Team and Tournament Buildings/Locations

TrainerShazbot

Question

Allot of talk has been going on about two things in particular, Player Housing, and Guilds. Personally i can see allot of potential with these two. Similar to the Island were the Battle Tower was located in Emerald.

Create a custom zone, doesn't have to be very large at all were this would take place, as to not interfere with the canon zones. In this zone the tournament structures could be located and other community implemented things.

Now comes the guild part, or more specifically what i believe, should it be implemented, what it should entail. Imagine a Neutral guild hall which would act as a gym. This gym would have locked doors unless someone from the guild entered or was invited to. Then we would have a custom instance depending on how the guild was set up by its respective owners using the same player housing features that were in Ruby and Sapphire, only a little more in depth.

Making the whole guild system fall under the one roof, excuse the pun, and just generating different istances for the relative guild would mean allot less space would be needed to house the many guilds, should they ever make it into the game.

Just a thought, and a interesting fanon way to implement guilds.

You could just have guild leaders control guild hall permissions. They'll have a list of members and they can toggle permissions for members, like ability to enter gym, ability to use the Guild PC, ability to decorate (if decorating is added), etc. Add a toggle for Public/Private. In Private Mode (default), no one can enter except members who are allowed and anyone the leader adds to a guest list; public lets anyone in. Player walks to the door, it displays a list of all the gyms they can enter, with their guild gym at the top for simplicity. Here's an idea: we could replace the Net Center on One Island (it was used to link up with Sapphire and Ruby or something, but is worthless now) and turn it into our empty player gym. It already looks kind of like a Gym. I also feel there should be a certain member count before you are allowed to have a gym.

Hey lets extend on that idea, the gym leader could effectively be the same as the guild leader, with a ghost of them and there chosen team ready to fight, to get into the guild, you need to take down the leader. Or the leader can just be there to offer monetary or some other form of loot, tying nicely into the mmo feel.

Reviving this one, after a long long time. (only because i dont want do new topic, and get the "this one was suggested here bla bla bla"). The post is about the tournament locations etc (not the team housing)

So, after watching a little how the unofficial tournaments work, and the big disappointment i get after watching so much canceled tournaments, only because the people dont show up on the tourneys. I was thinking in do some place / HUD for start tournaments, which everything more automatized and clean.

One of the purposes of doing a tournament automatic system, is prevent this:

• Less scam by tournaments hosts (the money holders) with the entry fee, if the system hold the collected money, no more situations like "i have the money and bye bye".
  • No more spam about "X Tournament on Viridian" on Global Chats (sometimes annoying as hell)
  • Better promotion of tournaments, with one big list of current tournaments.
  • (Lot more things i dont remember right now)

Also i do some mockups (with the ranking matches), because one image say more than 1000 words:

Signup for some tourney

qALiNHb.png

Spectate Menu

d0dl.png

After selecting the tournament u want join, the game send you to some place outside of the canon zones, creating something like a tournament arena.

Anyways i know this type of implementation take a lot of time, but i want to know the opinion of the devs.

Thanks for the attention.

I like it, one thing though I think that the tournament signup area should also indicate how many people are in it and how many spots are full, as well as format (single elim/double elim/round robin, etc)

Yeah the mockup image was just a little example, adding number of spots and type of bracket sounds good, also something like custom clauses/banned pokemons for the tournaments etc etc.

Anyways with this solution, the creation of event can being so easy.

yeah i like this idea so +1,but i dont want to disregard the OPs original idea regarding team housing either,i thought it was a pretty awesome idea,but would maybe add on to it by suggesting a minimum requirements to posses a guild HQ.active for atleast a month,10 members etc etc.also i think maybe adding rent would be a good idea as a money sink,buy able decorations could add to that...just an idea i think would be cool

So, I stumbled on something in another thread and came up with an amazing idea. Why don't we implement secret bases in which only in-game team members can enter? For example, JSTUD used the move secret power on an accessible location and now all [LYLE] members can enter freely, while others cannot. You could even allow for customization such as purchasing dolls, desks, rugs, etc with Battle Points, Yen, or RP.

Would make things very exciting. Maybe even have bases limited (10 locations per channel, or even less) with some sort of decay factor implemented to push dead teams out. So if you don't use the base for 72 hours (no member enters or leaves), the lock decays and other teams can raid/claim it.

What do you guys think? I think it would be awesome!

EDIT: More thoughts on this. You could potentially even have these bases related to official events, such as the team tournament, scavenger  hunts, etc. Top 3 finishers can be given "keys" to use a location in order to avoid mad wild-goose chases between the hundreds of teams in game.

Things like this would actually make the game feel like an MMO. If there is anything this game needs besides better mechanics, all gen 3 pokes, the removal of breeding, oh sry...

This idea is great and there needs to be much more team related content. Right now all teams do for us is give us a private group chat.

+999901029301234

i think instanced secret bases is better. I dont support anon teams but i think its unfair if only few teams will benefit from secret bases.

or better yet custom bases with rooms, beds, tv, or something we in the team can interact with like minigames to get our mind off the endless grind (dream on) then add a PC inside it for easy battling. just little this and that to make team life enjoyable. or add custom decorations like trophies for team achievements (Blablabla 8/10 everything I stated will not be implemented)

AND MORE OVERWORLD CONTENT PLS

Copyright ! :D

Some ideas :
- the secret base can be locked or open to anyone by the leader (if the team is hosting a tour)
- any team can have a secret base but must buy it (say, 1 million or more, depending on the size)
- people can share pokemons in a super-awesome team PC in the HQ (common boxes)

there are already secret bases in hoenn so should be easy to make them for teams rather then individual

also make it so only Leader/Officers can customize base so members dont mess it up

Dat discrimination against Members!

Team secret base is a very nice idea, but I don't think one bas locked for other people if a team use one is a good issue:
If a team have a secret base and other people truc to enter, they'll do not enter in the same place.

I wish also we'll can have both team base and personal base, and in our personal base permit to invite people (like a private room)

As vaanash said, inclued team PC would be awesome, permite to share some breeder etc
I'll add it will be nice if we can have 2 kind of box in this PC, one for all members, and one reserved to officers/leader

Apparently Yes isn't sufficient enough to voice my approval.

OMG OMG OMG this would be the coolest thing ever, i totally would love for dis to be implemented. And some teams who don't like getting scouted could battle in their secret base with no worries.

How was that?