Donator Status : Increase Payday and NPC Payout

FlareBlitzz

Question

As we all know, donator status exists for the sole purpose of making grinding easy for us, which '+25% exp, 10% Egg Hatching and +10% Shiny Encounter' are evidence of.

My suggestion is that there should be a +X% Increase in Payday and NPC payouts so it's easier to grind money.

I hope that this has not been suggested earlier, as I searched and couldn't find anything related to it.

If you liked my suggestion, please leave a Like.

Thanks for reading, 

Have a good day.

Edited by FlareBlitzz

25 answers to this question

I support this! Actually I don't find donator status too appealing right now but with that plus could be something more interesting and people will really think about buying it because if u buy it and u don't get a shiny it doesn't matter, you could use payday a lot and grind a loot of money :D

Support (y)

I don't support this - money should be hard to get. Implementing this would just decrease the value of money, making new users worthless, and making it slightly more unfair to them, defeating Brock gets you like $840pokeyen, if you increase the payout, you don't even need to kill more than two Fearows to earn this amount with Payday. It would be harder/more frustrating for new users to build/buy their team - users quitting. If they do implement this, then setting the delay on receiving the next egg from the old man would be pointless, since it's kind of the same objective. If they allow this, remove the delay!

this is just flat out paid to win, which I will never support.

Also, making money easier to get doesn't solve things. You are trading effort, and the current medium we use to trade effort is pokeyen. If you make pokeyen easier to get, all that means is that you are going to need more of it to represent the same amount of effort. It would also mean that people who have their wealth invested in pokemon and items would become much richer than those who have the bulk of their wealth in pokeyen.

Why are people so anti pay to win or whatever, people get donator status -> more money for the developers -> makes the developers happy -> they release more updates -> everyone wins

Because it's very unfair. People are able to bring in factors (not equal to everyone) outside of the game... Basically an uneven playing field. Edited by xGilanx

Why are people so anti pay to win or whatever, people get donator status -> more money for the developers -> makes the developers happy -> they release more updates -> everyone wins

We like money. A lot, actually. But we're pretty against this particular suggestion for the time being, mostly because the pokebux system is volatile and being actively worked on.

If you want a way to turn your cash into pokebux, I heard hats were pretty valuable these days.

Edit-

Another note on thinking about it, I'm not much of a fan of increasing the rate of money generated in the world, even if behind a paywall. I'm more in favour of the Hats-style of giving value to Cash, where it is always proportional to the current economy and what players value it as.

We like money. A lot, actually. But we're pretty against this particular suggestion for the time being, mostly because the pokebux system is volatile and being actively worked on.

If you want a way to turn your cash into pokebux, I heard hats were pretty valuable these days.

Edit-

Another note on thinking about it, I'm not much of a fan of increasing the rate of money generated in the world, even if behind a paywall. I'm more in favour of the Hats-style of giving value to Cash, where it is always proportional to the current economy and what players value it as.

yesss pls make us some new hats

Darkshade pls respond

EDIT:

Maybe make Cloud Nest Hat obtainable so Riga can stop rubbing it in my face

Edited by RysPicz

What if the bump in Payday / NPC payout is very little as to not make a lot of difference but just for the sake of providing an additional mini benefit so people have a little more reason to buy the Donator Status ?

no. I think what would be better is some sort of donator outfit, which you unlock more of the outfit the more donator status you buy.
1. Donator hat
2. Donator mask / glasses
3. Donator shirt
4. Donator gloves
5. Donator bike (first bike skin)
6. Donator hair?
These items are only obtainable through buying donator status. I dunno... Just a spitball idea. (I'm not against making donator status more appealing, but I am against direct p2w and increasing payday/npc payouts).

Not everyone is going to go all out and blow $100 on Donator Status @Gilan lol...

Umm... I know some people who do... I wouldn't expect everyone to blow 100 lol. I'm just making a suggestion about what would make donator status more appealing (and an incentive to buy it multiple times) without the paid to win environment that I fear a buff to payday/npc payouts would create...

Please explain how it was a bad idea.

Because you are already going through the fainting and switching pokemon animation, you aren't spending much more time in a battle with trainer(with pokemon much lower level than the pokemon in icefall cave for the majority of the game), the time difference isn't big enough to make it enough of a difference to matter.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, forgot the trainers scaling, still isn't a huge difference.  Only difference is i can 1hit 90% of the time in icefall cave with payday and almost never in scaled trainer battles most likely.

EDIT2: It should be 1 payday per pokemon in a trainer battle, not payment for every payday used, is what I was getting at.

Edited by Uroko

I think it would take less effort in the end, though. Which would mess up prices and relative wealth between players.

The only benefit to a buff to payday is Trainer tower entrance fees, and other fees, would become relatively cheaper (assuming they don't scale to the new economy).

My point is, why change something that is currently working A-OK, especially if that change may have some undesirable outcomes?