Baby Pokemon Art Contest Winners.

Noad

Baby Pokemon Art Contest Winners

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their entries, I was blown away by the amount of effort that everyone put into their artwork for this contest. There certainly are a lot of very talented PokeMMO players.  B)

It was very difficult to pick the winning entry out of all the amazing submissions and I want to also thank all of the judges that helped to choose the overall winners. You can find the event thread in the official events archive and if you would like to look through all of the entries you can go to the Imgur album that was created for the contest. I hope you all had fun creating your baby Pokemon and looking at the artwork submitted by others, I know I had fun looking through them all!

Second Place (500 RP): Vaanash - "Ominy"

YdjhdUm.png

The judges loved how Ominy fitted in so well with the evolution line, from Ominy to Omanyte to Omastar you see the Pokemon gradually emerge from it's shell. Ominy's features make it a convincing baby Pokemon - the big eyes give it an innocent feel while the tentacles coming from it's mouth looks convincingly like a pacifier/dummy.

Overall  the design is really original and looks ready to be implemented into the Pokemon games tomorrow. Vaanash didn't just draw a smaller version of a Pokemon, but created a whole new one. You can tell that this was well thought out and this helped it be so well executed. Keeping it simple really paid off and we thought that this entry was definitely one of the strongest in the contest. 

First Place (1000 RP): DynamicPyro - "Splashzel"

xLEpKJK.jpg

The judges felt that DynamicPyro had really kept in mind how existing baby Pokemon looked when designing their own. Splashzel is a recognisable pre-evolution to Buizel but still keeps originality in it's design. We loved that Splashzel had water wings/armbands and felt that this was a creative way to link it to it's later evolutions. 

Judges commented on how the coloured pencils were used well and that the shading was spot on, the colours used are also really effective and blended well.The forest background and portraying Splashzel as taking a stroll gives it a lot of character and makes it come alive, this makes it really easy to imagine it being a real baby Pokemon you can encounter in the games. 

Honourable Mentions

Due to the large amount of entries we received I decided that even those these entries did not place first or second they deserved a mention.

Vnives - "Luchita"

Z2tSekh.png

Judges felt that overall the design and art was very effective. It is a great baby version of Hawlucha. Personally, I loved the use of colours and shading to add detail. 

Feravyne - "Renarne"

8ucYzLz.png

Feravyne showed some great effort by showing her creation from multiple views. Judges liked that Feravyne kept the design canon- Vulpix is born with one white tail. Overall it was an adorable entry.

SecretCandy - "Lilfrou"

8RIPF45.png

Judges thought that SecretCandy did a good job keeping Lilfrou's design consistent with later evolutions. Lilfrou is portrayed as looking really happy and excitable just like a real life puppy making the concept of baby Furfrou very believable. 

There were so many other great entries, feel free to discuss them in this thread. A big congratulations to DynamicPyro and Vaanash, enjoy your well deserved Reward Points.  :)

I honestly surprised that out of all the entries that were submitted that mine was chosen out of all of them xD. There were so many fantastic submissions, a lot of which I thought had a WAYYYY better chance at winning as opposed to mine.

That being said, I'm very happy that mine was chosen. Thank you Noad for a fun contest and I'm hoping that there's more to come much more similar to this.

Congratz to the winners! I loved Fera's and Vnives because I thought the concept and execution were fantastic but I do agree the others were awesome as well. :)

NOAD PLS ANOTHER ART CONTEST. I HAVE TIME TO SPEND NOW :)

[spoiler] <3 Thanks for hosting [/spoiler]

Requesting painting of my dream shack next to the ocean with nobody else around for miles and miles