[Confirmed] White color on hair/clothes

I could also be entirely wrong, but until one of the staff that would know replies, who knows.  Even if I am right they could give some info on why it is or isn't possible.

I believe I've touched upon this before somewhere, although I'm unable to find the thread.

Personally, I would like to include white as a colour option. (I also want to alter the exists colours to be more/less prominent but that is a story for another day).

The reason white is not included as a colour currently is because all of the colours are handled by a colour overlay or a 'tint'.

Essentially, when creating a vanity item, it is made to be grayscale.

This is because gray is a colour that fits nicely between the 'too dark' and 'too light' range and works nicely with a colour overlay.

Colours are handled this way to preserve space.

When a player selects a colour they would like, the overlay is applied over the top of the item - but the item itself is still gray.

It is not however possible to apply a 'white' overlay to the colour gray without making it look 'faded'. (Think of how images look when you turn up the 'lightness' option in Photoshop if you're familiar with that).

There are however other possibilities of implementing the colour white:

• One of these is having a white version of every item alongside the gray version of each item; This however takes up an unnecessary amount of space.
  • The other is doing a full 'colour replace' on the shades of gray when the white option is selected; This would appear to the most efficient way.

The latter is something we may look into when there is less to do.

I understand. You guys should remove the grayscale when the colour white is selected. The grey is not needed to fit nicely with 'too dark' or 'too light' because white is white. (Just noticed you suggested this in the latter possible implementations) but yeah or add it so its faded i don't even mind, faded is pretty cool, just give me something other than these primary and secondary colours

I understand. You guys should remove the grayscale when the colour white is selected. The grey is not needed to fit nicely with 'too dark' or 'too light' because white is white. (Just noticed you suggested this in the latter possible implementations) but yeah or add it so its faded i don't even mind, faded is pretty cool, just give me something other than these primary and secondary colours

You misunderstand somewhat; we don't load the items in grayscale, they are designed in grayscale with a specific set of grays. i.e they are all gray by default.

I can definitely understand your desire for more colour options and white in particular, but a white overlay would not look good at all.

We're aware white is something the players want however, so we'll see what we can do.