Team and Tournament Buildings/Locations

TrainerShazbot

Question

Allot of talk has been going on about two things in particular, Player Housing, and Guilds. Personally i can see allot of potential with these two. Similar to the Island were the Battle Tower was located in Emerald.

Create a custom zone, doesn't have to be very large at all were this would take place, as to not interfere with the canon zones. In this zone the tournament structures could be located and other community implemented things.

Now comes the guild part, or more specifically what i believe, should it be implemented, what it should entail. Imagine a Neutral guild hall which would act as a gym. This gym would have locked doors unless someone from the guild entered or was invited to. Then we would have a custom instance depending on how the guild was set up by its respective owners using the same player housing features that were in Ruby and Sapphire, only a little more in depth.

Making the whole guild system fall under the one roof, excuse the pun, and just generating different istances for the relative guild would mean allot less space would be needed to house the many guilds, should they ever make it into the game.

Just a thought, and a interesting fanon way to implement guilds.

It would be amazing.

Too bad one would be a fool for even thinking they might implement it.

It's too much work.

wouldnt be too much work considering since we will get Hoenn soon and that does have secret bases so im sure Kyu/Desu can make it very much possible.

It would be amazing.
Too bad one would be a fool for even thinking they might implement it.
It's too much work.

I disagree. So make a function where the leader and officers of teams have the ability to create secret bases at certain locations. This then would create a temporary tile that once stepped on/into would generate either the prompt "this is one of your secret bases, would you like to enter?" or "this is another team's secret bases, and are not permitted to enter at this time". The only hard part would be generating that temporary tile. Since only one team could own a specific secret base location at a time, memory space wouldn't be as big of an issue than if every single team could have the same secret base at the same time.

Or, the only thing that would have to be done, is since creating and entering a secret base is already a part of the Emerald ROM, you would just have to create something that prohibits non-members from entering the place that was made.

[spoiler] sorry if the "two" scenarios didn't seem different in the least. But the main point is, is that I think it is way more easy to implement than you think (not saying that it would be easy. Just not impossible or extremely difficult) [/spoiler]

edit: Question. Would making a secret base on Ch.1 for Team GxNO (for example) also mean that the same secret base location on Ch. 2 be GxNO's as well (without having to physically going to that channel and claiming it there as well)?

edit2: Also how many bases would a team be allowed to have? and should we change that number based on the number of "active" members the teams own (which would also cause for a need of determining "active" and "inactive" players by the game system)?

I disagree. So make a function where the leader and officers of teams have the ability to create secret bases at certain locations. This then would create a temporary tile that once stepped on/into would generate either the prompt "this is one of your secret bases, would you like to enter?" or "this is another team's secret bases, and are not permitted to enter at this time". The only hard part would be generating that temporary tile. Since only one team could own a specific secret base location at a time, memory space wouldn't be as big of an issue than if every single team could have the same secret base at the same time.

Or, the only thing that would have to be done, is since creating and entering a secret base is already a part of the Emerald ROM, you would just have to create something that prohibits non-members from entering the place that was made.

[spoiler] sorry if the "two" scenarios didn't seem different in the least. But the main point is, is that I think it is way more easy to implement than you think (not saying that it would be easy. Just not impossible or extremely difficult) [/spoiler]

I still doubt we're gonna see this at all.

It's taking months to only see a "minor update"

I think everybody wants this since forever, maybe we get it in hoenn , with the mechanics being on the emerald rom? it probably need to be overworked a lot for mmo enviroment, maybe it has to be an entirely custom made thing

I still doubt we're gonna see this at all.
It's taking months to only see a "minor update"

This "minor" update is also said to remove nearly all the bugs in the game. I think you underestimate how much work goes into programming things that don't have a mojor effect on the players' gameplay, but are still necessary. Also, making intelligent AI's for a game like this, with so many variables is extraordinarily tedious and time consuming. I understand why the update is taking so long, but I would have rather seen them do this update in steps, so there wouldn't have been such a huge gap inbetween updates.

This game still has a huge amount of potential. and team bases would greatly increase one of the best aspects about MMOs. Clans/Teams.

This "minor" update is also said to remove nearly all the bugs in the game. I think you underestimate how much work goes into programming things that don't have a mojor effect on the players' gameplay, but are still necessary. Also, making intelligent AI's for a game like this, with so many variables is extraordinarily tedious and time consuming. I understand why the update is taking so long, but I would have rather seen them do this update in steps, so there wouldn't have been such a huge gap inbetween updates.

This game still has a huge amount of potential. and team bases would greatly increase one of the best aspects about MMOs. Clans/Teams.

The game is actually dying though.

Who knows what they will focus on after the freakin AI is done.

I mean, i guess the point in working on the AI is to make a proper battle tower, isn't it?

Let's just hope it won't die before emerald comes out, then we'll see what is going to happen after we get rid of bugs and dumb trainers.

The game is actually dying though.

Who knows what they will focus on after the freakin AI is done.

I mean, i guess the point in working on the AI is to make a proper battle tower, isn't it?

Let's just hope it won't die before emerald comes out, then we'll see what is going to happen after we get rid of bugs and dumb trainers.

I would give a whole explanation as to why the game is not dying, but we are getting off topic. If you want to PM me to continue our "little argument" feel free to do so. But let's not do it here.