

Do you have some problems reading words in other langauges? may you can learn some of those kurwa. Anyways why don't get an automatic mechanism that change the language label itself, this way noone have to change it manually.