Rework Amnesia Brace

Akshit

Question

On 12/23/2018 at 11:11 AM, Bestfriends said:

Good morning fellow citizens, I hope you all are doing well. Making the Amnesia Brace tradable sounds like a good idea. As a person who use to have an EV Training service in 2014, I can vouch for the authenticity of this idea. Back then, I use to be one of the few owners of an Amnesia Brace and the demand was high, so I had to charge 200k per pokemon I trained. If this item was able to be traded around, then my service would cost a lot less.

Hide contents

Please do not ask me to EV Train your pokemon. My schedule is quite tight due to my Mayoral duties. I want to close out 2018 on a strong note and hope to tackle 2019 with the same amount of determination and willpower. Stay tuned for more detail on this development.

2019 is your year @Bestfriends make it count bro!

So when we introduced the item we realized an extremely obvious issue, the item is a niche use utility item. Meaning you only need it for very short periods of time. A single tradable amnesia brace would be bought from the GTL for $X, used for a short while and then instantly relisted for $X. (Or just shared with a large team/friend group)

This means nobody ever really needs to pay (Either ingame or RP) for the item.

The two ideas to make this item viable were either tradelocking it or making it consumable. For better or worse, we chose the former.

Even if we rework the item into a consumable, the preexisting versions will not be changed. Users bought an infinite usage item with a trade restrictions, we're not taking that away from people who like this. Nor would we give a free new item for users who already got usage out of their old versions.

39 minutes ago, Desu said:

So when we introduced the item we realized an extremely obvious issue, the item is a niche use utility item. Meaning you only need it for very short periods of time. A single tradable amnesia brace would be bought from the GTL for $X, used for a short while and then instantly relisted for $X. (Or just shared with a large team/friend group)

The two ideas to make this item viable were either tradelocking it or making it consumable. For better or worse, we chose the former.

Even if we rework the item into a consumable, the preexisting versions will not be changed. Users bought an infinite usage item with a trade restrictions, we're not taking that away from people who like this. Nor would we give a free new item for users who already got usage out of their old versions.

But can't you say the same about certain items like ocarinas for example? I do understand it is less niche, but I mean, EV selling services probably would profit a lot if they could straight buy one from the market, so I do see a possibility for a non stall market on them, just like for every other RP item.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:01 AM, Desu said:

When this item was introduced GTL did not even exist, even pokeyen wasn't tradeable. So I doubt the it being bought from GTL for $X and being relisted was an issue.

And even though it is a niche use utility item, really doubt someone would buy a 10$ item and trade it off after use. Cause by that logic, same should happen with lucky eggs, exp share, vanity items not being worn by the user, etc... But still, few cases aside, most people tend to retain what they have for future use. And Amnesia Brace is one of those items, which would always be in use, especially these days with LC existing and many people not willing to evolve / level some pokemon.

Somebody needs to pay for it to be gotten off the shop in the first place though. And like I said before, this is not a single use item, so really doubt people would be trading it off instantly after use, and would be retained like ocarinas, vanity, etc.

Doubt anyone would have paid $10 for a consumable item even back then, & especially right now, where using it to train a pokemon drives you near insane.

I personally own RP items (vanity mostly) worth 1000s of $, yet never spent any irl money simply cause I do not have access to online banking. And I know many more people who face the same issue. Had to wait years to win RP through PVE events to finally buy an Amnesia Brace. Due to you guys not making it tradeable, you are missing out on a whole market of people who want to own it and would gladly pay someone to buy it for them, but can't.

Not changing the preexisting versions is fine and understandable.

Let us talk about the present and future though.

You did not address one of the main issue, making it transfer EVs like an Exp Share.

Because when this item was introduced, hordes did not even exist, so it made sense back then using it to train 1 poke at a time, cause pokemon holding it would do a single encounter and could probably kill it. LC did not exist either, and only Gen 1 was there, with hardly any cases where you needed to prevent a pokemon from evolving. The only time it was needed was to prevent something from going beyond level 50.

Making it transfer EVs like an Exp. Share would only increase the sales for you guys too, cause of the following reasons:

• Most people would own more than one Amnesia Brace, and for professional EV trainers and LC players, etc... Probably own atleast 5 of them. 
  • Due to level cap existing, even non LC players / non EV trainers would buy it, to prepare their pokemon for a region they are yet to try out.
  • LC aside, for UU or NU at times, pokemon have to be trained while preventing evolution, so another good reason for players to buy it, etc.

The way amnesia brace requires the pokemon to be in battle for it to gain EVs, it is way too time consuming.. More than time consuming, it is just straight up irritating, since the horde killer will have to take 5 hits from the horde pokemon every time it is switched out. And in most cases where more than one pokemon have to be trained in similar way, it just makes one not use Amnesia Brace at all and just go with 5 Exp Shares instead, to lower Exp gain, since training using Amnesia Brace is cancer. But even then there is a risk of pokemon evolving or leveling up beyond the desired level. And while Amnesia Brace is there to solve this issue, it is not used simply because one cannot buy it and also cause using it is the worst grinding experience game to offer. And for a $10 RP item, which is supposed to help a player, RIP.

tl;dr, rework it, make it tradeable and transfer EVs like Exp. Share... And you'll see for yourself that its sales are increasing, generating more income for you guys and making life of poketrainers better all across the game.

Edited by Akshit
3 hours ago, Quakkz said:

still dont get why this is such a big issue, bump

Because training LCs or pokemon for a specific level cap is still pretty tough, and using Amnesia Brace (which is still a 10$ / 1k RP item) is cancer asf, and even if you make it through the irritating method when against hordes...  you still cannot train more than one pokemon at a time. The benefits of a better item or reworked Amnesia Brace for players as well as for staff is enormous, as mentioned in the OP... Don't even need to make it tradeable, just end this suffering for trainers ;-;

@Kyu @Squirtle @Desu

BQCRTat.png

14 minutes ago, Akshit said:

New point:

Even If a level 100 lead is holding Amnesia Brace, full Exp. should go to the pokemon holding Exp. Share, instead of getting the usual 50%.

Makes no sense when the lead is supposed to not get any Exp, where is the other 50% going then ? Please fix this. 

100% this. It's always bugged me that 50% of the EXP is just lost.

9 hours ago, LilLaNm said:

Literally, I bought the article thinking that it would be useful to level up my pokemons and when farming a horde, it still gives you 50% xp. Anyway, 10 dollars in the trash.

The amount of money I've made selling amnesia brace training services is outright obscene and worth a ton more than 1k RP. You just got to be smart about it. :shrug: