Rework Amnesia Brace

Akshit

Question

New update & still nothing about this.

Perhaps its time to rework this & make it transfer EVs like an Exp Share ?

If it transfers EVs like an Exp. Share... sales would increase as many would own more than one.

And with LC level 5 OCD, many would (me personally) love to own 5 of these so can train more LC comps at a time.

And people who sell RPs for ingame currency would now have another 1k RP item to sell.

Do not worry about sales being cut, they would only increase if the item is reworked and made easier to use.

People would buy it a lot cause:

• OCD to have level 5 LC Comps
  • Prevent evolution while training the LC comp
  • Help EV train a pokemon for a region they are yet to start & have low max level obedience there
  • level 1 fully EV trained magikarp, yolo personal reasons

With pokemons able to learn moves from higher level too using move relearner now, many would like have level 5 LC comps, as well as rid themselves of the stress of them evolving while training them. It would benefit both the player base as well as you guys.

@Kyu @Desu @Shu @Squirtle

Copy from discord:

Mons that u use to hold amnesia brace are usually the one u want to keep at low level and they can't solo a horde.

Wish to rework this & make it transfer EVs like an Exp Share.

I would like to own a level 1 fully EV trained magikarp.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, Akshit said:

New update & still nothing about this.

Perhaps its time to rework this & make it transfer EVs like an Exp Share ?

If it transfers EVs like an Exp. Share... sales would increase as many would own more than one.

And with LC level 5 OCD, many would (me personally) love to own 5 of these so can train more LC comps at a time.

And people who sell RPs for ingame currency would now have another 1k RP item to sell.

Do not worry about sales being cut, they would only increase if the item is reworked and made easier to use.

People would buy it a lot cause:

• OCD to have level 5 LC Comps
  • Prevent evolution while training the LC comp
  • Help EV train a pokemon for a region they are yet to start & have low max level obedience there
  • level 1 fully EV trained magikarp, yolo personal reasons

With pokemons able to learn moves from higher level too using move relearner now, many would like have level 5 LC comps, as well as rid themselves of the stress of them evolving while training them. It would benefit both the player base as well as you guys.

@Kyu @Desu @Shu @Squirtle

Since this would earn them more money they might do something about it now i would like to have a fully ev trained team when the new region come (i know it's not comming that soon but still never to soon to start the team)

On 5/2/2018 at 12:04 PM, DumbBot said:

Copy from discord:

Mons that u use to hold amnesia brace are usually the one u want to keep at low level and they can't solo a horde.

Wish to rework this & make it transfer EVs like an Exp Share.

I would like to own a level 1 fully EV trained magikarp.

Its just like Ev training b4 hordes.

-> Put it in the 1st slot of party

-> Use sweet scent

-> change to other horde and kill the pokemons

-> it still get EVs

My question is: Does Amnesia brace doubles EVs obtained too right ? (otherwise this is bs)

13 minutes ago, Risadex said:

My question is: Does Amnesia brace doubles EVs obtained too right ? (otherwise this is bs)

Amnesia Brace holder does not get double EVs.

Also using horde to EV train an Amnesia Brace holder is irritating asf, since the holder is usually a very weak pokemon, so you have to switch to a new one, who will have to take 3 or 5 hits from the horde pokemons before being able to faint them.

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

Since this would earn them more money they might do something about it now i would like to have a fully ev trained team when the new region come (i know it's not comming that soon but still never to soon to start the team)

Given how long this suggestion has been ignored, chances are Sinnoh / Johto (or both) will come before this happens :p

Edited by Akshit
28 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Also using horde to EV train an Amnesia Brace holder is irritating asf, since the holder is usually a very weak pokemon, so you have to switch to a new one, who will have to take 3 or 5 hits from the horde pokemons before being able to faint them.

I've made the comparisson with Macho brace lead vs exp share way.

Advantage is pick up items, but u still take more time to make it if notspenting berries

What's good! New to the forums, and back to the game with a new account years after initially playing  :)

I'm very curious as to why all of the items available in the Gift Shop, including Donator Tickets, can be purchased with in game resources through one means or another, save for the Amnesia Brace. After the conversation came up in Global, I felt inclined to start a thread, but I see now that this question has been asked for years. Surely, there must be a rationale for the decision to mark the Amnesia Brace as 'Untradeable', and we can speculate on that, but it'd be nice to know for certain the vindicating argument.

I'm not against it as long as it's reasonably justified, and in all honestly, I'll most likely pay for one soon whether or not the decision to limit the availability of the Amnesia Brace is extenuated.

This doesn't upset me because I'm ok with paying. I'm just curious why I HAVE to.

Maybe it's really as simple as that. I'd like to imagine an untradeable Amnesia Brace was implemented to help maintain a fragile economy, or something along those lines, but maybe it really is simply content secluded behind a pay wall. As I mentioned, I'm not against this at all. I'm actually very grateful that the vast majority of items are NOT implemented in this way. Just lookin' for an straight answer is all. Kinda seems outta place, don't ya think?

Looking forward to a reply, and thanks for taking the time to listen  <3

On 10/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, Wudenbachs said:

What's good! New to the forums, and back to the game with a new account years after initially playing  :)

I'm very curious as to why all of the items available in the Gift Shop, including Donator Tickets, can be purchased with in game resources through one means or another, save for the Amnesia Brace. After the conversation came up in Global, I felt inclined to start a thread, but I see now that this question has been asked for years. Surely, there must be a rationale for the decision to mark the Amnesia Brace as 'Untradeable', and we can speculate on that, but it'd be nice to know for certain the vindicating argument.

I'm not against it as long as it's reasonably justified, and in all honestly, I'll most likely pay for one soon whether or not the decision to limit the availability of the Amnesia Brace is extenuated.

This doesn't upset me because I'm ok with paying. I'm just curious why I HAVE to.

Maybe it's really as simple as that. I'd like to imagine an untradeable Amnesia Brace was implemented to help maintain a fragile economy, or something along those lines, but maybe it really is simply content secluded behind a pay wall. As I mentioned, I'm not against this at all. I'm actually very grateful that the vast majority of items are NOT implemented in this way. Just lookin' for an straight answer is all. Kinda seems outta place, don't ya think?

Looking forward to a reply, and thanks for taking the time to listen  <3

Pretty much what I would've said. I think the amnesia brace is an AMAZING item, but I do agree that making it untradeable is a bit unfair. I've talked to players from Bangladesh, Venezuela, India etc in the game, countries where $1 is a LOT in their currencies. There's also players who don't have much income to spare like kids, college students, and the Amnesia brace is a wonderful idea, so why not make it more accessible? 

I don't necessarily believe in it working as an Exp Share too, the Macho Brace doesn't, but exclusive items won't help get more donations if a lot of players can't donate. Plus if it were enabled it would mean another item for people who CAN donate to buy the item to sell to other players. I think it'd be a good move :) I really do hope you guys do this. Every player I've talked to supports this idea. Hope you guys respond, at the very least.

Edited by Dibbzzz
On 10/13/2018 at 7:44 AM, Wudenbachs said:

Looking forward to a reply

Don't be too hopeful.

Probably not responding because they would have to give a proper justification, which they don't have cause there isn't one.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:55 AM, Dibbzzz said:

Pretty much what I would've said. I think the amnesia brace is an AMAZING item, but I do agree that making it untradeable is a bit unfair. I've talked to players from Bangladesh, Venezuela, India etc in the game, countries where $1 is a LOT in their countries. There's also players who don't have much income to spare like kids, college students, and the Amnesia brace is a wonderful idea, so why not make it more accessible? 

I don't necessarily believe in it working as an Exp Share too, the Macho Brace doesn't, but exclusive items won't help get more donations if a lot of players can't donate. Plus if it were enabled it would mean another item for people who CAN donate to buy the item to sell to other players. I think it'd be a good move :) I really do hope you guys do this. Every player I've talked to supports this idea. Hope you guys respond, at the very least.

Yeah one of the main reasons I started this thread years ago was to address that. Many players from different background cannot spent irl money to afford in-game items but would gladly spend in-game currency to get em.

Considering that all other gift shop items are tradeable, it seems logical to allow players to trade this item. In addition, it is a practical necessity for the efficient leveling of Little Cup comps and would improve the PokeMMO economy by introducing a little more cash flow.

7e9928371ff65d010c22ba653d641460.png

I love competitive pokemon battles, especially LC tier.

But I cannot make LC comps easily, there is always a risk of them evolving, and if somehow they are trained without evolution, it is irritating to cancel evolution every since time it levels up. And even after all that, they cannot be made at the aesthetic lvl 5 at which LC pokemons are usually in battle. 

And if using Amnesia Brace to get them at lvl 5 or to not risk evolution, it take hours, literally hours, just to train one, and since the pokemon to be trained cannot kill hordes most of the time, you have to switch between killer pokemon and go through an ultra grind and cancerous experience, The kind which is certainly not worth spending $10 in my opinion and almost make you want to quit game rather than training comps.

So please, improve this item, help the community train better. It would also benefit the game since the item is an RP purchase item.

Please do it. Thank You.

Honestly I think the item could use a rework as a whole. I eved my first LC comp yesterday and it took me long enough that I just gave up and used vitamins to finish it off. On the topic of making it tradable, I feel that it would help a portion of the player base (Kids, broke fools, etc...) and there is really no reason for it not to be.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, Cressman said:

Considering that all other gift shop items are tradeable, it seems logical to allow players to trade this item. In addition, it is a practical necessity for the efficient leveling of Little Cup comps and would improve the PokeMMO economy by introducing a little more cash flow.

7e9928371ff65d010c22ba653d641460.png

This. I'd actually play LC then lol...

On 12/22/2018 at 7:52 AM, RysPicz said:

You're tagging the wrong people. It's been 4 years and we haven't received any input from them.

2pkzs6.jpg

Let's turn to someone who will actually hear our requests and hopefully reach devs.

@Bestfriends

Good morning fellow citizens, I hope you all are doing well. Making the Amnesia Brace tradable sounds like a good idea. As a person who use to have an EV Training service in 2014, I can vouch for the authenticity of this idea. Back then, I use to be one of the few owners of an Amnesia Brace and the demand was high, so I had to charge 200k per pokemon I trained. If this item was able to be traded around, then my service would cost a lot less.

Spoiler

Please do not ask me to EV Train your pokemon. My schedule is quite tight due to my Mayoral duties. I want to close out 2018 on a strong note and hope to tackle 2019 with the same amount of determination and willpower. Stay tuned for more detail on this development.